Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 CTS

Comments

• paopao Posts: 1,867
    agree the comparison is not the same...but you also must consider that the warranty issue effects 06 MY GM cars and forward with the 3/36K basic warranty and 04-05MY GM cars that come with the 4/50K basic warranty, then you add that starting in 07 all GM cars come with 5/100K drive train warranty this issue probably effects several hundred thousand if not several million vehicles already,,certainly an issue that cant be overlooked by any reorganization, loan, bailout or bankruptcy......
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,330
    The first problem was my rear differential that needed to be replaced. The 2nd was a very loose glovebox that was making a lot of noise. The 3rd was the passenger door that was not closely properly that needed adjustment. 4th was the body work needed was result of the 4th problem. Now my CTS needs to go back again for a recall. 5 problems in less than 2 months.

I use the above text from kevincito to illustrate my concern about warrantee issues. In the case of flying on a bankrupt airline, if it keeps flying for a few days, you are back home and out of danger. In the case of a car, you are at risk for years. My guess is that any bankruptcy proceeding would preserve coverage of safety or emission related issues. Loose gloveboxes and misaligned passenger doors, not so much.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• bobl8bobl8 Posts: 6
    If GM goes bankrupt and doesn't honor their warranty commitments, we all have much bigger problems than where to get the transmission fixed. It would precipitate a mammoth depression that would make 1929 look like a Camp Fire Girls picnic. It ain't gonna happen. The volatility of the American populace would produce a chaotic situation that might actually lead to the dissolution of our Nation as we have known it. I bought a 2009 black cts with sunroof, AWD, about 1 month ago. It was the easiest car buying experience I ever had. We only have about 1400 miles on it, but so far, it is one of the best cars I have ever owned--only my 1985 Toyota Supra is it's match, and that was one hell of a car! I am getting an honest 25-26 mph on hi-way and about 16-17 aroung town. We had snow before Christmas and Chanukah and the car went through it without a bit of drama. Now for the best part--We bought it for $30,000!!!!!!!! It listed for $40,205.00. Now I see that the same car if going for $31,995.00. That means that they are selling pretty well. Jump on the car NOW--If we go down the tubes, at least you'll be traveling in style!! And no, I do not own GM stock, I am not a dealer, and have absolutely no connection with the auto industry in any way. We do have excellent credit and financing was absolutely no problem. Car is a 9 to 10 in every category--even my wife LOVES it. Have a great New Year. G-d bless America!!
  • Well, bit the bullet yesterday and got about $6K off a CTS. Black w/ titanium interior, sunroof, nav system. Didn't get fully loaded but found one with the things I wanted for under $40K. So I was happy. Pushed for the low interest financing as well but could not make them budge. It was rebate or low interest, which for me, the two came out to the same costs in the end. Funny how that works out. So, for me, this is the most $$ I've ever spent on a car, and I'm still a little numb until I look at the CTS. What a sharp car. Happy New Year folks!
  • I had a 2004 CTS and currently lease a 2007 CTS. The biggest difference going frrom 04 to 07 was the Performance Pkg, with 18" wheels and Potenza performance tires. It can really corner.
    The 2009 Perf Coll includes a Sport Suspension with 18" tires, but they are still the Michelon MWM4. Are these sporty enough for this FE2 suspension?
    The 18" Perf Pkg has summer tires and is FE3. Shouldn't they offer perf all season with this pkg?
    Does the 5.1 stereo sound better than the base 8 speaker Bose?
    The 5.1 appears to eliminate the 6 disk CD changer.

Every little design quirk I have with the 07 CTS is improved in the 08+ model. I do feel that the read visibility in the 09 could be better, trunk a little bigger and the mid level suspension should have upgraded tires, not just 1" bigger. What do you think?

You don't really need a trip to test your best case gas mileage. Just go to a highway, turn on the cruise for 60, 70 or so and watch the Instant MPG on a flat straight section of highway. That is about the best you can get.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    if the dealer is actively solving the problems......what more can you expect?....
    I would expect not to have these problems in a second year of a new design.
    I became interested in the redesigned CTS, great looks and great reviews. I am intrigued, however, with the idea of getting a manual tranny. I much prefer them and Cadillac offers one (I'm not thinking about the CTS-V). What little I've been able to find on the manual indicates that it is not a great box, but isn't a disaster either. Does anyone have experience that they would like to share?

