Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 CTS

Comments

• My 2009 CTS does not have a sunroof. Currently only the 2009 CTS-V has the electronic parking brake.
  • Can you get a back up camera on the 09?
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    not OEM option...there are plenty of aftermarket applications...
  • I am actually waiting to see the sport wagon. I think it is beautiful! But, the visability doesn't look so good. I would hope it would have a back up camera.

If not, how do you add one on with the motorized nav screen?
    not sure if the wagon will have one or not...doubt you can add an aftermarket one to the OEM Nav...the ones I have seen are integrated into aftermarket head units
  • 6100 on the odometer and trouble free so far. Just drove from Indy to ABQ to Santa Fe and back. 26.3 mpg for the trip. A little disappointed with the gas mileage, but otherwise a very comfortable and trouble free trip.
    if the dealer is actively solving the problems......what more can you expect?....what differential problems?....rattling in the dash can be problematic.....hopefully they can find out what it is.......not sure what help you are looking for......let the dealer do the work under warranty......assume they arent charging you for the rental....so they are doing what they can at this point
  • I think I just wanted to express my frustration. I truely have lost my excitement for this $40,000+ CTS after having to deal these back-to-back problems within one month of purchase.
    I understand your sentiment......just completed an 1600 mile road trip in our 09 and very pleased with it overall......it will go back to the dealer......the shop had to correct some paint blemishes...but the hand labelled where to blend to clear coat...and didnt quite get the BL out of blend out of the paint....needs to buff it out....and the brakes squeel ever so slightly coming to a complete stop......will have them check that out as well...otherwise..very pleased with it....average 28 MPG on the highway..got as high as 31.....and in town around 23-24......so not too bad......

understand the back to back problems.......still have an 06 pontiac solstice that has been in the shop 4 times for the differential....service department has been great and we finally got a new diff installed with GM permission that solved all the issues......
  • doczuckdoczuck Posts: 11
    is there any way to get the poi icons to be displayed on the map
    my 2006 sts did but i can't figure it out on the cts
  • Hi folks,

I am close to pulling the trigger on a 2009 CTS but as I look at the different models at my dealers, I see 1SA and 1SB listed and I can't seem to find anything anywhere that explains to me what the differences are between these.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • I saw this also , the pdq is the package that has every option
    the only thing you can add is awd
    if yo don't want nav get luxury and performance packagage
  • 1SA has standard engine and manual transmission.
    1SB has DI engine and automatic transmission.
  • I bought cts 2009 with nav there is no disc is there supposed to be one
    how do you change the zones ofr different parts of the country

thanks
    no disk....but you should have gotten a seperate owners manual for the NAV system....
  • Thanks I did get the black book

So I don't have to do anything when I travel to different parts of the country to see the p.o.i. icons on my 2006 sts i had to change the map setttings
  • Does anyone have any concerns buying a CTS given GM's financial situation right now?
    NO..bought mine back in Sept during employee pricing.......even if they file bankruptcy...they will still make cars..and the reputable medium to large dealers will survive....on used car sales and service/parts....the smaller ones with low volume sales and service will be the ones to disappear..dont believe you will see 7000 plud dealerships by the end of 09

we have had major airlines file bankruptcy and continue to operate....just name the big three and they all have had to reorganize.....I see GM cutting some models.....cutting dealerships by 1/3 at least.....but they will survive in some form...

so after you buy the car....its between you and the bank and the warranty servicing from your dealer........
  • So I have been on the fence ready to buy a 2009 CTS but just waiting to see if the other shoe drops for GM and maybe they do another price cut on their cars, but I really can't see them doing that since they already lose money on the cars they sell with the rebates and such. But the RedTag sale goes till Jan so I'll probably sit back and see what happens over the holidays...
    I dont see them cutting prices any further..they cant give them away......I got over $7K during employee pricing....fully loaded CTS less AWD and the DI engine....topped out at $49K....got it for $42K and change...plus TTL.....I was happy with the deal.....and had several financing options to choose from...put $5k down on the car...and financed the rest......happy with the deal...the dealership and the car......two months later...and almost 5k on the car now....
  • I am glad that most of you are happy with your CTS. My $43000 CTS has been my biggest nightmare. I bought it less than 2 months ago, and it has been back to the dealer 4 times and has spent 50% of time in the service department for 4 different problems since my ownership. I hope I'll get my car back next week ( it has been there for 1 week already tis time. No wonder GM is going bankrupt. Will I ever buy another GM? Probably never again.
  • I have been buying new GM cars for almost fifty years, both front-wheel and rear-wheel drive. I don't ever remember hearing any gear-train noise.
    This a first-time Cadillac. To me, the gear train seems noisy, especially for a so-called luxury car. My 2006 Impala SS made no noise
    at all. (front-wheel drive)
    The noise is noticeable when accelerating and also backing . Not bad with windows up and radio on. Sounds like gear noise. Dealer says all is OK.
    Does anyone have a comment on this?
    I dont have an AWD version...but my auto and the drive train is whisper quiet....you cant even feel the shift.....dont know that it helps you with AWD however...

what do you describe as noisy...is it a whine...or a clunk/clank.....or simple gear messing sounds....
    so what problems have you had with the car??
  • Thanks for the info. I think it may have to do with the all-wheel drive.
  • I'm on the verge of buying a 2009 CTS...just looking for the right combination. Is the upgrade to the 304hp DI engine worth it? I see the gas mileage is ever so slightly better but it sounds like the performance is the big improvement

Thanks!
  • I bought mine today. DI engine, all wheel. It is amazing. I did not drive the others as I wanted black with moon roof and it was the only one like that. I am really pleased with this car its looks are amazing and the car drives like a dream. Biggest car purchase to date for me and I am not regretting thus far. I could not get them to go below red tag plus additional $2,000 rebate. So I saved just over $6,000 with the deals. I am happy with my deal and my car. The dealership was great too. Nice people.
    personal choice...about a $1000 difference in the two engines...I have the non-DI engine....and love the car.....for normal day to day driving....I dont think you will tell the difference.....
  • See #29 and #38 above.
  • The first problem was my rear differential that needed to be replaced. The 2nd was a very loose glovebox that was making a lot of noise. The 3rd was the passenger door that was not closely properly that needed adjustment. 4th was the body work needed was result of the 4th problem. Now my CTS needs to go back again for a recall. 5 problems in less than 2 months. So I have put on the same amount of mileages in the loaners as in my own CTS. I have complalined to Cadillac a week ago and they have not come back with any solution yet. When you call, you can only leave a message and wait for them to call you back the next day. If you miss their call, you will have to wait at least for the whole 24 hours to hear from them again.