Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Rodeo Lights Problems

Comments

• solla968solla968 Posts: 1
    I have the same problem and i took it to a dealer. They told me it would cost $2000 for them to do it. Do i need special equipment to change it or something?
  • racerxpracerxp Posts: 3
    There was a recall for the anti-lock braking system early on. Maybe you can get this addressed under the recall notice.
  • billybob54billybob54 Posts: 1
    Check the marker lights in the front, I had the same problem and it was one of them that was shorted out.
  • My left (drivers side) turn signal flashes normal and works OK however when I turn on my right (passenger side) turn signal I can hear it flash about 3-4 times as fast but no lights front or rear flash at all and neither does the indicator light in my dashboard. I have replaced all of the bulbs both front and rear and also the flasher however the problem persists. Can anyone give me an idea on what to check next? I've replaced all fuses also just to be sure.
    I cannot afford to get pulled over and I live in Florida so I need get this fixed ASAP.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Thx in advance.
  • I am having the EXACT same problem with my 94 that I just bought. Please help! Thanks :)
  • Hopefully we will both get the help we need to steer us in the right direction to correct this problem.
    Thanks for your reply!!
  • I have a 1992 Rodeo LS V6 3.1 lt. engine and despite new bulbs & flasher I can't get my right (passenger side) turn signal to work. My left (driver side) turn signal works perfectly but with the right side the flasher seems to flash/click nearly 3-4 times faster than normal and fails to flash the bulbs both front and rear. Brake lights, parking, and headlights all work normally but still no right turn signal.
    Please can anyone out there help me with this problem?
    Thanks for your replies and help in advance.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    That happens when either your bulb is burnt out or the flasher has a faulty component (capacitor). You can try replacing one or the other or both.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Thanks for your reply.

I suppose I could have gotten a bad flasher from the parts store. Yesterday evening I swapped all of the bulbs from the not working passenger side with those from the working drivers side. All of the drivers side (front & rear) still worked so that eliminates the bulbs as the problem therefore it seems it would have to be the flasher or in the wiring itself.
    I'll get another flasher from a different parts store and try that and keep this forum apprised.
    Again thanks! Please if you or anyone else out there has anymore ideas concerning this problem your replies are most welcome.
  • I got a new flasher today. I'll put it in this evening when it cools off. The online manual states it's located on the drivers side above the kick panel. Since I did not install the other new one I'm not sure if this is the correct location. If anyone knows where exactly it it this would be a big help and greatly appreciated.

Thx.
  • I've replaced the flasher and again replaced all of the bulbs on the passenger (right side) of my 1992 Isuzu Rodeo LS (3.1 ltr. V6) and still no change. My passenger side turn signal still seems to flash 3-4 x faster than normal and doesn't work at all while my drivers side flashes normal and works fine.
    In addition, I have cleaned all sockets, plugs, & contact points thoroughly on the passenger side just to be sure and it still refuses to work. Are there any known trouble spots for shorts in the wiring for this model/year I should look for?
    Also, I notice the indicator light (bulb) in the dashboard for the passenger side seems not to be working which is a bulb (checked manual). If this dashboard indicator bulb is burned out could it be causing my problem?
    This thing really has me stumped guys & I need my truck to get back & forth to my Doctor, Pharmacist, etc. Please any insight on this will be graciously appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
  • aboababoab Posts: 1
    I'm having a similar problem, Except all my signals have now quit. The hazards still work, but the turn signals are dead. I swapped the bulbs out and no change
    So anyone willing to toss a confused guy a bone?
  • ok... due to bad design... its your turn signal switch on the colum... if you pull the steering wheel off, and push down on the contacts the signals should work... there is a stupid plastic pin inside the handle that rocks the contacts into place depending on what direction you choose...How do I know this? I have a 92 rodeo with a 3.1 with the same problem... I try to rig it to make it work and it only works for a week or so... then it dies... POS... just bad design.. I think its like 100 from NAPA...
  • Thanks a million!! I'm still struggling with this problem so I will check this out ASAP. Right now I really need something to go right/get one of my many problems solved so again, Thanks. I'll post once I've had a chance to check this out-hopefully later today weather and my health permitting.
  • Hi-

I have a 1994 Rodeo and had the same problem with the turn signal not working and making a buzzing noise. Based on some research, I found out it was a turn signal switch but I wasn't willing to spend $200 (I've already spent far too much on this car already). Instead I figured I would get some electrical contact/cleaner spray and shoot it on the switch. I knew the switch was located somewhere in the steering wheel column but I didn't want to remove the steering wheel so I squirted in the opening by the turn signal. It took a few times but it worked. The spray should be at most electrical parts stores. I picked mine up at Radio Shack for $10.

Hope that helps.
  • lbren2lbren2 Posts: 1
    So there have been several issues with my 2000 4WD Isuzu Rodeo over the past couple days. I noticed it on Friday when I was driving home from work. The battery and break light were both on when I started to drive out of the parking garage. Before I was halfway home they both went out. The same thing happened on Sunday...but the lights went out before I was on the highway. Today I noticed the same light problem but they dimmed and started to flicker rather then go out completely. Also, there seemed to be something up with the transmission. It worked fine in reverse, but as soon as i put it in drive it was hesitant. When I was started to go from a stop at a light, it started to go okay and then it felt like someone put the brakes on briefly, and then it released. I got home and parked it in the driveway. My roommate had to move it to go to the gym, and he mentioned the same thing about drive not feeling right. I went outside about 30 min ago to move it back into the driveway because we are suppose to get another big snow storm tonight....and as i was pulling up the street to turn around all the emergency indicator lights came on, the speedometer and tachometer didn't move and the odometer went blank. I put on the flashers and all the lights on the dashboard started to blink with the flashers. It sounded like it was running real rough as I pulled into the driveway. I turned it off, but then realized I should look under the hood with it running and tried to start it...it wouldn't turn over.

The first thing I tried was to check the battery. With the car off, it has 11.8 V across the negative and positive terminals. I then checked all the fuses and they all seemed okay. I can't tell about the relays. I am thinking may be some sort of electrical problem causing all the light and the transmission issues. Now that it wont start I don't know what to do. Any/all suggestions would be appreciated
  • Hi guys, first time poster. I have a 93 rodeo. It was obviously 4wheel drive at one point in its life. It lacks a front differential, but it still has the 4wd shift nob inside and when i shift into 4hi or 4 low It feels like its trying to engage. How can I tell if its just gonna take a new front end or if I would have to completely replace the entire transmission to make it 4 wheel drive once again. Sorry if this is an obvious question I am not a car guy but I'm trying to become one.
  • I have checked all 4 ambers and they all work when I turn my lights on. However, my turn signals nor the hazards work. Has anyone else experienced this? I've checked fuses and relays and they are fine. I actually even replaced them. :sick:
  • tfleetmotfleetmo Posts: 1
    did you ever resolve this issue? I have a 96 Rodeo which has been sitting in my driveway for over a year, but still runs. However, the rear, backup lights turn on when I shift into 1st or 2nd gear and does not turn on when shift into reverse. Odd! I think it may be the battery, but my batter is only 2 years old.

Curious if you found the answer. Thanks

Tracy