Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Bluetooth

Comments

• parvizparviz Posts: 484
    My screen shows the number that the call is coming from but it takes a few rings before it shows up. Since you just figured out how to let it ring longer maybe you'll get to see the numbers?
  • Did you figure out your problem. I've had my '08 EX-L for a week and the bluetooth suddenly stopped synching with my phone. When I go to my phone's menu it can't find the handsfree device anymore. I'm wondering if there is a simple on/off switch in the navi system that has been turned off.
  • erdocerdoc Posts: 10
    i was wondering if anyone has had a problem with voice dialing a number. once i enter the number by voice, then say "call"....it says its dialing but no call goes through. the bluetooth is connected, but nothing happens, its happened to me a few times. i end up having to cancel the call to get out. i have been able to make some calls that i have stored, so it puzzles me, any help?
    I have not had any problems. I would suggest try another phone if you can in case it is the phone compatibility issue.
  • erdocerdoc Posts: 10
    i have Sprint and have the Katana which is compatible except for the phonebook transfer. the phone recieves calls without problems. there are times i am trying to make a call and i hear nothing......(i check my cell phone and its not dialing). i think i will test it more to see where the problem lies.
  • abhikuabhiku Posts: 89
    For uploading address book to HFL thru navigation, your phone must be supporting Bluetooth Phone book access profile (PBAP).

I was having ATT TIlt running WM6.0 & it was not uploading the address book to accord navigation. In WM6.1 it does support PBAP profile.

I upgraded my ATT Tilt last night to WM6.1 build from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=380913

and next morning tested with accord navigation. Boom, it took less than 30 sec to upload 150+ contacts to Accord navigation.

if you have Windows Mobile devices, upgrade to WM6.1 build & try again.

good luck.
  • mjg2mjg2 Posts: 1
    I wanted to let anyone who tried importing their phone from a Blackberry device unsuccessfully that it SHOULD work but it will likely take multiple attempts. After doing some research on other message boards regarding the issue I found several owners who figured out that it likely takes 3-5 import attempts in a row before it finally goes through. Mine went through on the fifth try and all 75 contacts in my phone book on my Blackberry 8830 (Verizon) imported successfully.

The owners on other message boards who got it to work after 4-5 attempts had different model Blackberrys AND different carriers, so I think with a little persistence you can get your Blackberry phone book imported. So nice to have!
  • On four ocassions in 7,000 miles, I have pressed the HFL "on" button and the system emits a very loud static noise. No amount of button pressing turns it off. It eventually stops after 20 to 30 seconds. Anyone else experienced this?
  • sailor14sailor14 Posts: 1
    I have the new Accord with all the bells and whistles and what a let down! The cellular system can not do what a Ford Focus does these days - automatically synch a phonebook on ANY bluetooth phone, voice dial through the car using the phones voice recognition (Ford, BMW, Lexus, all do!) AND who in their right mind created a car that holds data you can not back-up? There is a CR reader, why not CR-RW- or a place for a chip in the dashboard? It has TWO phone books, the nav system and cellular, and they don't even synch!
    AND to add insult to injury they have a jack for your iPhone but again it is a BASIC audio in - no tunes synching (again a Ford basic) and no display on your dashboard for the tunes?
    I am ready to sell this new Honda despite its other upsides. The technology is simply archaic and embarrassing. Anything we can do to put some pressure on Honda to upgrade this technology to a reasonable interface?
  • sorry it took me so long to get back. yeah, so i figured out that i'm an idiot, and that my phone had a separate ring option under the bluetooth menu (which seems like overkill to me, but whatever), so i just lengthened the ring time and now the number pops up right after the second ring.

also, i'm curious ( i have not searched the forum yet so forgive me if this has already been talked about), but does anyone have an iphone and does it work with the honda bluetooth. again, i haven't looked into this at all, just wondering cuz i'm thinking about buying the new 3g iphone. take it easy everybody.
  • budhbudh Posts: 109
    I'm looking at purchasing a 2008 Honda Accord sedan EX-L with no navigation system. What options are there for adding to the vehicle bluetooth hands free cellphone use, especially if it can be wired to mute the car audio system when a call in incoming? Any good aftermarket or other products out there? I could get a GPS with bluetooth capability, but would like the audio system muted when calls are incoming.

