Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX possible tranny problems??? Please help!!

w2ew2e Posts: 2
edited March 20 in Suzuki
Okay ladies and gents...
I own a 2003 Suzuki Aerio SX 2wd with approx. 43K miles. Everything has been fine until this year.

First....grinding brakes. Note that the brake pads did NOT need to be replaced, they were fine, just Suzuki's inability to maintain lube on the break components (according to my mechanic...but if that sounds like a crock, please let me know).
That problem has since been fixed (it took 4 visits to the shop, but at least that problem is "at bay" for now).

Now for the doozy and where I really need some help.

Recently, after getting my battery replaced (it died), my "check engine" light went on. Apparently I had a spark plug that needed replacing. Right after that happened I noticed that at higher speeds (50-60 mph) the car would "jump" and almost loose power when I took my foot off of the accelerator. Left it with the mechanic today, and he thinks it may be a tranny issue. Fuel injector cleaner has been done and all other services have been maintained. Could it really be a tranny issue or is my mechanic full of it?

And if it is a tranny issue, does anyone know what the Suzuki warranty is on such issues and the expiry of such warranty's? Keeping in mind I bought the car in Canada in 2003 and then moved to the US the following year (only mentioning as I'm not sure if that has any bearing on the warranty).

Before I pick up the phone and call Suzuki myself, I thought I would put these issues out there to see if anyone has any wise advice. As I'm sure you can see, I'm in need of some as I'm not exactly a car expert!

Thank you for your words of wisdom in advance!

Comments

• bori74bori74 Posts: 1
    I HAVE AN 03 AERIO WITH A LEFT TRANSMISSION BEARING PROBLEM.I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM A DEALER AROUND 2 YEARS AGO.THE DEALER DOESN'T WANT TO HONOR THE WARRANTY. THE WARRANTY IS 100,000 MILES ON DRIVETRAIN AND THE BEARING ON THE INSIDE OF THE TRANNY IS INCLUDED IN THE WARRANTY.IF YOUR CLOSE TO 100,000 BE READY FOR A FIGHT WITH THE DEALER,AS I'AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING.
This discussion has been closed.