Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Lexus RX 350

Comments

• wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    No, the Venza will NOT be the basis for the new RX series. But it might very well become the basis for an entirely NEW Lexus HSD model. Note that it is available with a 2.7L I4 as the base engine.

Toyota now has two HSD vehicles optimized for FE rather than being performance oriented, the Prius and the Camry.

Lexus needs, DESPARATELY needs, an FE optimized product. The Venza with the 2,7L I4 might very well become the basis for the RX225h.
  • docrwdocrw Posts: 94
    Why does Lexus "desperately need and FE optimized product"? Most Lexus buyers are happy if their car gets better mileage than a Mercedes without a tremendous drop-off in performance. Do you notice that Lexus does not offer a car with a 4-cylinder engine other than the IS, they don't sell the ES with one because they know that people do not equate luxury with I4's.

Lexus knows that their clientele care more about prestige than practicality, they leave that to Toyota. As a matter of fact, no luxury car maker will sacrifice performance to "optimize" FE. They will sacrifice some performance/power to increase FE but that is as far as they will go. Look at Lexus' hybrid offerings, the GS450 gets 22/25, the 350 gets 19/27, the LS600h gets 20/22 and the 460L gets 16/24. These cars are made to make the buyer feel a little better/less guilty about themselves not to make a real difference to the environment or to save money on gas.

Face it, in the luxury game horsepower sells, not MPG. Thats why diesels are becoming more popular, the new technology doesn't sacrifice too much power, if any, and increases FE by 20-25%, which is enough for the luxury buyer.
    You forget that many affluent folks got that way by pinching pennies, being careful of purchasing things that inordinately raised the level at which those pennies evaporated from sight.

And you should see the number of company owned Prius HSDs scooting around the Redmond/Bellevue Microsoft Campus almost any workday.

In any case IMMHO the RX400h "over-performs" beyond what those of us purchasing really desire or need. 0-60 times in the range of the regular RX350, or even my AWD RX300, would have been perfectly fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the affluent crowd also comes a (slightly??) higher level of knowledge, book-learning. Doesn't that put an inordinant number of them in the "save the earth" purchasing venue..??
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    Will the lexus concept LF -XH will be the new lexus RX ?

Any possibilities? its looks too much of a concept and few more years away.
  • prazpraz Posts: 163
    Same engine as IS350 w/6 speed auto
    Opt 3rd row seats
    Push Button start
    Same wheel base as Highlander
    Top of the line might get opt Lexus Link
    Ventilated seats
    Better arm rests
    Dual panel moonroof as option
    XM w/Nav Traffic as option
    Std info display w/back up camera

Any guess?
  • Yes there is going to be a total redesign for 2010. No it does not look exactly like any of the links given a few are close. No the new Rx will not look like the Venza witch should be going into production next year at Indiana I believe. I have seen and painted trial bodies for the new 2010 Rx and have had very quick glances at the completed truck (shipped from Japan) at the Lexus plant where the Rx is made in Cambridge Ont. Canada
    Rumors are that the new RX will not have a touch nav but i-drive just like BMW and definetly no 3rd row seat, lowered bumpers, aggressive look and more interior room.
  • docrwdocrw Posts: 94
    Not true, the MDX and RDX were tested there as well as the Porsche Cayenne. It is unheard of for a Lexus SUV but not for SUV's in general.
    Thanks but I never mentioned that it is the first SUV to be tested, I had never heard of.....
  • tom17tom17 Posts: 134
    The owner of my local Lexus dealership told me today that the new RX will have an i-drive type of Nav system. He was not very happy when I compared it to BMW. I personally prefer the touch screen in my GS.
    But then there is now abolutely no reason for buying a "captive" GPS/Nav system with the STELLAR performance of the modern portables and internet FREE updates.
  • The newly restyled RX is only months away! Exterior changes are being made to androgenize the SUV up but the interior will be a new vehicle to all! Touchscreen nav DOES go away YES, but all should be confident that Lexus has mastered the controls ergonomically and functionally!

Denso has always been on the cutting edge and they are not slouching in high tech mastery of a new intuitive system. All of the early spy photos you have seen are NOT even close to capturing the 2010 RX!
    "Denso has always been on the cutting edge..."

Some of us in the high the industry equate the "cutting edge" with the BLEEDING EDGE.

And Denso seems to be a perfect example IMMHO.
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    my sentiments exactly!!!
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Wwest!!
  • foofoofoofoo Posts: 5
    The next RX really has a *new* grill http://www.pantip.com/cafe/ratchada/topic/V7079518/V7079518.html

look back and forth between the first and the second pics.
  • foofoofoofoo Posts: 5
    Here you are

• bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    If that last picture would be like the next RX, I would place an order tomorrow!