Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy instrument panel problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,130
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. Can you please email me at socialmedia@gm.com to give me more information about what the concern is with the vehicle? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • ristainojristainoj Posts: 1
    Robert

Did U ever figure out what was causing all those proplems with your intrument cluster...ie...irroneous warnings and chimes...abs...brake...etc..

My mom has a 2004 with only 16k miles...it is doing the same thing. In addition,...I get "..then ...as well as the chimes . It is madening. Well behave for a few miles..then starts the whole show all over.

Do you or anyone here know if this Intrument Cluster Bulliten or any other GMC bulliten applies to my problem? Clearly there is somehing going on with these GM's.

What is the fix here?

Thanks

John
  • ldchanceldchance Posts: 4
    Hi Robert, it is the instrument cluster panel, and the Envoy is not covered under the recall.

Mine is still doing it.

LaQuanda
  • nothappy19nothappy19 Posts: 18
    Get a re-furburished one. I did and mine is fine now. Now the service 4WD light comes on. After I spen several dollars getting the cruise control fixed in the past 2 weeks.
  • jme72jme72 Posts: 3
    Just purchased this beautiful 2005 Envoy in February, have had numerous issues from the get go. My instrument cluster is bad, you can hear the bearings clanking around on ignition, while it is idling and when turning the vehicle off. The dealership I purchased it from says that even though I had taken the vehicle in numerous times for service for this very issue while still under warranty they were not going to cover it because it is not a mechanical or safety issue. Is there any documentation out there that shows this is a safety issue???
    Hello Jme72,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you are experiencing problems with your vehicle. Is the warranty a certified used car warranty or a dealership warranty? Can you please email me more information so I can look into this further? You can access my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • jme72jme72 Posts: 3
    Mariah,

When I purchased the vehicle in February of this year, it came with a 30 day warranty from the dealership. What other information would you like?
    Hello Jme72,
    Did you buy the vehicle used, or certified used? Have you had any of the concerns diagnosed or fixed? Can you please email me so I can get some personal information from you? You can find my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • bsinhcbsinhc Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Well, for all of you with the instrument problems, be prepared for more to go wrong and GM not take care of it. I have a 2002 Envoy I bought used in 2005 with 46,000 miles on it. For 2 1/2 years, it was a great vehicle but the "good times" ended in late 2008. Since then, I've replaced the instrument panel ($450), fuel pump ($750), radiator and air conditioner condenser ($600), alternator ($200), and front tie rod ends ($350) which was done for the 3'rd time since the vehicle was new.
    But, the list doesn't end there. Recently, my rear speakers quit working, the clutch fan is acting up, my awd switch goes haywire now and then, and now I'm smelling gas again. I have an appointment with the dealer on Tuesday to see if the fuel pump is bad again, and if it is, I'm going to sell this thing asap. It's turned out to be nothing more than a money pit and GM won't fess up to the fact that they built a subpar vehicle while charging a premium price for it.
    Prior to the Envoy, I owned a Dodge pickup truck and ran it hard. I put over 90,000 miles on it and never put money into it for the above mentioned parts, except for normal maintance.
  • br2004xuvbr2004xuv Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    I have a 2004 Envoy and recently started having electrical problems, Driver 1 resets to unknown driver, abs light, seatbelt light, 4-wheel drive, etc. Lights flash on and off, Battery gage fluctuates, headlights and instrument panel lights flicker dim to bright. . Occurs while driving down the road very sporadic. Upon starting the vehicle today the headlight washer sprays. The clock to 12:00 and exterior lights and running lights wont turn off. When I try to start it, it makes clicking sound and now will not start. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it, but charged me $168 - Any Ideas?
  • Same problem as everyone else except they charged me $1200 at the dealership. My gas gauge was reading past full when clearly empty. I ignored it as the dealership wanted $575 to fix. Then one day, I could not fill the gas tank, it kept shutting off automatically. They said it was the auto shut off incase of a roll over accident? Lovely. They 'fixed' it but then the gas tank was faulty and everytime I filled it up gas was pouring all over the ground. They said the gas tank repair was part of recall but the gauge and shut off was not? This seems wrong. How do you contact GMC customer service?
  • ms33362ms33362 Posts: 6
    GMC 1-800-462-8782, seems to be alot of problems with the envoy. I cant wait to get rid of mine...Good luck
  • calahoocalahoo Posts: 5
    Well my stabilitrak light has come on now and then. They say it is a computer module in the steering column. $1000 cdn to replace. Then steering wheel makes a squeaking noise. $1000 cdn to replace. Now our gas guage decided that one day it is 1/2 then it is empty. Is there anyone that can help me with some info for GMC Canada? I have 87,000 kms on it. Would any warranty cover anything. They just replaced the whole right front end under warranty. Only have had this truck for 6 months. Thanks.
  • oic_83oic_83 Posts: 1
    Hello Mariah,

I have a 2004 GMC Envoy and the cluster has went out on it. My oil gauge is pegged to the right and my speed odometer quits working when it rains out. Any advice for me?