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

not many manuals out there for the CTS.....I would say 99% of us went with the auto which comes with a sport mode shifter.......the manual trans would be a special order most likely......the problem is....you will exclude many of the option packages by sticking with a manual...as they are only offered in combination with a auto trans.....that simply leaves you with a basic bone stock CTS...
  • Picked up my 2009 cts awd di 1-12-09 had vibration between 45-55 mph, took it to cadillac 1-19-09 service checked wheel balance etc,they called cadillac and were told normal charecteristic of vehicle. "Vehicle operating to gm standard at this time" Only have 200 miles on it
  • I'm in the market to purchase a 2009 CTS 3.6 (2) wheel drive with the PDP Pkg. Could you please provide me with the name and telephone number of the dealer that you purchased yours from.

Thanks.
  • merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    I LIKE the idea of a bare-bones CTS.....For my taste,the standard car comes with plenty. I've read so much bad press about the shift action,though,that I've forgotton about a manual shift.....

I do know they would be very,very rare.....But I still think it might be fun.
    Yeah, I've heard that the shift action on the manual CTS isn't great, but my daily driver is a C5 Corvette which isn't known for its great shift action either. If the CTS even came up to the Corvette standards I would be satisfied, but I don't know if it does.

• ctsguy2ctsguy2 Posts: 19
    I've got an 09 CTS DI w/AWD and 2300 miles on it. It's currently at the dealer for the third time and I'm starting to regret the purchase. Problems include false warnings about low tire pressure, airbag and onstar module recalls, a drivers door that periodically won't unlock, grinding noises from the driver's window and a major flutter in the engine idle that actually rocks the car. So far I get the standard dealer reply "the technician wasn't able to duplicate the problem". Anyone one else familiar with or experiencing similar issues?
    sorry to hear about the problems....didnt think the onstar module recall effected late production 09 MY CTSs only the early ones.....09 non-DI RWD fully loaded heer with 9400 miles, purchased late Sept, otherwise....no problems at all other than a squealing rear brake...which was fixed per the TSB by the dealership.....sounds like the ECM might need to be reflashed....that might take care of the idle issue and the door lock....
    Thanks for the empathy PAO. Glad that your CTS has been doing well. I'm hoping that these issues will be worked out, and that gas mileage will inch up a bit, as I really do like the car overall.
  • cosmo13cosmo13 Posts: 31
    I have 2008 CTS AWD DI. In the very cold weather my air pressure on dash reads 27PSI check air pressure front right tire. I took car to local tire store for a check and they found 35 PSI. I called dealer and he said to bring car in for computer adjustment.
    I do get a low noise from the engine when car is cold. Once motor warms up after 1 -2 miles the noise goes away.
    I have had the exact same issue with the tire pressure system twice now. Upon start up my car sounds like a truck, but then quiets down upon warming up. Have heard that that is caused by the high pressure of the direct injection system. A friend of mine says that it reminds him of a cheap worn out Toyota rather then a brand new Caddy. Nothing like friends to cheer you up. :-)
  • I have a 2007 CTS with tire pressure monitoring. I am guessing they may use the same type system in 2008/2009. Each wheel has a frequency, to send the pressure reading to the dash. If you rotate the tires, the dash will say RF when that wheel is now on RR, UNLESS you follow the Procedure to resync the tires.

The service guy should do that with the rotation, but they may not. You can do the procedure, which is in the owners manual. I recommend that if the pressure monitoring shows a tire low, to verify all tires with a manual guage.
  • I have an '09 CTS with the double panel sunroof, and I'm getting a lot of wind noise that seems to be coming from the sunroof as soon as I'm driving 50-60 mph. It really gets bad over 70 mph. This issue has existed the entire time since I purchased the car approx 7 months ago. Live and learn, I didn't drive over 50 mph on my test drive. The car has been into the Dealer for service multiple times. They've had multiple theories on what's causing the problem, but can't get it fixed. They have completed the fix recommended from the factory bulletin on this issue, but the wind noise still exists. The Dealer is now telling me there's nothing else they can do, that this is normal wind noise for a CTS with this sunroof, and that the next thing for me to do is file a claim with Cadillac Customer Service, which I did last Fri.

Please share any info you have on this issue with CTS's that have the double panel sunroof, especially if you had the problem and were able to get it resolved. Thanks.
    I assume you are talking about wind noise with the double panel sunroof closed and not open.....I have an 09 as well with the sunroof....and mine is quiet...no noise at all....now with it open...if you notice when you hit the open button it does stop about three inches from fully opening..this is normal....and yes....you will still get some wind buffeting......when the roof is open........I have never had a sunroof that didnt cause some kind of noise unless you add an aftermarket wind deflector to it..which I refuse to do .........you might want to check some of the cadillac forums.....there are threads on the issue there...