Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MISC Sprinter Problems (oh the list)

2»

Comments

• The 8th of Feburary will be week seven (7) without that wonderfuly engineered german work of art. Have not heard from the dealer for 4 weeks. Maybe the artist needs to get involved?? Meanwhile I am still making payments and paying for insurance. Spend $42,000 and this is how you are treated. I don't totally blame the dealer SUSQUEHANNA DODGE in Wrightsville, PA but gee guys, don't you have any pull with Daimler? Oh that's right, Chrysler/Dodge got the shaft with the split.
    WWII ended 55 years ago I thought, yet we are still being screwed by the nations we beat. Anyone want to discuss TOYOTA?? Does anyone else see the handwriting on the wall??
    BUY AMERICAN
  • No offense, but, what exactly are you waiting for? It's obvious that they do not want to fix it. Take it somewhere else and spread the word - as you are doing - that they don't care about customer service.

Complain to the high-manager/owner of the dealership. Complain and complain, in person, and be very loud and obnoxious in front of other customers. Call Dodge Customer Service. Something will get done. Sitting and waiting won't get it done, though.

My Sprinter has sat parked in my driveway for more than two years now - for that very reason. Couldn't get anything done/resolved from a dealership and it's just too much to fix all of the crazy things that went wrong with it. Makes for a great 14-foot enclosed trailer though. The loan is paid-off though. LOLOL
  • jlo_onejlo_one Posts: 12
    Oh boy. I am looking at a 2010 Itasca Navion IQ with the sprinter chassis and mercedes turbo diesel. Listening to everyone is pretty discouraging, but at least I haven't purchased it yet.

The motorhome is on a 3500 (it has the double rear wheels). For 2011 they are coming out with a 188hp (old is 154hp). Also will have more torque (320 vs 280?).

Anyone here heard about the motorhome issues?

thank you,
    JLO
  • Just don't do it Stay away if you value your money and safety. You can email me direct if you want to know the specifics. I am involved in a suit with the dealer and Chrylser.
    Sales@commercialsoundandcommunications.com
  • I'm sure all of us Sprinter owners hate to say it, because it is such a good van, as far as what is designed for. BUT the little (and big) nic-nac issues they have are just too much to bear. Mine has been parked for over 3 years now. It works great as a 14-foot storage container. LOL

Have you guys with 2002-2003 models received the Recall notice on the Intake Manifold? I must say I am happy about that, at least. Mine needed replacing anyway and the dealer was trying to con me into a whole motor ($14,000). LOL

There is a recall out now for 02-03 Sprinters. Complete Intake Manifold replacement! YAHOOOO!! Should help mine run better now.
  • anyone interested in beginning a class action lawsuit against Dodge/Mercedes over these pieces of junk??
    Sales@commercialsoundandcommunications.com
  • Anyone ever try gutting the engine and transmission and replacing it with a Dodge/Cummins running gear? I would be willing to try. Then I would have 4WD 3500 with some power and none of the problems. I know the can bus would have to go and the PW/ PD and radio would have to go. I don't care about traction control or ABS so they could hit the scrap can also. I would think a wrecked 2005 3500 ram would be a good start for all that it needed. At least I would be paying for something I can use.....
  • (I have been a Sprinter technician since 2004).
    The positive battery cable is proving to be a problem with some 07 and up Sprinters. There is a crimp/fusible link that gradually builds resistance and eventually causes a no start or lack of charging. I haven't heard of one that suddenly comes back to life after sitting a while, but it's possible. Here is some text from the Chrysler document...

"Intermittent no start due to low battery voltage/discharged battery.;1. Intermittent low battery voltage/discharged battery, even after driving for some time. 2. Alternator output, when measured at the alternator is correct. 3. Alternator output, when measured at the battery may be below normal."

"Possible cause may be high resistance in the cable from the starter motor to the battery, caused by a loose crimp at the 300 Amp fusible link. Perform a voltage drop test over the cable from the starter to the battery while at the same time doing a ‘wiggle’ test on the cable at the fusible link. If corrosion is present and/or the cable does not pass the voltage drop test, replace the cable."

Hope this helps!
  • I have a 2003 Freightliner sprinter ,they send me a letter and told me to take my sprinter to a dealer to change the intake manifold ,they change the manifold and give me back the truck ,then the truck start cutting out at certain speed on the highway I took the truck to another dealer to check why the truck was cutting out and he told me to take it back to the people who change the manifold be cause they screw up the truck ,I call the shop and have the truck towed to them the next day they call me and told me that they have blown my engine apart checking it out and I will have to pay to replace the motor .The case is in a lawman hand now
  • DO NOT BUY THESE VANS YOU WILL BE SORRY OH MY GOD THE REPAIR BILLS .

TERRINEWSOM71@YAHOO FOR ANY INFO
  • I have a 2002 Freightliner 2500 with 162k on it. As far as I know all the electrical components, except the power locks, work fine. It has run great during the summer (when I bought it) but as the weather got cold it has been hard to start in the mornings (below 40 degrees or so) It would start within two seconds of first crank and immediately die. Then after reheating the plugs and several attempts of cranking it, much longer than I would like, it would finally start and run fine. If the temperature was above 50 it would start and run fine (it would take no longer than 3 seconds of cranking before firing).

Saturday morning was cold (circa 36 degrees) and I started it with the normal procedure. After idling for about five minutes it died and has not fired since although I have tried many different times. At first I figured if I waited till the temp. to get above 50 it might start and run just fine. The temperature has reached 65 since it died and I have had no luck starting it. It fired only once when I gave it a shot of starting fluid. It did not give me any indicator lights in the dash until I unplugged the connection to the fuel rail solenoid which I removed and checked the o-rings. They looked great and after reinstalling the solenoid the Engine Control Unit Indicator Lamp is still lit.

Any help would be appreciated, Mike
  • I have a 2002 sprinter and it was hit (very lightly) in front and then driven home without shutting it off the nest morning it would crank but not start.
    Checked fuel preasure at injectors by cracking the line open and very little fuel preasure.
    Checked the fuel preasure regulator for a split O-ring and it looks fine. any Ideas anyone?
  • I do not understand... we have several sprinters here in south florida 2X2009 1x2010 1x2011 we do not have problems with them, we do all the service required at the dealer Atlantic truck Pompano, one of them got now 239K miles, but our Mercedes GL320 with only 104K miles (same engine) is always at the MB dealer: EGR, Limp mode, sensors, intake manifolds, servo motor air intake...
    I believe the problems are related to incompetent service department not trained to service CDI Diesel engines, too bad my sprinter Freightliner Dealer will not work on GL320 Mercedes, just Sprinters!
2»