Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy instrument panel problems

Comments

• I just wish I had found this forum before I bought mine new in 2006!! Live and learn, research, research... In spite of what problems there was with Toyota , their cars are still a hit with consumers..that speaks volumes!! Listening General Motors??????????
  • Excellent vehicle, I have been using it through the mountains, also in the city. Had no problems with it so far (been driving it for 3 years) .. The "check engine soon" light is always on, no matter what, tried to reset it, but it always lights up again "for some reason" .. Overall I am very satisfied with this car.
  • Hey,
    Why did you have to replace the rear hatch pistons? Just curious cuz I have an 03 Envoy SLT and my rear glass has busted out for the second time in 2 weeks! My husband is thinking it has something to do with hatch closing mechanisms but we haven't really had a chance to look at it. Both times it has happened its been 9-10pm so we can't see much. But both times I have been under it attempting to close it when it just shatters. And believe me, I have had a laundry list of problems with mine as well. Everytime I turn around something else is going wrong with it. I'll never buy GMC again.
  • juliehopsonjuliehopson Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    I bought a new Ford Explorer and I'm so glad to be rid of my 05 GMC Envoy. I practically had to give it away after I paid it off in Oct 2011. Engine light always on, fuel gauge inoperable and transmission slipping between 2nd and 3rd. The Envoy was nothing but a bad experience and net loss from point of sale to my recent trade in. Its too bad GMC responded so poorly to the fuel gauge issue as I might have considered buying another. But I bought that Envoy brand new and it did nothing but lose value over the life of the loan. My vehicle still looked pretty, but, when you run out of gas multiple times in a metro area and have to depend on AAA after paying $32K for a vehicle, it left a bitter taste in my mouth. Good luck all you Envoy owners, I'm sure you'll need it.

The new explorer is banging !!
  • Pocket, as you can well see GM does not give a damn about it's customers suffering with the Envoy/Trailblazer issues. Yes, if you look at the Trailblazer forum you will read the same thing. The customer service reps are simply contractors trained to give canned answers to pacify the customers without any type of committment to actually satisfy the customers. GM has moved on and while I think all of the issues in this forum are very important and valid, GM could not care less. We are all screwed and the only recourse is to do as ihave done...tell everyone you see who has one of the vehicles about this forum and email them the link to it.
  • I am having the same problem with the rear hatch pistons. Damn near knocked me in the head when I opened it, thinking it would stay up, wrong...just one more thing to fix... :(
  • In lieu of finding another thread on this concern, we are trying to get cases set up for our customers who have experienced the rear glass problem you described in your post. Please send us more information in an email, including your name/Edmunds username, contact information (phone/address), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and preferred dealership. My coworker Christina will advise you from there!
    Hope to hear from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • pocketpocket Posts: 29
    Replying to Magnasty:

