Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Acura RL

1235»

Comments

• hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,205
    According to Automotive News, Honda has cancelled plans for a rear wheel drive V8 Acura.
  • RussHCRussHC Posts: 3
    My RL is less than 2 months old and the XM dies after 2-20 minutes. Generally, it just stops. Changing the mode and channels doesn't help, but turning the ignition off and on cures the problem...for 2-20 minutes and then it dies again. AM and FM work fine. The display will say the name of the song that was playing, or XM, or Loading, or Updating, but nothing more happens.

It is back with the dealer and they have witnessed the problem multiple times, updated the software, installed a new system, re-updated the software and now are scratching their heads.

The only other problem was one episode of all of the idiot lights going off (CMBX, S
    H-AWD, Antilock, Active head lights...).

Any ideas from anyone??

Thanks,
    Russ
  • jensadjensad Posts: 388
    You are not the Long Ranger. Same thing happened with xm and also the channel selection on the radio was always changing or just not working.

After six time to the dealer, and my irritation, they ordered a NEW radio and now it works just the way it was supposed to and no more lost channels et al.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
  • I got my RL last Friday. What a car! It's looks great and drives even better than it looks.
  • I am trying to import the Phone book from a Razor and the Acura Bluetooth system is lying, telling me the phone doesn't have this capability. Well, I know better. This procedure work very well between this phone and my wife's TomTom.
    Does anybody have suggestions on how to get this working? :cry:
    Thanks for the condolences! My 09 RL is back in for the fifth time. The dealer has had it about as long as I have. They replaced the radio to no avail. Now they have replaced the cable to the antenna and the shark's fin antenna. Again, to no avail. Well, not to no avail: The XM came back on after changing modes.

It seems to have them and the XM people stumped. And now that I think about it, it has me stumped as to what to do as well.

It is good to know that they fixed yours and to know that I am not alone (misery loves company),

Best,
    RussH
    Well, after the fifth visit and 25 days in the shop the XM is working beautifully. It was apparently two bad controllers.

Bottom line, I love this car! The AWD is awesome. The cornering is flat without the loss of a quiet and smooth ride. I wasn't that impressed when I bought it. (I bought it for the 5 star rating, collision mitigation, etc.) But now, I won't buy anything else.

Get one!

RussH
  • vavavavolvovavavavolvo Posts: 111
    Wow...so they replaced the first bad controller with another bad controller? No wonder it took so long to figure out. One must wonder whether they screwed up and put a bad one back in circulation through an inept checkout procedure. Or maybe there was a batch of bad ones and you got two!

Glad you got straightened out and :) are enjoying the car.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Posts: 504
    Based on customer service from Hyundai Corp. for my present Hyundai, I will probably rule out the Genesis. Acura TL and RL have been in my top 5. Would prefer an RL, but for me it needs to be larger and up to date technologically. Also, AWD and V-8 have no attraction for me. Perhaps Acura needs to offer a car substantially larger than the TL, better equipped and with FWD or RWD and a V-6.
1235»
This discussion has been closed.