Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac SRX

2»

Comments

• juliebug8juliebug8 Posts: 4
    Hey I have had all of the above includung a non funtioning NAV system and much more it has been in the shop 78 days and have even had Cadillac hang up on me when asking for help. My lawyer is asking me to look for people with the same problems. Any thing else that could help me ???
  • Hi Fastguy:

I read your note and got sick to my stomach! I have a 2008 SRX I just got 3 weeks ago, and yesterday whilst reading the manual and checking things out I found a *lake* in the well under the 3rd row seat. I couldn't believe how much water was there...

I take it from your post you ahd teh same problem and it was enver resolved??

John.
  • I have an '08 with everything except V8. I've driven Japanese cars for 25 years and have loved them, but decided to buy American. My last 3 cars were Acura MDX, Infiniti FX35 and Infiniti Q45, all great cars. But, I like the SRX even more. It's supremely comfortable, has great luxury features and is wonderful to drive. I like some of the little amenities like the motorized, movable pedals, and the big sunroof. I do not like the fact that the doors lock every time you move, and that it can't be disabled. And I agree that the nav system is retarded. My 2002 Acura MDX has a much, much better one. Why would GM have an inferior product, 6 years later?

I'm impressed with the oil life monitor that provides for oil change intervals of up to 12,000 miles. An excellent feature. People change oil way too often, it's a myth that's been perpetrated by oil companies and car dealers. Use synthetic oil and spread out your oil changes. You'll save 2% on gas mileage, maybe an extra buck a week, thus paying for your oil change.

So far, I would be happy to buy another Cadillac. If the car disappoints me down the road, I can go right back to Infiniti or Acura, but so far I'm happy to have bought an excellent American car. If a million people would do that this year, switch to American, it would do more than a major stimulus package.
  • dglozmandglozman Posts: 177
    One small problem with that. America does not build enough cars that you would choose over Japanese/German. Yes, Cadillac is one of them. I do not like the current SRX, but the pictures of 2010 SRX look very promising....

The biggest problem with majority of American cars is interior quality. so far I can not find better built and better layout then my Honda Accord (talking about the same class american)
    But when it is time to replace by Lexus RX - the ONLY one American SUV that I would consider is SRX.
  • You're often right that Japanese interiors are better. However, the 2008 SRX(not the earlier years) is better than my Infiniti FX and my Acura MDX. So, some progress has been made. I have rented a Ford Focus three times and been impressed with driving it and would to buy one to continue my "buy American" campaign, but you're right, the interior is a little too plastic. Haven't seen an Accord interior in years but will check it out next time I pass a dealer.

My initial attraction to the SRX was the exterior styling, the knife edges vs. other SUVs that look like vitamins, or bars of Dove soap. Basically all cars come out of the same wind tunnel now and it's hard to find a car with an edge anywhere. That's why the SRX looks different on the road.
  • Has anyone else had any really bad experiences with Stewart Cadillac in Houston? I recently purchased a vehicle from them, and I after the deal was done I was mistakenly given some information that I'm sure they would have prefered that I not see. I was not at all happy with the experience. I told the salesman point-blank I will NEVER buy another car from them, and he just shrugged it off. I would suggest people steer clear of this dealership. They are not in it to build a lasting relationship with the customer.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Consider writing up a report in Dealer Ratings and Reviews.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • My wife purchased the SRX a little less than a year ago. The vehicle was loaded, the Signature Edition and was on the showroom floor. Just what she was looking for. When she drove it home, the following day she found several interior problems. Within a month the black piece between the windshield and sunroof cracked in half. Since then we have had that piece replaced three (3) times due to cracking and now has two broken cracked spots in it. The last time they replaced it the dealership chipped a large spot on another part which they did not inform me. We can hear air coming through the sunroof constantly. Also several interior CHEAP pieces have broken and just noticed the door handles are coated with a chrome sticker material which is peeling. She has tried to keep some of these problems from me so I would not go off ...................
    Now my wife is to the point she is going to bring the vehicle to the dealership and tell them they can keep it and she does not want it back. We still have a lien however she would rather her credit take a small ding than continue like this. Any advice?? Only have 19,000 miles on vehicle.
  • Pbealle, It's been over 2yrs. since your message was posted, how do you feel about your 2008 SRX Caddy now ????
  • Miked22,,, How do you feel about your 08 SRX Caddy now ???
  • ericzoomericzoom Posts: 213
    I just turned in my leased 08' SRX, and I found it to be a pretty reliable vehicle. It drove well, and was very comfortable. It had great pickup for a heavy vehicle with a V6. To be honest, I found it to be a better vehicle than my 11'SRX.
  • I spend to much time at the dealer for repairs,,, I don't want to waste anymore of my time posting all the problems,,, no one cares... I get soaked from head to toe when it rains or snows,,, dealer said the leaks are fixed and will tell me the same if I bring it in again so whats the point,,, no time to go into all that has gone wrong with this lemon,,, just dido all the negative posts regarding the SRX I experienced it all... I hate this car...
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    08srxlemon,
    I’m sorry to hear that you have had such an unsatisfactory experience with your SRX. If Customer Assistance can be of any help to you, please email Christina with more information.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
2»