Bud H
  • asohasoh Posts: 1
    Hey guys quick question --

Has anyone experienced (just got my Accord '08 couple weeks ago) either of these issues?

1) When dialing out, call will not go through HFT (car speakers), but will instead make the call through the phone?

2) Incoming call, same problem -- answer call, but instead of going through HFT, goes through the phone?

This is annoying for obvious reasons -- wonder if this is a common, fixable glitch -- I would estimate this occurs 1 out of every 10 calls or so. Thanks!
  • weasel610weasel610 Posts: 1
    I was trying to set up bluetooth on my 2008 accord with navi and it keep asking do i want a code i said no,but it has an unknown security code for the phone that i set accidently .Does anybody know how to reset it?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    You should set the code at the time of bluetooth connectivity, I'd think. I know when I'm trying to connect to another bluetooth phone from my own phone, it asks the receiving phone to provide a code, then the sending phone to input that code, so that the right phones connect.

I usually just do a "1-2-3-4" and tell the other person to do the same, and then we connect.

Try something like this?
  • triad8791triad8791 Posts: 1
    I have an iPhone (non 3G) that I am currently using on my '08 Accord. The car is a coupe with the navigation option. My sales associate helped me set up the bluetooth option via voice commands the day I bought the car and later I imported my phone book.
    What is weird though is that I checked Honda's bluetooth website: http://automobiles.honda.com/bluetooth/ and it said that the iPhone could not import its address book to the car. Try it anyway. I have no explanation on why it works when the site says it doesn't, maybe its a typo.
  • mslavonicmslavonic Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2008 Honda Accord sedan EX-L with no navigation system. Since I wear hearing aids in both ears I wanted an in car bluetooth system. I opted to add Honda's bluetooth accessory after the deal. I got a great deal, and the dealership installed system in a half a day. I currently have T-mobile prepaid cell phone service, which is a great service for those who do not need constant access to a cell phone. After I got the bluetooth installed I went to the local T-Mobile store and worked with the sales representative and purchased a Samsung T429 cell phone. We went outside to the parking lot and he paired the demo phone to my Honda bluetooth system in less than 2 minutes. I took a new phone home, deleted the pairing the store rep setup, setup the new phone in less than 1 minute and called my wife from the drive way.

The phone I purchased is not listed in the Honda bluetooth list of approved cell phones, but so far it is working great.

Hope this helps
  • Budh, How much did it cost? Does it come with any type of display as I assume the phone numbers do not show up on the screen. Does it have the capability of both responding to a person's name and also stating the phone number? I have the exact same car as you in Midnight Black.
    The phone if free if you sign up for Prepaid phone service from T-mobile. I was up grading my phone so it cost me $99.99.

The phone is a slider and has a large display. The caller appears in the display, and caller ID is a feature of the phone. It is also a camera phone.

Go to the T-mobile web site and see the phone for yourself. link title
  • budhbudh Posts: 109
    I haven't found anything yet. I wasn't sure if you were referring to a GPS device or something else.

Several Garmin GPS devices have bluetooth. I don't know Tom Tom well but am sure they do, also. Looks like $400+ for a GPS that has Bluetooth capability

Bud H
  • samwatsonsamwatson Posts: 1
    I also have a 2008 Accord EX-L with no nav. I just called my local dealer (parts dept) and they told me the Honda Bluetooth hands free kit is not out yet.

Can you give me the details on what you got installed? And, are you sure it's a Honda part, as opposed to an aftermarket kit?

