Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Ranger Noise

djpizzarelladjpizzarella Member Posts: 2
I have a 1995 Ford Ranger 2.3L It Runs fine but when its cold out the belt makes noise. It sounds like its coming from the A/C Compressor. Is this something that will go away when it gets warmer outside or will I need to get it fixed? How much do you think it would cost? I took it to a tech. at the dealership I work at but it stopped making to noise when he checked it out Any Suggestion Welcome!

Comments

• vegasrangerguyvegasrangerguy Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1995 Ford Ranger with 2.3L engine with a 5 speed manual trans. and it has a pinging problem mainly when going up hills when accelerating I have used premium gas since I got it about2 years ago I have changed the plugs & wires and oil I have tried fuel additives nothing seems to work. When driving on flat or downhill it seems fine. Any Ideas??
  • buster15buster15 Member Posts: 38
    Did you check the timing? My 99 4 L had the same problem and a slight timing adjustment fixed the pinging. :shades:
  • thebratt73thebratt73 Member Posts: 3
    my 97 ranger has just started making i guess u could call it a whining noise it starts a few mins when i start driving and it doesn't stop until i stop i went to the garage today they said it was my wheel bearings so they repacked them and then i got a howling noise i let my truck sit for a few hours and now that stupid shining noise is back and now sounds like it is comin from somewhere else PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confuse:
  • bigred34bigred34 Member Posts: 1
    hey vegasrangerguy I have the same problem. It sounds somewhat like a fast ticking/clicking noise whenever I am driving up hills usually in 4th gear around 50mph. This all happened after I changed the spark plugs. I am going to change the wires soon and see if that fixes the problem. If not someone told me it could be a problem with the coil as well. He said to look over your engine at night and look for arcing around the boots and wires of the spark plugs. Let me know if you have already found a cure! Thanks