Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Lexus RX 350

prazpraz Posts: 163
RX will be re-designed for 2010 and might hit the showrooms sometime Spring-Early Summer 2009, I thought of starting this discussion so that we can keep ourselves updated with latest information.

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Future Vehicles may be better suited to this topic.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Hi Praz,

If Lexus will re-design the 2010 model, will the 2009 RX be identical to the 2008 model?

The 2009 RX comes out in February '08.

Thanks so much.
  • prazpraz Posts: 163
    Yes, 2009 RX will come out in Feb. 2008 with $100 increase in base price. The pictures of 2010 RX that you will find on different websites are just photoshop pictures (imaginary, not real). Also, I don't think there will be any changes (not sure) as they did have some minor changes for 2008 model. Hope this helps you.
  • Hi Praz,

Thanks so much for the reply.

It was confusing because all the pictures on the internet said 2009 RX when it should really say 2010. If you find out about any changes on the 2009 RX vs 2008, please let me know.

Thanks again, and have a happy holiday.
    As per today's update, there will be very minor cosmetic changes for 2009 RX 350 but the 2010 will be complete overhaul and no third row seating. Will update after I know about the changes 100%.
  • Great, thanks again.
  • Lexus is going to unveil the new redesigned 2009 RX 350 at the Chicago Auto Show. Updated technology features and body. Should be ready for delivery in Summer 2008. Some dealers just started learning this and have been tight lipped so they can sell their 08 inventory which many have plenty, therefore all the good deals, at invoice or below that you've been reading on the other thread. Lexus is keeping it quiet so they can move the inventory and create the hype. The Auto show is Feb 6-7 for media preview, I think Lexus will have an announce ahead and on website.
  • Great, thanks. I am looking forward to seeing the new design. Most importantly, I do not want a third row, so I hope it doesn't grow in length. I hope they have the standard 5 seater, and an extra long version with three rows of seats.

Thanks again, I guess I'll have to wait and see the 2009 version before I buy the 2008.
    Wow!! Great news, but I have heard that the 2009 RX broucher has been out and there are no huge changes except for tires, new color and special edition. Confusing....
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    "..hope it doesn't grow..."

Let it grow, let it grow....

Then we maybe get a Lexus hybrid version of the RAV4.
  • cfw1cfw1 Posts: 4
    You are correct. The 2009 RX350 will not change. It will appear in dealerships in February. The 2010 model will be redesigned and come out next Spring.
  • When you say spring, will it be spring of 2008 or 2009?

If the 2010 model comes out in the spring of 2008, the 2009 model will only be out for a few months.

What do you think?
  • I wanted to know how you found out about the 2009 RX.

I have heard that the 2009 brochure is out, but Lexus has not posted anything about the 2009 RX yet.

Thanks for your help.
  • cfw1cfw1 Posts: 4
    There is a Lexus owners website in which one of the members got the brochure from his local dealer and posted photos of the 09 RX350 and commented on the lack of changes. One new color was added though. I spoke to two dealers in my area to try to get one and they said that they would have them in a week or so.

The 2009 RX will be arriving at dealers in February 2008. The 2010 model is suppose to arrive in Spring of 2009.
  • Thanks so much.

I'll wait to see what new color was added. In addition, I want to see if the 18" wheels with the 5 spokes will be available. I'm not sure how much I like the new 18" 7 spoke wheels. I see they carried the 7 spoke wheels over to 2009.

Otherwise, if there are no new changes, I might try and get a good deal on the 2008 RX. I would want to lease based on the invoice price (or lower).

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
  • coach06coach06 Posts: 16
    Can someone with a "BONE-A-FIDE" source tell me when the new redesign of the RX350 will be release? As you can see, there is a lot of conversation about this which has confused probably many of us. Please reply only if your source is reliable and very accurate.... :confuse:
  • psu77psu77 Posts: 11
    This is definately not a Bone-A-Fide source but I thought the reply from the Lexus dealer was very interesting.

I originally was looking at the 400h but I have decided to wait for the redesign of the RX350. An internet sales rep sent me an email yesterday and asked if I was still interested in the 400h. Here are the emails:

To Lexus Dealer:

I have decided to go with a RX350 but I want to wait till the new redesign occurs. Which I assume will be in the 2010 model year.

Reply from Lexus Dealer:

"The 2009 RX is closer than you think..."
  • The dealer doesn't mean the new re-designed model which will be the 2010 RX. They mentioned the 2009 RX because its coming out next month. The dealer ONLY wants to sell you a car now. They don't want you to wait.
  • The redesigned RX will be a 2010 Model. Should be about a year away. The 2009 is on it's way and will be in showrooms shortly. Little change but still an outstanding vehicle.
  • coach06coach06 Posts: 16
    Thanks for the information. I really like the possibility of getting a good deal for a 2008 or 2009 RX but my conscious is telling me to wait for the 2010 redesigned.