Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Aura Electrical / Computer Problems?

1234568»

Comments

• I need some help. I purchased a Saturn 2008 Aura last year and all I had was problems and recalls. My door locks would go up and down while driving every other day. When it rain it was worst. But when I take it to the shop it would stop. They couldn't fix it because they couldn't see the problem. Then my check tire pressure light would come on and off. I took it to the shop, the tire pressure was fine. Then the auto-theft light would come on and off. Traction light would come on and off. Basically the car had a mind of its own. I drove the car about 10 miles October 31, 2013. Parked walked across the street all of a sudden my car became a blaze of fire under the hood. The fire department said it started from the engine. Do anyone know how this could have happened? This car was a problem from day one. GM said they wouldn't help me because in my state the Breach of Warranty Statue of limitations ended August 2013, 6 years from the time the original owner purchased the Vehicle. Can anyone help me find them liable, as which they truly are?I am still paying for this car. GM are so wrong for not protecting our safety. I could have died in this fire incident. Is a person's death is what it is going to take before any action is brought forth fromm these unsafe Saturn's Aura. What do you suggest?
  • I need some help. I purchased a Saturn 2008 Aura last year and all I had was problems and recalls. My door locks would go up and down while driving every other day. When it rain it was worst. But when I take it to the shop it would stop. They couldn't fix it because they couldn't see the problem. Then my check tire pressure light would come on and off. I took it to the shop, the tire pressure was fine. Then the auto-theft light would come on and off. Traction light would come on and off. Basically the car had a mind of its own. I drove the car about 10 miles October 31, 2013. Parked walked across the street all of a sudden my car became a blaze of fire under the hood. The fire department said it started from the engine. Do anyone know how this could have happened? This car was a problem from day one. GM said they wouldn't help me because in my state the Breach of Warranty Statue of limitations ended August 2013, 6 years from the time the original owner purchased the Vehicle. Can anyone help me find them liable, as which they truly are?I am still paying for this car. GM are so wrong for not protecting our safety. I could have died in this fire incident. Is a person's death is what it is going to take before any action is brought forth fromm these unsafe Saturn's Aura. What do you suggest?
  • I've had my Aura for a couple years now, and the problems have been fairly minimal... until now.

Sure, having to replace the battery a couple times was a pain. The key fobs barely working were inconvenient. The brakes got a little scary when driving down a big hill. And the terrible road noise down the highway, and bumpy ride didn't make for a comfortable ride. BUT, when my power steering went out in middle of me turning a corner... well, that was just dangerous! To top it off, my husband inspects the car and can't find anything wrong with it, even though I told him a "ESC power steering" light came on when it happened.

So, with much fear, I drove the car again and it was fine... until today. I was taking my son to school (in the ice and snow), when all of a sudden I didn't have power steering in middle of a turn! I am afraid to drive the car again at this point. When the steering goes out, it is almost impossible to not hit someone. I wish I hadn't traded in my Tahoe for this piece of crap!
  • zack2416zack2416 South Mississippi Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2008 saturn aura XE in the fall of 2013. The radio screen was already out. A few months later the FOB started to not work now only the unlock, trunk, and panic barley work. The locks are starting to act up (started with rear driver side door) and now the driver lock/unlock door button doesn't work. Power steering has went out a few times and nearly caused me to wreck. It has stalled a few times. I don't want to end up like others and have it start having battery problems. I would like to take action upon this Saturn/GM issue and get it resolved before someone gets hurt or even worse killed.
  • jpipp25jpipp25 Posts: 1

I need some help. I purchased a Saturn 2008 Aura last year and my door locks would go up and down while driving every other day then became soo often it would do it every 2 seconds even with the car off.. But when I take it to the shop Traction light would come on and off. Now its been about 4 months that I can start my car up first thing and drive around but when i shut it off i takes 2 hours to 3 hours before i start it again, It has brand new starter i replaced it 4 times thinking it was always bad bought 3 batteries and new O2 sensors all 4 of them and spark plugs. nothing seems to help when i go to mechanic it always works fine. talked to GM and been there 3 times and they act like i am crazy. Even shot a video on my cell phone showing them the problem and they have no clue. I am not the onlyu one who is having this issue and can afford any more money for a mechanic. Any one have any help i am a 29 yr old single dad who need car help.

• joerebkjoerebk Posts: 1

I had the door lock problem. If you replace the power lock switches the problem is solved. In addition, I had the the original problem in this thread of the rough running and the traction control light coming on. It is a bad fuel injector. Replaced the fuel injectors and the car is now purring like a kitten.

• tinkbel25tinkbel25 Posts: 1

All these post I have read have me so scared. I bought my Saturn Aura in 08 brand new off the lot. Within 2 weeks I had the brakes replaced. Not to mention tons of tires. Also my electrical system started having problems with the radio and so on. Then next came my transmission just gave out and left me and my 3 kids stranded so I had that replaced. Then My breaks went out again!!! WTH.. Here I am still trying to pay it off, and I have sunk over 4000 into it in the last 3 months to different vast variety of things. Now I just bought 2 more new tires and had them put on at GMC and now I seen a new problem. I had the low traction and then the traction service esc light come on and it felt like it was dragging almost and losing power but then stopped. Also I had a brand new battery put in a few months back...cables and connection are fine according to GMC but yet sometimes my car just won't start. I have been disappointed from the beginning. Here I am about to make an hour trip with the family and I am terrified to drive it. The worst car I have ever bought. Also only place to service it is GMC but it seems like everytime they fix something within a week I am back in there. Stressed

1234568»