Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Lexus RX 350

Comments

• wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    HID nor VDIM not standard in the new RX350...

$5,280 option package to get those BASIC features.

I'll be buying a Venza.
  • :shades: I just drove a Front drive. Very nice indeed. Pricey over the Venza by $10,000 for almost the same stuff. Yes nice Lexus bells and ding dongs. Not real excited about the last four silly high markup options. Smooth quiet and much much better than any photo. Stupid Bridgestone tires. Never last.
    Likely smart to wait until they feel satisfied selling at MSRP to must have now group.
    Turn off engine and seat moves back and steering wheel up. Cute. XM standard.
    Very powerful and does not feel like it gained so much weight.

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 36800.00
    Backup Monitor (Rearview Mirror) ........... 350.00

19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels .................. 660.00
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats .......... 640.00
    Premium Package Includes: Leather Trim Interi 2400.00
    One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Auto-Dimming
    Electrochromic Power Heated Outside Mirrors,
    Power Rear Door, MP3 Mini-Plug w/USB Audio Pl
    Wood & Leather-trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift 330.00
    Cargo Mat .................................. 92.00
    Cargo Net .................................. 59.00
    Glass Breakage Sensors (GBS) ............... 205.00
    Remote Engine Start ........................ 375.00
    Wheel Locks ................................ 81.00
    Cross Bars ................................. 259.00

---------

Total Accessories ...........................: $ 5451.00

Destination Charge ..........................: $ 825.00

---------

Total .......................................:$ 43076.00
  • Just left my dealer in Southern NJ. Guy offers $34,500 or $35,600 (Can't remember which now, sorry lonnnnggggg day) leasing for 36 mths, 12K driving miles a yr, $399 for monthy payment, but wants $3,000 or $4,000 down and this was for a 2009 RX 350, no nav, premium plus package, Black w/black interior, which I really like. Now is it just me or is this a little pricey still? Am I being too cheap? I guess I keep thinking since it doesn't have nav shouldn't it be cheaper? They only have 1 Breakwater blue & 1 Pebble Beach in stock with nav. Any suggestions? Have a Honda Pilot whose lease is up in June but only have 3 more payments, should I got ahead and let them take up last 3 payments of $355 & get 2009 model or wait a few months longer and see if 2010 comes down some more? And with a better lease offer? :confuse:
    Tell your dealer that you are aware that the new 2010 RX350 has a muchly improved awd system and see if he wants to modivate you to buy now.
  • You mean see if he want's me to lease the 2010 RX now versus the 2009? Or lease the 2009?
    You want to wait for the 2010 becuase its better. Make him work to sell the 2009.
  • I have been chomping at the bit to get a 2010 RX, so I went to my local dealer in Dallas today. He was excited about the 59% residual value, but then the money factor was so poor at .00366. This put the loaded w/ nav payments with about $1700 down $808 for 36 months. I was in shock with how high these payments were. Has anyone else asked about money factors at their local dealers? Thanks!
  • Looked at the 2010 today. Local dealer had one. Black, msrp $43000 and change.
    Looks better in person I thought. It had a J vin number. Not sure if all of the 2010's
    are going to be made in Japan or just the early ones. My wife was interested in the
    sound system because she hated the one in the 2002 Highlander we just sold. The
    Lexus we looked at had the base system and it was awful. The system in my
    daughter's Camry LE sounded better. Needless to say the wife was not happy.
    Salesman said he thought there were three sound system options but wasn't sure.
    Will have to look into that. Would hate to think you would have to spring for the Mark Levinson to get quality sound. And of course the price is MSRP. Didn't test
    drive today so can't comment on the ride.
  • Yeah, I like the new Lexus, but it gets pricey to just get a lot of the simple things you'd think would be included in a "luxury" suv. ;)
  • My 06 Rav 4 lease just matured and I gave it back (with 20000 miles, should have bought the thing from the beginning) anyway, I am interested in getting the 2010 rx. In the mean time I am driving a hooptie until the freshness wears off the rx. I am planning to maybe get it in the december event where I could get better negotiations and better interest rate. The way I see it now, because they are fresh off the truck, you won't have much bargaining power and may end up paying too much. So my advise is if you can hold on a little longer, the prices will get better. Also, how come there is such a big difference between base MSRP from the site and what dealers are offering?
  • chucko3chucko3 Posts: 793
    Same thing with Mazda Miata 3. Marked up.
    Since the initial 2010 RX350s are built in Japan, there will be
    a shortage if the demand is high.
  • I am considering purchasing my first Lexus RX and would like opinions on what color combination to go with. For the exterior color, I am leaning towards Tungsten Pearl, Smoky Granite, or Obsidian. Has anyone ever wondered why Lexus doesn't offer metallic black? Thanks.
    When I test drive a new car the first thing the salesperson does is turn on the radio to show me how good it is, I, in turn, switch it off and leave it OFF throughout the test drive.

Like portable/handheld GPS/Nav systems, aftermarket automotive sound systems are simply too inexpensive and typically much better than factory systems. That being said the only way to appreciate, truly appreciate, a high fidelity automotive sound system is while parked in a quiet sub-terrainian garage space with the engine and HVAC system off and the windows rolled up tightly.

