Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer 4WD Problems

2»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,130
    edited April 2010
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I would recommend taking your vehicle to a dealership to have the 4 wheel drive concern diagnosed. That way you know what is going on with the vehicle. I can locate a dealership in your area if you like. I will need your zip code in order to do that. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • ibnahooibnahoo Posts: 4
    I got cought in fine sand driving my T/B LT 05, every time I try to get it out, it gets deeper in the sand... I let one of my friends to try driving it out while I was outside helping to remove the sand away from the rear wheels... in the 4LO only one wheel was spinning... the other three were not... obviously the differencial gear puts all the tourque on the free moving wheel... was that normal to happen? cause I understands that 4LO should put the high torque equally on the 4 wheels whether its free moving or not... please advise .
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    I assume you don't have rear limited slip. In that case only one wheel in the back would spin, one wheel on the front axle would spin under certain conditions. 4wd is really a misnomer as I understand it, power is really only transferred to one wheel front and back (unless you have locking differentials). The best thing to have done is to let the tire pressures down to 15psi or so to increase the traction and dig out all four wheels to make the transition easier.
  • ibnahooibnahoo Posts: 4
    Thank you John for the reply. This morning I had a similar experience and it seems that I can only use the 4WD for road stability when conditions are not right... in fact it is great pain offroads while it shouldn't... if differential gear would only spin the free moving wheel and not the loaded ones, so what is the great use then? waste....
  • rayk7rayk7 Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 trailblazer with 98000 miles. Just recently i've had the following issues come up. The passenger side front window will not go up. I think the button is stuck in the down position. The check ABS light went on a couple of days ago and now the service 4 wheel drive light went on today. Are these issues common for this vehicle and does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
  • i have taken mine to the dealership numerous times for 4 wheel drive problems and it still is not fixed. the four wheel drive has never worked properly! i had to pay extra to get 4 wheel drive on the vehicle and now have to continue to spend money on it and it never works when i need it! i am so frustrated i would rip it out if i could!
  • As posted above (2 years ago), my4wd service light came on and would start jerking and running rough. I didn't fix as I could deal with the 2wd, but now that the TB is used by my daughter, I finally had my dealer fix the problem. The dealer diagnosed and replace encoder motor/actuator ($566.46) acouple of weeks ago. Well, it finally snowed and it worked for a day. It's jerking again in 4 Hi and 4awd and it is difficult to get back to 2wd after turning the switch back, but after while, it went back to 2wd. Plan to take back to dealer next week. Hope they can fix it this time. If anyone has an idea (including GM) I would appreciate it.
  • I have a 2003 trialblazer...we rarely use the 4x4 but just a few days ago we got some good snow and used the 4wd and all of the sudden I heard some sounds like if some gears were hitting with rocks!!
  • I have a 03 tb ltz and when I put it in 4wd and start picking up speed my car starts to sh ?ake can someone help plz
  • Was wondering if you had ever got your issue resolved. I've used 4wd a few more times than others and for about 4 months now it's been jerking and in the last two weeks 4wd service has came on. I've had my truck now almost 4 years and have put a lot of miles on it. Just wondering what solved your issue. I want to take it in to the dealer soon...
  • Good morning wowitsval,

Keep us posted on how your dealership visit goes if you do go in. We're available to follow up with them or look into the situation further if you like and can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN along with any further details).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • In my temp goes above 40 most of the time... I checked with the service centre and they replaced the circuit controller (processor) was malfunctioning for a different reason... now its OK... Good luck
  • Thank you for the follow up... I got my car serviced lately for electrical control malfunction... replaced controller and now it is OK.... many thanks
  • Glad to hear it, ibnahoo! Thank you for the update!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Hi, i have an o4 trilblazer that had a cracked transfer case np8, I replaced it with a used one, it came complete with shift motor and all sensors. When i switch it in to any mode awd, 4 wheel high or 4 wheel low. the light flashes on what i selected but then goes off, and the light on 2 wheel high stays on the whole time. The 4 wheel drive never engages.
  • gmtech4955gmtech4955 Posts: 1
    same problem here replaced t case and ended up replacing 4wd tccm" control module". the module caused the t case failure
  • kaya2kaya2 Posts: 1
    I would like to know why GM hasn't issued a recall for all the 4wd problems I'm seeing on this site. I just had to "invest" over $5K to rebuild my 4wd transmission on my '06 TB. When will GM admit that there is a serious problem with their TB 4wd transmission and fix the problem!
  • @rockside said: Hi, I have a 2006 Trailblazer (Extended) with 4 Wheel Drive. It works great in 2WD or 4 Wheel High. However, when I set it to "Auto" and I drive up a hill, something seems to "Slip" / "Clunk" about every 3 seconds. I took it to the dealer and they "could not find anything wrong" and asked if I was driving on Ice or in wet conditions. I have tested it in completely dry conditions and it always portrays the same symptoms when driving up a hill. What is likely the issue? Is this normal? I never noticed it until this year, and we live in a snowey area, so have often driven in "Auto" since we had the car.

• I have the same issue with my 2006 Trailblazer. Did you get it fixed? What was wrong with it? I'm going to get the transfer case fluid changed. My mechanic suggested that since it has almost 90,000 miles on it. Not guaranteed to fix the problem but it should be done. I hope it does, because I like my auto 4×4 . Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

2»