Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy instrument panel problems

Comments

• I have the exact same problem and reset my odometer. I support a class action suit
  • I have to say that I agree, Lilcutie1. Before having this fuel gauge problem (and a couple more), I would have recommended this car to anyone. Now, I wouldn't. And the fact that GMC will pay for 1/2 of the repair indicates that they know there is a problem. They should pay for the full repair cost. I own a small business, and I can't even imagine not taking care of my customers. Don't they realize that, by not paying for the repairs, they will lose return business, which must cost a lot more in the long run than these repair costs? It simply doesn't make sense...
  • I have back and forth in communication with the corporate office and they don't seem to get it. We really need to look into what our options are for a class action case.
  • I am the first owner of a 2005 Envoy XL SLT with 86,000 miles. I have had a couple major problems with my truck. First problem the truck was burning oil. Thank goodness this problem occurred while the truck was still under warranty. Now that the car has reached 7 years old and is out of warranty I have encountered new problems. First the RPM gauge stopped working temporarily. The head lights turn off sometimes and it doesn't respond to turning the switch on and off. The air condition trap door, which is located under the dashboard is stuck, so if I turn off the air it makes an annoying clicking sound. Penske said it will cost $1000 to repair the air condition door. The newest and most frustrating problem with my truck is the fuel gauge is broken. When I fill up my truck the gauge bounces up and down and the electronic mileage display indicates "---" or it states "fuel level low". Penske stated that I have to pay $175 to repair this problem and GMC will pay the remaining portion. I think it is unreasonable for them to charge me anything because the average gas gauge sensor lasts 12 to 20 years without a problem. GMC should recall the part and pay for the entire cost.
  • Welcome to the club!! I saw a lady the other day driving an Envoy and ask her about the truck. She said and I agree, "It rides good but NONE of my gauges work and I bought it new!" GMC SHOULD recall ALL of these vehicles! Anyone you ask will tell you they have the same issues!! We were stranded on the interstate with a 3 month old baby in the back seat when ours ran out of gas..in a construction zone!! And they say it is not a SAFETY issue?? If you don't use the rip off dealers they will not refund you anything!!!
  • I am sorry that you are frustrated as a result of the fuel gauge concern on your Envoy. If you were interested in a Customer Assistance case, where we would investigate your situation, please send us an email with more information, including your name and contact information, your involved dealership and an account of your visits there for this concern (if applicable), and the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Thank you for posting, tiffanyn. From your submission, it sounds like you have had a few different concerns arise with your vehicle in addition to the fuel gauge? Have you been working with your dealership towards resolving these concerns? If we can set up a customer assistance case for you, which are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, please email us more information (include your name and contact information, your involved dealership and an account of your visits there for these concerns (if applicable), and the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Badenvoyxl,

I can understand why you are frustrated. I have posted in response to other forum members who have a similar position to yours in regards to the repair on the gas gauge inviting them to open up a Customer Assistance Case, and wanted to make sure that you knew you were invited to do so as well.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ewanewan Posts: 2
    I Agree with you Alihs, from the day i bought my used GMC Envoy till now i 'm having issues with my GMC Envoy 2004. At times i'm driving with my family and the car begin to feel like it just cant go anymore, the wheels become locked up along with the engine making a lot of noise with the car moving really slow. I was also stranded at new york when my GMC decided not to start, after i had it towed to the closest mec shop i was told that it was the battery, so i bought a new one, still didn't work, took almost the old day for them to figure out that it was the ignition switch. I've been trying to trade this car in for the last three years but no dealership is willing to take it, they are even willing to let me keep the envoy along with giving me another car. Really don't know what to do, i'm only sure that i worry everyday my family and i get in that car.
  • Gm paid for my dash replacement gmc envoy 2004 paid 429 dollars used dashed fixed by term auto in brooklawn new jersey. Thanks gm!
  • My friends took their Envoy to a different dealer and they pulled all the codes out and looked them over and found a TSB from GM that the drivers seat control module needed to be reflashed. That was over a week ago and so far none of the issues they were having have returned. It cost them $70 to have this done.
  • wgirtwgirt Posts: 1
    I think WE all need to file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against GM for this. Clearly this is the MANUFACTURER's mistake that we are being FORCED to bear the cost of. As a consumer...this is unacceptable. I for one WILL NEVER AGAIN purchase another GM product in my lifetime if this is the way GM takes care of their problems...and their customers.
  • We were told once it was a battery problem too... replaced the battery and still did not fix the issues... we bought this truck new in 06... Envoy XLT.. with every option
    1. Problems since... at about 20k miles air would not come on..took it back to dealer they could not get it to repeat the problem..the ac began working again... again the ac quit and several more times but it would always start back up..took it back to dealer , again they could not get it to repeat the problem!
    2. Rubber seal from the back doors comes loose at about 30k or so... The glue around the back hatch began oozing..took it to my dealer ( 50 mi away) they patched it by putting more goo on it...
    3. Began giving out of gas though the gauge would say it had gas..then the gas light would come on when the truck was FULL... at about 70k... We held out hopes after finding this site, GM would recall these..took it to dealer to check..NO recall of course! We were told it would costs us around 80 for diagnostic and about 700 to 1000 to repair fuel gauge because it is in the tank and they would have to drop the gas tank...it was out of warranty at this time and also the dealer we purchased it from went Bankrupt...so this was another dealer...