Thanks!
    Hello Oic_83,
    Can you please email me so I can get some more information from you? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • magnastymagnasty Posts: 26
    edited June 2010
    Last fall I replaced the engine on my Envoy at 85,000 miles. Then the front 4WD differential failed and had to be repaired. The a/c fan works when it wants to, half of the lights on the radio buttons are out and the CD player feels like an oven when I listen to CDs. About a month ago the instrument cluster went haywire. I went to trade it in and the dealer tells me there was a recall on the cluster. I was never informed and I bought the vehicle new. The dealer told me I would have to have it repaired at my cost since the recall is no longer valid. And as if this was not enough, I was driving from Indiana to Ga. and at 2:00AM, the headlights went out. I had to drive about 4 hours with only the fog lights on. The dealership could not duplicate the problem. That was 2 years ago and it has happened 3 times since then.

After owning 14 GM vehicles -worked for GM for 23 years - I am done. I have never owned a foreign car or another domestic brand for that matter. I was trading my Envoy for a new Escalade, but tonight I told my wife I walked away from the Escalade and we are looking elsewhere.
  • pocketpocket Posts: 29
    Ok, I have read just about every post in here. I have a 2004 Envoy XUV, and so far the oil pressure gauge has pegged to the far right. The speedometer pegs at 120, and stays there even when the vehicle is stopped. The cruise control works when it wants to. And finally no relation to the elec. probs, but I have replaced the rear tailgate latches (all 3 of them) no less than 6 times in the last year. I replaced them for the last time 6 months ago, and have not opened the tailgate since. I am afraid to. I have read posts from a Mariah at GMC customer service, can anyone tell me how to get in contact with her??? Need all the help I can get.
    You may contact Mariah at socialmedia@gm.com She does respond.
    For those of you who are interested, there are a couple of companies that will repair your cluster for about $100. I found them on ebay. Search "envoy instrument cluster repair" on ebay and you will find it. The only thing is you have to know how to remove the cluster yourself which is not a big deal. There are a couple of websites that show you how to do it.
  • donneledonnele Posts: 6
    Well it looks like I'm now have joined the group of many! people with a 2005 Envoy and the speedometer is going nuts :-( This is really to bad its not covered when its Obvious so many of us!! Geeze GMC step up to the plate-- all I did was google it!! and got tons of hits. I will call the dealer- just barely cleared the 60,000 miles :-( -
    doubt i will get far with them - See all the sites to have it "rebuilt" - Does it POP out that easy? seen a utube post but was not a envoy - anyone have a site where I can see how to POP it out? Or online step directions?

Again its just really to bad to have all these issues - on what looks like a nice car :mad: Guess will be thinking twice when it comes time to to buy another one.
  • donneledonnele Posts: 6
    Can you please post a link to those websites?
    One of the most informative ones is

www.mrwhizard.com

Another is
    www.autoecu.com

Good luck!
    In order for GM to begin to consider looking at covering these issues, every vehicle owner should report the problems they are having to a GM dealership. GM only responds to volumes of complaints and of right now, they are hearing enough feedback to constitute considering a campaign. Since my original post, I have given up and traded my Envoy. I would suggest that everyone visit or at least call their local dealership and voice your displeasure.
  • dfalcodfalco Posts: 3
    My 2004 xuv I just bought recently started to act like it is full when I am trying to fill it up with gas. It just keeps spitting out and shutting the pump off so it takes almost 30 minutes to fill up if not longer. Any suggestions?
  • jcasertojcaserto Posts: 2
    I have experienced the same thing from time to time and found that if you just put the nozzle a very few inches into the tank it will work....good luck!
    edited July 2010
    thank u will try. Also, probably not a shock to anyone, my speedo don,t work. But will just deal with it cause all else works on cluster.
  • nothappy19nothappy19 Posts: 18
    I have had the same problem since I bought my Envoy. This helps but I still have gas come spurting out the gas spout and down the side of the car. If you put the nozzle in part way and do not put the hose all the way open, the first notch or second on the pump it will usually shut off in time, or I have learned to just listen for the sound of the gas to start getting to the top. Pain in the back side isn't it?
  • I have owned my 2004 Envoy SLT for four years now and after the first year everything that could go wrong did, I have spend so much money trying to keep ahead of this truck that my savings is drained. I can't afford another truck so just have to keep driving this one. But when in traffic and none of the gauges are working I just have to go with the flow of the traffic and hope like hell I don't get caught speeding or get a fix it ticket as I can't afford to get it fixed. I have no gauges and the tail gate gave up two years ago and I have to climb in and out to use the back of the truck looks great in a skirt after work getting groceries :mad: I have a bid from the Chevy dealer but they say they need to take the dash out and send it in to get it fixed for $650.00 and the tail gate will cost me another $650.00 :cry: I am single and do not have the money to do it oh well guess it is what it is but I'd sure like to see one of the top exects from GMC drive the piece of Sh*t day in and day out and not get any help from the company that knows full well that their product is a :lemon:

Lori
    Thanks for the advice, and yes it is a pain in the back side. On top of that my tailgate started to act up when me and my son went to play some golf. The top left latch would not engage. Got home and now everything is fine. The only way to get the gas to flow in is to turn it on and off really fast. :mad:
  • gdsantogdsanto Posts: 1
    hi,
    just yesterday i started to have electronic issues with my 2005 envoy xl. first when i went to exit truck the radio didnt shut off when i opened door. then the gauge gauge went from 1/4 tank to empty to full back to empty all in a minute. now it wont stay consistent. i dont know how much gas i really have. does gmc cover these problems?