Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Audio, iPod, Bluetooth, MP3, AUX questions

1121314151618»

Comments

• I have a 2011 Touring model that was purchased used without Sirius service installed. Do I need to purchase a tuner/antenna package from Mazda to hook Sirius up to the factory unit or would one of the aftermarket tuners available from Sirius work? I had a hard time determining if the tuners on the Sirius site were even compatible as 1) I don't know the brand of radio in the Mazda (it's not the Bose unit) and 2) I don't know if the factory unit is considered a)Sirius/XM-ready, b)Siruis-ready, c) XM-ready, or d) SAT Radio-ready. Apparently, this is important as the tuner I found is compatible only with a but not b, c or d.

Also, does the 2011 still have the issues found in earlier years with Sirius making bluetooth and/or the aux jack inoperable? And is there still the need to purchase a ground loop insulator when using the aux jack like in earlier years?
  • brendwalbrendwal Posts: 1
    Just picked up an '08 CX-9 GT with Navigation, Bose, and DVD Ent system. From what I can tell, it has almost every option. But dammed if I can find (not on the dash!) a CD Player! Can't find a 6-CD changer in the back anywhere either. How am I supposed to play an Audio CD? Reach behind me and put it in the DVD player on the roof?! That sounds too bizarre.
    Also, when I open the glovebox on the center console, the 3.5mm Aux audio jack doesn't exist - just a plastic imprint and label of where it WOULD go if there indeed was one. Odd as well? Any info on this would be fabulous. I found the Navigation unit CD/DVD player in the back under the tool compartment. And the Bose Subwoofer. NO CD ANYTHING. ARG!
  • e_zeee_zee Posts: 1
    Just got a '13 CX-9 and when I run the usb connection to my 5th Gen ipod (yes before the classic) it reads that there is an ipod connection but does not ever find the device. It contunues to search for an extended period of time, which at one point I let it search for about 15-20 minutes before I gave up. Has anyone experienced/resolved this issue with the older ipod classics?
  • I just had a repair done to my 2010 Mazda 3 and am having the same problem. I think the audio somehow got disconnected during the repair. Like you said, the system pairs with my iphone 5 and accepts verbal commands, but I can't hear any of the audio instructions like "say a command" or streaming music. Does anyone have a quick fix I can share with my mechanic, I think something didn't get put back right.
  • mrsc2mrsc2 Posts: 1
    I have the same year cx-9 grand touring. On the left side of the navigation screen, the very top button(load/eject), is the one you need. It is on top of the navi button. Press it and the screen will slide down and you can insert cd's.
  • I have a new 2013 CX9 Grand Touring AWD. I have a 16GB PNY USB drive with mp3 music arranged into folders. When I put the drive into the USB port, the radio scrambles the music into it's own list and won't display my folders or playlist also, it won't start where it left off once I turn off the radio power. Any ideas?

Thanks
  • lmabadielmabadie Posts: 3

I have a Mazda CX9 with Nav and Sirius radio. The software for the Sirius radio (and the FM radio also) has multiple absurd issues, like if it had been released without proper testing. For example the "seek alarm" feature that does not work once the car is moving, although at most it is two keystrokes (how do you set your favorites, just spend hours with your car running until all your favorite artists play????), the fact that to go DOWN the list of radio stations you need to go UP in the steering wheel controls, the fact that one you get a seek alarm, it does stay on even after the song is no longer available, and many others. Does anybody know if there is a way to get an upgrade to this software?

• I recently purchased an iPod and want to sync with my 2012, Mazda CX9 with Navigation/media centre, however it just want sync. I seem to get to the stage of entering in the password 0000, then it gives an error message. Thanks