4. After giving out of gas on the sad day my husband was diagnosed with cancer, and our 3 month old grand baby was in the back seat, on a busy interstate in construction, we bite the bullet and paid a private garage to fix it and put point in it... it costs over 600 .. still cheaper than GM Dealer...

5. Gas gauge working but NOW the check engine light STAYS on... It idles rough, it has about 106 k... we went out of town for cancer treatments to come back to truck and it wouldn't start.. battery replaced next week...

6. Had to put a water pump on it... 597.00... Tech stated water pump was 'coming apart" ... The truck still idles rough... paid for now..would like to not have a payment but it is not dependable..can't trade it and would NOT sell it to my worst enemy! Thanks GM...AND when you send in your VIN and info , don't expect much!I have not got anything! GMC = Great Money for COMPANY or Government Motors... gonna paint me a lemon on each door when I can afford it!! Right now I have more problems than this so will deal with it day by day!
  • We're glad that you're satisfied! How has everything been working since it was replaced?

If we can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to get into contact with us via email with more information.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I'm sorry that you are upset, wgirt. I tried to look and see your previous posts but was unable to see any. If that is my own user error, I apologize if I am being redundant, but I wanted to see if there is some way I can be of service to you? Are you currently driving an Envoy and experiencing some concerns?

Thank you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ewanewan Posts: 2
    Good evening Sarah,

I'm currently a owner of a 2004 GMC Envoy and I'm having a number of different issues with it. The warranty on my Envoy has been expired for the last couple years and since the day i bought it I've spent thousands of dollars on repair cost alone. Whenever i go to the dealership to get it looked at they would issue me a laundry list of faults along with huge bill. I really cant wait to pay the truck off, it's nothing but trouble. I would even trade it in just to get rid of it, extremely tired of worrying while driving with my family.

v/r
    Ewan
  • I have a 2005 Envoy XL that has recently been giving us a TON of problems. First, the fuel sensor has not worked for some time now and I have to go by my mileage to estimate when I need to fill up. Second, my AC went out and has not worked for a few months. Third, my truck would turn off suddenly when I would be at a stop light or pulling up into my garage. So, my husband being a great mechanic recently spent over $800 in parts alone, and did the labor himself. BUT now the problems seem to continue. The oil pressue gauge is not working now so we don't know what to do. If I would have known there were more like us experiencing the same problems I would have waited on spending money we don't have to fix our only SUV. This was our first American made truck and I think it might be our last. I have had my truck for 4 years now and have maintained it regulary. But the problems seem to be getting worse. Please help!!
  • Ewan,

Thank you for sending this post my way. I want to express my apologies that you have encountered so many frustrations with your vehicle. Do you have a current concern that is waiting on a repair? If you do, we would like to get a Customer Assistance Case established for you, but would need some more information in order to do so. If you would please email us: your name/username and contact information (phone and address), the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN and its current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

We look forward to hearing from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Good afternoon, Mrs. Herrera,

I am sorry to hear that your Envoy is experiencing some difficulties. I see that your husband has technical expertise, and respect that. I understand that visiting a dealership for a diagnosis is not always an option for everybody, but if you do decide to go in for a diagnosis, please let us know as we would like to make sure to follow up with you on it.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I hate to burst your bubble, but the only help you are going to get is from your husband. Please understand, GM is not only going to ignore these issues, they will not offer any kind of assistance unless you allow the dealership to bleed you for money. Don't believe me? Look at the response you received from GM customer serivice.

As I said many times in the forum, as a former GM employee I understand the game they are playing. They will allow you to voice your concerns, but will never issue a recall for know defects such as the many listed here. The only way they will possibly respond (and I doubt that now) is if you have a safety issue as a result of these problems. Go to the NHTSA website and safecar.gov and register a complaint. Good luck!

Oh, by the way, when you get fed up you can always do what I did. After owning several GM cars, trucks and SUVs over the years, I decided to drop GM as my vehicle of choice.