Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rental Car Experiences?

Comments

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,576
    Yes Steve, I do know this. I always look to see where the the icon is pointing...our first rule when getting into a car is to check the gas gauge to see what the situation is. We have 4 vehicles in the family fleet and two of them are on the passenger side of the car and two are on the drivers side. The Honda and Hyundai are on the drivers side while the Nissan and Mazda are on the passengers. Stick, our Mazda and your Volvo are the same body just with different front and rear fascias among other things. When I was thinking of purchasing the S40 a few years back, I noticed how similar both cars were. To this day, I'm still a bit sad that I didn't do the swap and buy the Volvo but that's part of life. Now that I'm driving a nit more, I'm thankful for the better mpg's of my Civic. It's all a trade off I suppose.

Really had no idea that the Spark was on sale in the states through Chevy...seems very much like a shrunken Sonic. Hopefully I'll get to drive a Sonic but haven't seen too many of them in the lots we cover.

Fin, Sixt is a client of ours and I have noticed that they do have C Classes in their fleet so I should Be able to snag one eventually. The great thing about this job is that we never know which client is going to want us to move what where. We did a Key West run yesterday for Dollar and they needed us to do another one this morning. I did have to bow out today as scheduling became an issue for me as I still do have a life outside of work. My crew chief was cool about it but I also gave him over a weeks notice about today so he was well aware. Hopefully I'll get a call later today or in the morning about another run somewhere. I've learned to keep my cell near me at all times and tend to get up around 7:30 just in case I'm needed. I like to bring a snack and some drinks as I can't eat fast food every day.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,946
    We have 4 vehicles in the family fleet and two of them are on the passenger side of the car and two are on the drivers side.

Never fails; two cars here and the fuel doors are on different sides. :)
  • fintailfintail Posts: 32,907
    Sixt also has the E cabrio and SLK in its Florida fleet - you might get lucky sometime. I rented an E350 from them last year at a bargain rate. They have just opened a branch in Seattle, but no highline cars yet - they will come around in a few months, I think. If there are good deals, I might just take a rental for a little local road trip - I'll spend $40 a day to use a brand new E-class, like I did in FL.

I hope you get some fun runs in the near future, will be interesting to see what you drive, and what's available.
  • I saw an ad in the WSJ for Sixt franchisees....

It starts out with needing $150K free, but looks like you could possibly need $750K to get it going.. :surprise:

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Yikes. Just a little more than I have on me right now. Maybe they'd take a check :shades:
  • You'd never have to buy another car, though... so, there is that savings.. ;)

We could be partners!

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

I'll provide the labor, you supply the money :shades:

Would be kind of cool though, like ky said, could use a rental as my personal car. Sixt E350 Cabrio, please. I wonder where I should put a franchise, maybe another location in Florida (they have nothing north of Orlando).
    Today I read that the 2013 Avalon is in the National fleet, in Fort Lauderdale anyway.
  • New deal with National hit my e-mail today... I'm now renting a car for one day... for....

$17.57!! all taxes and fees included...

:P

edited February 2013
    And let me guess, that email is just good for you? We're renting a midsize in Seattle in mid April for $38 from EZ.
  • I can't post the e-mail, naturally, but here is the link to the "last minute deals"

National

I didn't need to log into my account to get it to come up..

edited February 2013
    Thanks, have to check that site the last few days before we leave. We have a confirmation number with the other outfit but don't have to pay until we actually show up at the counter. Our rate doesn't look too bad compared to some of those last minute ones. Hawaii has gone nuts.
    Seattle is notoriously expensive for rentals, especially when tourism picks up. Good luck on finding a decent rate. If I was renting from Seatac specifically, I would check Sixt as they will have new cars and good rates, or maybe Fox etc for low prices.
    Hoping to see a 2013 Avalon soon and take it on a long drive. Going to Orlando for Dollar in the a m and just hope I snag something interesting this time. Really looking to try a Verano or Regal as I hear they are superb on the highway! My bud got a C Class on Sunday from Sixt from Lauderdale to Miami and I was so bummed it wasn't moi! My dream car!

edited February 2013
    I think we rented from Fox one time. Maybe that's how I wound up in a fire engine red stripper Mustang years ago. We had an "off-site" rent-a-wreck cheap reservation one trip and the company wasn't open the day we arrived (a Sunday). That was a fun scramble. :shades:

Sixt does looks pretty reasonable, but they don't have any fancy cars at the airport lot. No E-Class, no SLKs, not even a Genesis. What kind of two-bit operation are you running there? :P
  • That link is on the regular National site... I think it's updated each Tuesday..

Will be a very smooth ride, I hope you get something fun too. Every workday is kind of like Christmas morning for you - sometimes you get a pair of socks, sometimes a Red Ryder BB gun :shades:

Sixt sometimes has amazing rates on its nicer cars. When I rented my E last June, they had C for under $30/day - if you like the car so much, you should treat yourself and take one for a few days.

Here's the E I got from Sixt in FLL last year:

edited February 2013
    Yeah, I bookmarked it. Will lock stuff in when we Priceline the airport hotel the week we travel. We can always bum a ride with the relations if we pooch the deal and wind up without a car. Or we'll just take the rail/bus up to Wallingford.