What's the part number(s), price, etc.? Where are you located - what dealership? Is it integrated with the car (mute radio, through the speakers, etc)?

Thanks a lot for the help!
    Sam
    Sam,

Your local dealer is wrong. What I found out about salesmen is that they only know what is on their lot. After I pushed him to locate the bluetooth he found one the next day.

This is not an aftermarket kit, it is from Honda becasue it fit in place of the sunglass holder above the mirror. Simply go the Honda's web site and select accessories.

According to my invoice there is an FP number for the Base Kit 08E00-E10-100 and a Kit Number 8753188. List Price is $418.00.

The Attach Kit FP number is 08E02-TA0-120 and a Attach Kit Number 8763179 List Price is $89.00. Installation for me was $185.00, but this is dependent on the dealership.

I am located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and I purchased my Honda from Dean Honda.

Like I said the bluetooth system fits in place of the sunglass holder above the mirror. It has it own speakers and all of the controls for calling, muting and volumn are located in between the speakers and microphone.

If you want to call Dean Honda there phone number is 412 466-8120.

Hope this helps

Mike
  • dhamsdhams Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2008 Accord EX-L w/Navigation this week and noticed that it has a little black DVD box in the trunk. I have looked in my owners manual and can't find anything to explain it. Can anyone tell me what it's used for??
    That runs your navigation system. It holds your navi DVD.
  • smithsincsmithsinc Posts: 15
    Guys,

I am trying to get the (Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®) Blue tooth added to the Honda Accord EX-L w/o NAV as an accessory, but I would like to know if anyone has done so already and is willing to detail the quality of the product. I am a bit concerned in that when added as accessory, the audio is not done through the car's audio system but rather via a little speaker in the kit which is placed the in the space in the overhead compartment used for the sunshades.

How is the over quality? Is it worth getting? and Is it actually wired to the car's internal speaker system? Any advice please? Thanks :confuse:
  • Hello,

I just recently bought a Honda Accord EX -L V6 with Navigation and Bluetooth capabilities. I've been trying to import my phone book with no luck.

I was wondering if you remember the steps you took to import your phone book.

My phone is a blackberry pearl with Verizon as the provider.

Would you be able to provide instructions? I've gone to several forums and even the HFL website and have not found any instructions.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thank you.
    Smithsinc,

Also see my post at #47

I had a (Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®) Blue tooth added to my Honda Accord EX-L w/o NAV about 3 week ago since I wear hearing aid in both ears. I am very satisfied with the product. The audio is through the speakers in the Blue Tooth, and the sound is very good.

I have no complaints, it provides me the the access to my cell phone when I am driving and that is all I was looking for.
    mslavonic,

How was the sound quality though? Was it installed to use your car's audio system like that of the factory installed ones? The EX-L has a nice audio system and after listening to my boss using his in his Altima (which IMO, does not sounds as good as the audio system in the the EX-L), I would like to know how close to factory installed does it sounds. Thanks
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    Verizon is known for crippling bluetooth. I have no idea why the beancounters wanted to disable phone book imports. I guess they didn't want it to eat into data transferring revenue. Or perhaps HFL isn't the best.

Maybe WM6 phones don't have the crippled bluetooth.
    smithsinc,

I don't know how to measure sound quality that you may understand. All I can tell you is that I can clearly hear the caller. The sound comes through the speakers in the unit and not the car's audio system, so there may be a difference. I have never been in another vehicle with a bluetooth system so I can't judge any difference. You need to speak to your dealer's service department and ask them if they can connect to the car's audio system.

For my use all I need is to be able to hear the caller clear enough to understand the conversation, and I get that with this unit and I am satisfied. I don't like using my cell phone for long phone conversations, so if the caller and I need to speak at greater length I'd rather have that conversation on a land based system.

This system meets my needs, but you may want more, and I can't help you beyond what I have experienced with my unit.
    mslavonic,

Thanks for your input ..... much appreciated.