Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Audio/Stereo Problems

I have a 2002 Ram 1500 and my battery has been weakened and/or is dead in the mornings or over period of time of not driving it. I have the factory Infinity Sound System and since I've removed the fuse for the "radio amp" it has not weakened or gone dead, narrowing the problem down to the radio and/or the infinity sound system. Any suggestion of what might be causing this problem? Thanks!

Comments

• vidarlvidarl Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2004 Ram 3500 5,9 Infinity Sound System. My dealer told my the problem is instrument cluster. The radio take 1 amp. and the instrument cluster take 1 amp. I have not done anything with it.
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,666
    Ram 1500 4 Door Hemi with Infinity Sound...we are getting severe distortion from the speaker in the driver's door...

Does anyone know the actual size and shape of the speaker, and does the entire door panel have to be removed to replace it???

Yes, the molded grille is round, but, knowing American car makers, the speaker behind it does not have to be round...

I would like to order replacement speakers (both doors) in advance, so I can change them at my leisure...
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Bob, I have the same system you do in my 05 Ram. From the FSM, the front door speakers are traditional 6x9s, the rear doors are 5.25" rounds. The front door speakers are intended to be a dual midrange/bass, the rear doors are full-range. You also have three tweeters in the dashboard, mounted alternately to the defroster vents.

kcram - Pickups Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Wow, I thought this topic was dead, and posting was a waste of time...lo and behold, I forgot that the Hosts patrol these topics like a German Shepherd patrols the house...thanks for the quick response...
    ;)

kcram - Pickups Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I have a 2003 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the standard OEM single CD radio system. The problem I have is that on a warm day the radio gives me an Err message when first powered up. It also makes a noise that sounds like it is attempting to eject a CD when there is no CD in the system, this sound happens sometimes while the radio is on and almost every time the radio is turned off this continues to happen for a up to a minute. It then stops, other than that the radio and CD player do work fine. Does anyone know if this can be fixed for a reasonable price, or should I invest in a new after market radio/CD player?
  • karl42karl42 Posts: 3
    My 04 Ram infinity audio stock radio: sound cuts in and out randomly, radio stays on and display is not affected. I tried replacing radio with aftermarket, same problem, any ideas??

thanks, Karl
    a bad ground from the radio to the vehicle???
    I checked it, no luck
  • I have just purchased a 2008 Ram quad cab pick-up with the factory satalite radio. Is there an alternative to this plane, boring set-up that really is the only thing I am dissapointed in regarding astetics of the truck. The Infinity speakers are pretty decent and the satalite radio kicks [non-permissible content removed]. Can anyone suggest a better deck that I can install and still look professional along with satalite radio?
    Turns out it was a bad amp.
  • wamackswamacks Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. The problem that I'm having is the radio/clock turning off by itself. When this happens the door locks do not work. This only happens in the warmer months when I'm not using the heater. I don't understand why the warm air from the heater keeps the radio on. The dealer has had it in twice to repair, but was not successful. One time they had my entire dash taken apart. Please help.
  • I had an issue with my truck continually stalling out at stop lights. The problem turned out to be a bad EGR valve. However while all of this was going on my Radio stopped working. All i get is the radio turning on and a clicking sound coming from the speakers. What is causing this?
  • ronbarnesronbarnes Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Dodge 3500 and yesterday the two front door speakers stop working.....any ideas. Is there a fuse that controls these speakers?
  • heaton44heaton44 Posts: 2
    i have a 2003 doge ram 1500 with the 4.7 and i had a in dash dvd player installed and when i got it back i no longer have to push the brake to shift from park the headlights and dome light wont turn on unless the truck is turned on. i looked at the wiring and the red and yellow wires are hooked together and when i took them apart the cd player wouldnt even turn on and i know they arent suppose to be ran together any answers????
    radio-CD player won't work in my 2004 Ram 1500...I have a 7 year, 85K warranty on the vehicle...are warranties being honored by the remaining dealers, and, if yes, can they pull out the six CDs that are stuck in the player???
    If it's the factory service contract, yes, those are still honored by remaining Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealers.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host

It is the factory warranty...thanks
  • I have a 6 disc nav satellite system and am wondering why I have to set the fade to the rear speakers at least to #3 or 4 before I can hear them. Is it just that the rear speakers are crapy (they are factory) or could it be in the radio itself?