You are absolutely right. The more people we alert to the garbage that GMC is dishing out, the better. I have told all of my friends and relatives not to buy GM. When asked why I tell them of the problems I have had with my Envoy, and my 2003 Sierra. By the way the gas gauge on the Sierra is out too. GM builds nothing but crap now. I have been a loyal GM customer for over 45 years, but not anymore. I tell everyone I see and meet about the lack of service and concern that GM has for their customers. So far I have cost GM the sales of 20 vehicles, and the count will continue to go up, because those 20 will tell 20 and so on. GM will fall within the next 5 years. Count on it.
  • chrissyr,
    Sorry to hear of your window problems. Fortunately for me it was just sagging (replaced both the window and gate pistons). I did save myself some money by doing it myself and purchasing them through gmpartsdirect.com! Don't use the dealer if the parts are listed on this site. They are original equipment manufactured (OEM) with a huge price break. Hope you get some positive response from GM on looking into the matter but it's not like you can not replace the glass when it breaks so I can't imagine what they will do for you! I say this only because there is no way they will reimburse you because that would cost them. Best of luck!
  • alauroalauro Posts: 1
    My 2005 Envoy has problems with the instrument cluster also. The tachometer needle is buried past 120 mph while is engine is off and remains that way while driving. At first it would reset back to zero after each start and stop of the ignition, but is now completely broken as too is the volt meter always reads 19 volts. Now just yesterday, the engine stalls while making sharp turns and also the steering wheel shakes only when stopped in drive. There are no engine or warning lights coming on. I was going to trade it in for a new Suburban, but they offered me 6,000 below value before I had these problems and with these problems I don't know if I want another GM vehicle. Makes be wonder if they knew these problems were getting ready to happen. Everyone is having problems with the instrument cluster it should be a recall!
  • Were you planning on working with your dealership on this? Please let us know as we would like to be available to assist as best we can!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2005 GMC Envoy. When I turn start the car, or just turn the ignition to the on position, the "Check Washer Fluid" warning light pops up. The washer fluid reservoir is full, though. I'm not quite sure where to start troubleshooting this. I'm guessing there is a sensor somewhere that is suspect, but was hoping someone could tell me how to get to this? Or if anyone else has had this problem and knows of some other things I could try.
  • All of my gauges on my 04 Envoy XUV are all over the place.Service light comes on and there's nothing wrong.Dash worked fine except for oil pressure gauge for the past couple of years and now my entire dash is crazy.I almost ran out of gas a few times because of inaccurate readings.
  • My 07 Envoy has no lights on the instrument cluster, headlight switch, or the climate control. I've checked the fuses and they are still good. Does the instrument cluster control the others as well? How much will this cost me to fix? HEEELLLLPPP!
  • I have a 2004 envoyXL. Bought it new.It has been a fabulous car for my family I have maintained excellent condition. Obviously I am concerned when hearing all the problems folks are having. Guess what? Instument panel just went out. The panel is actually very easy to replace. I've been told that the part is less that $200. I can only hope that it takes care of it. The rear hatch pistons is a simple fix. Had to replace mine. I know I didn't pay more than 15 bucks for each one. That's not worth getting worked up about. Almost as easy as replacing wiperblades.
  • I understand that it isn't always an option, but I wanted to ask if you were planning on working with a GM dealership on this? Please update us on your progress.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I just spoke to GM about this issue. They told me that the engineers have determined that this is a wear issue not a design issue. I'm sorry but I have a 1991 Toyota Previa and its gas gauge works fine. I have a 1998 Ford ranger with 248,000 miles and the gas gauge works fine. I have a friend with a 1957 Chevy and the gas gauge work fine. This is a design flaw and should be part of a recall with zero cost to the consumer. I called one dealership and they said my half would be between $175 and $200. I called another dealership 15 miles away and my half would be $300. What a load of garbage. I'm going back to Ford or Toyota for my next car assuming I don't run out of gas during rush hour and get killed in an accident. :mad:
  • So you now know that GM is FOS. They have postured themselves to obsolve the company of any responsibility on this issue. The public needs to bombard them with calls and emails. I have never seen or heard of vehicles having these types of issues as the Envoy and Trailblazer are having.
    Money talks so taking your business elsewhere is the best decision. I have done the same. I spoke to a Ford dealer recently and told him about this issue. He told me he had heard about it and had taken several Envoys and Trailblazers in on trade for Explorers and Escapes. Good for him.
  • i am getting this problem fixed today and its costing me alot. its over 500!!!!! now this is a bunch of BS!!!! the chryslers were recalled for the same problem and we have to pay? problem here if u ask me. This was te lowest price i have been quoted. GMC should be recalling this part and pay for it. I have been driving with no speed and then my oil went out and im not sure if gas even worked right. This is a huge problem for us driving the cars. I bought a GMC enovy for the safety and now its acting up,u should be standing behind your cars. Not everyone has money to pay for this andits putting a huge crunch in my budget. Please look at this problem and help us out. cause when i trade this is I will not be getting a GMC again.
  • I feel your pain, but unfortunately you are SOL on this one. GM is not going to do a damn thing in regards to a recall. This SUV is no longer produced, so they really do not care. They have slammed the door on the owners and have moved on.