It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
1995 seville radio whine
the radio that goes up/down with the engine RPM.
It doesn't matter if it's AM/FM/CD/tape. It has
60,000 miles on it. Here are some observations I
1. It only does it when the engine is warm.
2. The battery voltage is 14.1v cold engine.
3. The battery voltage randomly moves between
12.9-13.5v when the engine is warm.
4. Turning on the AC, seats, radio, head-lights
doesn't really affect the voltage
5. When the car is stopped at a light, it
typically reads a bit lower (closer to 12.9v)
I'm suspecting an alternator, rectifier, or
regulator. Maybe it's one unit in the alternator,
I really don't know! Any help would be