Think about it, the average "underway" sound level, "white noise" sound level, in the LS4X0 series is ~70DB.
  • Is it just me or does the 2010 RX350 look like it was beaten with an ugly stick? No wonder they only show it in dark colors. I think the redesign team was inspired by the Pontiac Aztec. Looks like its the end of the production cycle on this model. Quick....run to your newest daler before the 2009's are sold out. :P
  • You can now go to www.lexus.com and configure the 2010 RX (using the Build Your Lexus links). This will give you local option package pricing. I just used the tool and the pricing came out about the same as my current 2007 RX350, AWD with Nav. The Lexus configurator is not yet setup for the 2010 RX Hybrid.
  • sanishsanish Posts: 66
    2010 RX350 Configurator came online on 02/12 but the 2010 RX450h will be in late spring. Also, have you guys noticed "Remote Engine Starter" as accessory with Smart Key, interesting......
  • rg911rg911 Posts: 2
    So I went to a lexus dealership in New Jersey today to lease the new 2010 RX 350 with nav system and was quoted a price of $599 per month $4000 down and 12k per year, for 48months. It sounds ridiculously high.. Can someone please tell me the deals they have been hearing or received from the new model.
    thanks
    richard
  • Well, I guess I'm the first one to dive in. The water is great!

I purchased a 2010 in Smoky Gray Mica with the pale gray interior. It has Nav, the luxury and premium packages, and a little more. I LOVE IT!

My lease was up tomorrow on a 2007 RX330. I was originally going to buy the Acura MDX. I had seen photos of the new RX and thought it looked ugly. I also didn't like the remote control device. I decided I should see it in person just to feel more confident about buying the MDX. Glad I did. It looks so much better in person. The photos don't do it justice.

The 2010 drives completely differently than the previous model. It has a much more solid feel, a smooth ride due to the greatly improved suspension, and is easy to use. My phone and address book were linked and syned in about 45 seconds. My iPod was hooked up in 2 minutes. The remote control is simple to use and easy to navigate. I can't think of a single thing I dislike about the vehicle.

In regards to pricing, don't expect any big negotiations. Dealers are only getting a few at a time and still need to clear out the 2009s. I agree with previous posters that the lease is expensive. As a result, we just went ahead and bought it. It's such a wonderful car that I think I'll be happy to drive it for a while!
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,941
    Congrats on the new RX 350!

Can some of you new owners please set up your CarSpace pages and post a few photos in an album there? Thanks!

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    You may find some help in the Lexus RX 350 / RX 400h Lease Questions discussion. Have a look.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Despite the high price with limited wiggle room, I will buy once I get a quote of $1500 off. I now want the AWD version. Drove it again and quite a nice car overall.
    Anyone see a downside to the AWD version? :)
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Anyone see a downside to the AWD version?

Some say you take a bit of a gas mileage hit with AWD due to the extra weight. Does anyone have experience with that?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • I got to see a 2010 RX350 this past Sunday. First, I thought the
    interior was nicer than the pics have been showing. I'm still on
    the fence on the exterior styling. I mean, it still looks a lot like the
    previous gen. model, but some of the angles are a little weird to me. I thought Lexus would add the split tailpipes like they've done
    with all the newer sedans, but they've stuck with the single tailpipe, and it's not even with the chrome tip like the 2004-2009 models. I wish they would have switched to the split tailpipes. I think it would have looked really nice! I'm not quite ready to give
    up my '07 RX just yet!! :shades:
  • Is HUD included in the navigation package? An option? How much is it?
    The only real shortcoming of the new F/awd ssystem is if you buy it and never have need for it. The new system is less complex and lighter in weight than the previous system and is most DEFINITLY FRONT TORQUE BIASED, only providing part time coupling to the rear driveline.

If you have experience with F/awd in a later model Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute or even the new CX-7 the new RX and Venza are EXACTLY the same.
  • avery1avery1 Posts: 372
    So wwest, does this mean you think the AWD system in the new RX and Venza are better than the ones in the previous RX model years?
  • A look at www.lexus.com shows the Heads-Up Display as a separate option for $1200, not included in any package. So we'll have to see how the new RXs start arriving at dealers to see how many will have HUD. I'm guessing that it will only come on models already equipped with a Navigation package, since part of the HUD includes turn instructions as well as vehicle speed. So that would put any model with HUD in the $48K and higher price range.
    A definite improvement...

Still not as good as would be a R/awd or maybe even just a plain RWD but a most definite improvement over the previous version with a non-functional(***) VC, simple open center diff'l with TC as "backup".

*** Non-existent VC for the RX330 and more likely than otherwise also the RX350. Lexus will despute that for the RX350 but their own factory documentation puts the lie to that. And even if the RX350 does have a VC it will likely be just as non-functional as the ones in the '01 and up RX300's.
  • avery1avery1 Posts: 372
    So how does it compare with my '99 RX AWD?
    Insofar as F/awd is concerned the '99 and '00 are fairly decent, but the lack of TC and VSC puts you on the short end. The 2010 will be a definite improvement overall.