Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Bluetooth

I test drove a 2008 honda accord tonight and most likley will be picking one up tomorrow. I am a bit confused on the bluetooth and the salesman wasnt very helpful. I am going trhough a private lease broker so screw him anyways HAHA.

Anyway here is my question. When I look on Hondas site about my phone compatability it says yes to recive contact and no to phonebook import. Can someone explain this? How do you make outgoing calls? Is it only via voice command? I cant scroll though a phonebook or directory on the screen and pick who I need to call.

Also here is my deal. 08 sedan EX-L with navigation. 36/15k First payment down. 425 tax in. a month. What do u think.

Comments

• jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    Why dont you ask your private lease broker? HAHA.
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Please read the manual and "practice makes perfect".
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    For pricing help, you'll want to visit either the Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion or the one we have for Accord Lease Questions.
  • Hi everyone. Is there a phone that actualy does have compatability with the 08 accords to transfer the phonebook? I even looked on the website and every phone they have listed has " no " under phonebook transfer compatability but the option does exist.Any help? Thanks.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    I was very disappointed that my Samsung Blackjack and Samsung Sync did not show up on the list. But check the list under LG, there are a couple that are listed in the very short list of phones that are supposed to work.
    Parviz,

My cheap Samsung M50 (?) works very fine in my car. Bravo '08 V6 EX-L Bluetooth. Get in Honda.com to get the list. Check the list before buying / changing phone.
    My Blackjack works fine with the Handsfree, it just won't transfer the phonebook info nor will it show the battery level, etc. on the screen. Were you able to transfer your phone book to the car's database?
    I've not transferred the phone book yet. Have to do it some time. But the handfree sound quality is good to very good. It's been my exciting experience.
    Parviz,

I have rarely received phone calls while I am driving but sometimes like today while I was listening to my favorite tunes while driving suddenly the tune stopped and I thought "Oh my God, something wrong with my CD sector". But, in fact, it was my wife who called me and I immediately pushed & held the blue-tooth speaker button on the steering wheel to listen to my wife's call. I was truly joyful to hear my wife's voice via my car's speaker while the car was running nicely and I did not have to retreive my cell phone in the case attaching to my belly. I felt really nice and very happy with the quality of the blue-tooth of my car.

A friend of mine at work bought a '07 Accord V6 EX-L at discount and he is very happy with it. I keep checking with him on his new car every time I meet him in the hallways at work. He commutes 130 miles round trip everyday to work. Poor guy ! I think '07 Accord V6 EX-L does not have blue tooth, does it?

Note: Golf has still been so bitter about the VCM of his '08 Accord EX-L V6
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    My dealer said I can get bluetooth as an add on to an EX-L, is this true? they said it would be around $750 for it.
    I am glad you are enjoying it. The clarity and volume on mine is average, very much like the ear piece blue tooths, with background noise, etc. That is what I am being told by the people on the other side of the conversation but I am glad it is there, specially when in July that becomes law to use hands free in the car. Did she mention how you sounded and if there was any background noise on yours? I am thinking there are several factors for this, including where the phone is at the time, battery level, even the phone model, among other things.
    Honda does not offer one for non-Navi models. But there are several aftermarket choices available. I have seen some online that are very advanced (features) but I am not sure about the background noise, etc. They come with car specific harness so you can connect it to your cae speakers and get auto-mute when a call comes in, but you would have to use the screen and microphone that comes with the unit itself (The Honda bluetooth screen features are very limited anyhow). I don't think there is a backgrounf nose-proof one out there yet because even my $120 Plantronics ear-piece has background noise. Also it seems like my friends 08 TL bluetooth has better sound quality than mine. Viet seems to be happy with his OEM.
    I checked with my wife about the sound quality when I talked to her via the bluetooth but she was not sure. Will check it out next time. I was able to hear her with good to very good quality. Also, I heard the '08 Accord bluetooth is the TL bluetooth.

As to adding navi to non-navi Accord the answer (I read it somewhere) is NO. It cant do it. So, I prefered to buy the Accord with the built-in navi instead of trying to hire a technician to pull out the audio unit with all messy wires to "add-on" navi or something else. NO WAY.

Also, at my son's request I am going to add on the MP3 unit to his '05 Accord hybrid soon. Do you know the median cost to add it in? Thanks.
    I am assuming he is asking for the add-on MP3 unit. Its online price is about $340 plus installation, unless he is into doing it himself.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/storeart/03accord/mp3playerb.jpg
    I forgot to add the online prices are A LOT less than the dealer quoted $700+ price and you can install it yourself if just a little up to it.
  • I have had my car for a month now. I have been using a motorola razr with it and the bluetooth has been working flawlessly since I got the car. Over the past 3 or 4 days sometimes my phone isnt syncing with the car automatically and I have to go into the phones bluetooth menu and pick the handsfree profile that is saved as the car and then it syncs up no problem. It was doing it like it is supposed to as soon as I get into the car without me having to do anything. Do you think its the phone or the car? Thanks for your help.
  • I have had my car for a month now. I have been using a motorola razr with it and the bluetooth has been working flawlessly since I got the car. Over the past 3 or 4 days sometimes my phone isnt syncing with the car automatically and I have to go into the phones bluetooth menu and pick the handsfree profile that is saved as the car and then it syncs up no problem. It was doing it like it is supposed to as soon as I get into the car without me having to do anything. Do you think its the phone or the car? Thanks for your help.
  • coap1coap1 Posts: 2
    the blue tooth is easy,as for the payments, i got the 4cyc,leather,nav,remote starter,wheel locks,free oil changes for the whole 42 months, 414 a month with tax in the price, out of pocket 414, plus 180 motor vehicle fees, 42/1200
  • I got my Phonebook to upload on a phone that shows is not compatible to do so. The trick was i found out by accident, that you have take the sim card out and then put it back in and then try to upload before doing anything else with the phone. Weird I found this out by mistake by switching my sim card into my other phone. I am so happy about this! By the way its on a blackberry pearl.
    Parviz,

My wife called me today again while I was driving. I heard her OK, I asked her if she heard me clearly. She said YES but she said "sounds like via the speaker...". Of course, via speakers for sure. I tried to call my dentist via my real cell but I could not do it due to that number is not in the bluetooth phone book I guess. But some other people called me and I got the call in my car/ bluetooth OK. Sounds interesting.