Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer 4WD Problems

13»

Comments

• Good morning wowitsval,

Keep us posted on how your dealership visit goes if you do go in. We're available to follow up with them or look into the situation further if you like and can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN along with any further details).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • In my temp goes above 40 most of the time... I checked with the service centre and they replaced the circuit controller (processor) was malfunctioning for a different reason... now its OK... Good luck
  • Thank you for the follow up... I got my car serviced lately for electrical control malfunction... replaced controller and now it is OK.... many thanks
  • Glad to hear it, ibnahoo! Thank you for the update!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Hi, i have an o4 trilblazer that had a cracked transfer case np8, I replaced it with a used one, it came complete with shift motor and all sensors. When i switch it in to any mode awd, 4 wheel high or 4 wheel low. the light flashes on what i selected but then goes off, and the light on 2 wheel high stays on the whole time. The 4 wheel drive never engages.
  • gmtech4955gmtech4955 Posts: 1
    same problem here replaced t case and ended up replacing 4wd tccm" control module". the module caused the t case failure
  • kaya2kaya2 Posts: 1
    I would like to know why GM hasn't issued a recall for all the 4wd problems I'm seeing on this site. I just had to "invest" over $5K to rebuild my 4wd transmission on my '06 TB. When will GM admit that there is a serious problem with their TB 4wd transmission and fix the problem!
  • @rockside said: Hi, I have a 2006 Trailblazer (Extended) with 4 Wheel Drive. It works great in 2WD or 4 Wheel High. However, when I set it to "Auto" and I drive up a hill, something seems to "Slip" / "Clunk" about every 3 seconds. I took it to the dealer and they "could not find anything wrong" and asked if I was driving on Ice or in wet conditions. I have tested it in completely dry conditions and it always portrays the same symptoms when driving up a hill. What is likely the issue? Is this normal? I never noticed it until this year, and we live in a snowey area, so have often driven in "Auto" since we had the car.

• I have the same issue with my 2006 Trailblazer. Did you get it fixed? What was wrong with it? I'm going to get the transfer case fluid changed. My mechanic suggested that since it has almost 90,000 miles on it. Not guaranteed to fix the problem but it should be done. I hope it does, because I like my auto 4×4 . Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

13»