Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Nissan Frontier

philg87philg87 Posts: 72
edited May 10 in Nissan
Besides adding a longer bed. What other improvements did the 08 make over the 07?

Comments

• There is the " CAN" wiring standard that all 2008 and newer cars have to have.
    I don't recall it's purpose but you can google it to get the answer.
  • Recently purchased an 08 in Erie,PA.Truck stickerd for 24,845.KC auto 4X4 with VTP.Purchased for invoice minus rebate(2500).Thought this was a fair price.Deal was quick and easy.20,800+TTL
  • have a 07 se 4x4. have a vibration almost all the time the engine is running. when you put a strain on the engine, like raising the windows, you can really feel it on the steering wheel and the brake peddle. its almost like a major vacume leak. had it to the dealer twice. they ain't gotta clue.
  • I just installed a radio but I can't find the antenna wire for my XE base model? Has anyone installed a radio on this truck before.
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    Is your idle speed too low? I'm thinking it should probably be about 700+ RPMs.
  • peterd2peterd2 Posts: 2
    I just purchased this and haven't even picked it up. I;m looking to install an Ipod interface. I have just the stock single CD radio. Do I need to replace the radio with an after market with the interface.? I also believe that CDs are going the way of cassettes. Anyone have any ideas?
  • ron_mron_m Posts: 188
    Are the five-spoke alloy wheels still available for the 2008 SE 4X4? When I went to 'Build Your Frontier' on the Nissan USA website, the only wheel that was shown was a six-spoke style that I don't care for compared to the five-spoke style that I remember seeing on several '07 models. Maybe I just missed something somehow and they are still available.

Second question. A friend of mine has had problems twice now with the paint on his '07 Frontier along the top of the cab where there is a molding present. Is this a common problem with the paint on '07 model Frontiers, or is he just extremely unlucky? I'm strongly considering the purchase of an '07 or '08 model Frontier, but I want to make sure that I'm not going to have to deal with a bunch of problems.
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 333
    2008 Nissan Frontier V-6 King Cab does not have a locking gas cap or locking door cover for gas filler. Purchased a "locking gas cap at Auto Zone" and the "check engine soon" light come on. Replaced the new locking cap with the original cap. On the way to the dealer to discuss the light, it went out and stayed off the rest of the day. Any suggestions on how to modify the gas cap door/cover to include a key/lock? Dealer had no suggestions.
  • driver56driver56 Posts: 408
    I've heard of such things through this forum, but I've never actually witnessed any paint problems myself. I own an 07 Frontier Crew 4x4 Nismo, and have for going on one year. I currently have 16,000 kilometers (approx. 10,000 miles) on the odometer. I've travelled on practically every road surface imaginable, and see no paint damage at all. I know that the composition of the pints are different now because of environmental concerns, but I'm completely happy with the purchase, have no issues, and the truck has been trouble free.
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    It's been two years since I bought my SE, but I recall that each trim (LE, Nismo, SE) has a different alloy wheel spoke count. You can't pick which wheel you want.

I've had no paint failure on my cab roof.
  • ninevelninevel Posts: 2
    Pete814,

Could you give the name of the dealership in Erie, PA? You got a great deal on your truck. I live in Buffalo and the dealers here don't deal.

thanks
  • aaaaaaxaaaaaax Posts: 2
    I've just bought the Nissan Frontier 4x2 V6 from last week, I have 500 miles even strong engine but now hear the valve noise and engine a little shaking. Did it happen same yours or anyone have more ideas about this?

Thanks
  • aaaaaaxaaaaaax Posts: 2
    This car uses timing chain that why a little noise....the engine uses the better gas 91 then no more shaking...
  • cornbeefcornbeef Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Nissan Frontier with 3000 miles. Whenever I back out of my driveway after the truck has been sitting for along time, the brakes squeal. They are OK in the forward direction and do not squeal in reverse after the truck warms up. Does anyone else have this problem? I took it to the dealer and they stated that this was normal when the rotors are wet, cold, etc. However, none of my other vehicles are doing this. I had Nissan Altima that had the same problem a few years back, but they would always squeal until I put aftermarket ceramic pads on it. Then it ran fine. I am wondering if I may need to do the same to the truck. Other than this problem I am happy with the vehicle. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • akhodaiakhodai Posts: 1
    I need help. I want to put bigger rims on my 2008 Frontier. Does anyone know anything about the TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR? Can I buy after market sensor that will work on my truck and where?
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    The sensor may be purchased from dealer, aftermarket such as Tirerack, or transferred from existing wheels if compatible.
    If you purchase new sensors, they will have to be programmed to work at the dealer.
  • kpt_volkpt_vol Posts: 2
    I test drove an 08 SE Frontier yesterday and noticed while crusing at about 40 MPH, in traffic, the transmission continually shifted and it was so noisy you could hear the pop in the drive shaft or rear-end. Dealer was great but I wanted to check it to see if others were having this type of problem before continuing with a purchase.

Thanks for your replys.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    No problems in an 06 V6.
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 333
    I've had an 08 Nissan Frontier SE V-6 Automatic since March this year and no problems so far with 2000 on odometer. I would not consider the situation/condition you discribed as "normal". I would suggest you test drive a different Nissan Frontier and compare, might even drive a used one if they have it and don't have a similar new one. If it shifts too much in traffic for you, you might depress the button on the shift lever that eliminates the overdrive (5th) gear and only allows the transmission to use four gears forward. Good Luck
  • kpt_volkpt_vol Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replys concerning the Auto Trans. Now the good part any ideas what one should pay for an 08 SE or LE pretty well loaded. It seems everyone has SEs but the option packages vary so much it is hard to get a handle on price. I haven't see an LE but do want to check one out.

Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.