Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Noises and Sounds

Comments

• I purchased a 2011 Escape XLT 4WD and have the same hoot problem. Obvioulsy, Ford is doing nothing to resolve this issue. I am definitely not pleased.
  • I own a 2001 Ford Escape V6 4WD, when I start my truck, my brake makes an air noise that wont stop unless you are pushing on the gas; holding the brake down all the way or if it is off. has anyone had this problem?
  • kav3kav3 Posts: 1
    Directive TBS 10-20-1 issued by Ford describes the problem and indicates it is in the transmission. There is no known solution. My 09 Escape V6 is having this problem.
  • 2hills2hills Posts: 10
    I see the commercials for the F150 and the talk about how great the Ford engineers are, but maybe they should go back to the donut eating focus groups to tell them how to solve the "hoot" problem because the engineers sure cant get. Chew on that Ford engineers.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I'm not saying you're all wrong, but I have had a total of 7 Escapes, still have 5 of em, driven about 100,000 miles, never had this problem, or any other problems will all but 1 of them.
  • I have the same problem with the 2010 Escape I purchased in September 2009. Had it in the Ford garage and they couldn't figure out what was causing it, then they said they fixed it. They didn't. Still have the noise today.
  • My 2011 Escape has the "hoot" and it is getting progressively worse as each day goes by. Now I not only get the hoot when starting from a dead stop, but I get several "hoots" as I accelerate. My dealer says that Ford is promising a permanent fix by summer. But I am pretty disgusted that they have known about this problem for three years and still don't have a fix.

I am a loyal Ford owner, and my Escape is my seventh Ford product. However, it will probably be my last.

Ford says that the noise will not damage the transmission, but I find that difficult to believe, as I have readh hundreds of complaints in the Internet about transmission problems with the Escapes.

Bye bye Ford. You have lost a loyal, long-time, customer because of your unwillingness to solve a known problem.
    Well I see the engineers at Ford in Europe in conjunction with a university in Germany have a car seat that can monitor the drivers heart....wonderful, now how about figuring out what the h^%$ that hoot is. This is absolutely rediculous that they can not fix this problem. I was going to buy a Hyundai but thought the Escape was a better product, boy was I wrong. I will never buy another Ford.
  • cannon3cannon3 Posts: 296
    My wife and I own a 2010 Escape XLT 2.5 automatic 4wd. We love this vehicle. Our recent trip netted us about 28MPG doing 70MPH+ per the computer. My wife normally drives the vehicle. I noticed a hard shift at times in lower gears. We had recall 10B15 done to this vehicle already. We also have the "hoot" noise I read about across the internet. I am bringing the vehicle back in to the dealership tomorrow for the hard shifting. As I read across the internet I see many are having transmission issues with the 09/10 Ford Escapes. I am not feeling all warm and fuzzy about this vehicle. It has about 15K on it and runs fine. However, can I trust it to make it another 80K? This is our 3rd Escape and the last 2 were flawless, reliable vehicles. I am not going to be a happy camper with Ford if they screw me on this known transmission issue. If I start reading in a few years about how these 6spd automatic transmissions were faulty and Ford does nothing... I am going to be jump ship and never buy a Ford again after owning Fords for over 25 years.. :lemon:
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Posts: 315
    I want to wish everyone wanting to punish Ford "good luck" and what exactly are you planning on purchasing? If you visit the other forums you will find issue's with every single one of them. You can look at Honda, Toyota, Goverment Motors. They all have problems people.
    I agree completely. As I have said before on these forums, Cars are machines, and it's a miracle they work at all. For every serious complaint we see here, and I don't deny the problems mentioned, there are more issues out there, but millions of properly operating cars with very satisfied customers. I have a small fleet of cars for my business + 3 cars for my family. I've tried them all. At this moment, I have 5 Fords (4 are Escapes, incidentally), 3 Chryslers and 2 Toyotas. They are all good. No major problems or issues, and some of them have over 80,000 miles. Just rep-laced an Explorer with over 140,000 miles on it. Between them, the Toyotas seem to be the best made, but not always the most functional or attractive design, the Fords are the best designed vehicles, and the Chryslers are, well, ok. I've owned them all, but the GM cars have overall, been the worst performers for me, and even those aren't terrible, but sometimes you can get a lemon from any company. I have had a bad Ford or two (not ever an Escape though), but have not put a fatwa on Ford because of it. I get rid of the bad one, and get something else and move on. It happens, and it's the cost of driving to me. If every car from one manufacturer I had owned was horrible, yes, I'd quit buying from them, and I've pretty much quit buying GM, but not for that reason. I just don't care for their designs, lack of technology, and mediocre quality overall. In short, they are not remarkable at any level. Anyway, that's how I feel. I don't see the need or the potential effect of the threats directed toward Ford or anybody else. You can't punish a company with those. Just vote with your money. That's all that matters. :P
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Posts: 315
    nvbanker:
    That is funny because I too will never by a new GM product again. I can understand making a lemon but when you work it all the way up to the factory rep and he tells you it was a bad design and there is nothing they can do about it then I take it personal. I was 19 years old at the time and was making $3.65 an hour making those payment on a 1984 Pontiac Firebird. That car took every penny I had. I told the GM rep that this is the last car I would ever buy from GM and he just smiled at me. Well I buy a new car every 2 years so that is 13 cars I have bought and 0 have been GM. I knew they would go belly up someday and they did.
    Took the wifes 2010 Escape XLT 2.5 6spd auto/4WD into the dealer about 2 weeks ago for the transmission shifting issue. I was told by the service rep there was "another" re-programming notice issued by Ford. So, they re-programmed and topped off the fluid. So far so good. I have driven the Escape myself around town, back and forth to work a few times just to see if I could feel the hard shifts between 2nd/3rd, nothing felt. It actually feels smoother when shifting. So, for now I am satisfied. Wife and I really like this vehicle. This is our 3rd Escape and the other 2 were reliable, solid vehicles. :)
    A fellow stopped me on the street the other day telling me he was lookingto buy a 2011 Escape. He asked me what I thought of the Escape... I told him I wished I had never purchased mine and that he would be better off to steer clear of the Escape. I also referred him to this forum if he wanted to find out what other people are saying about the escape. He thanked me and told me he was going to consider something else.
    Hate to tell you.. If this guy does any sort of research he will see overall the Escape is pretty reliable.. ;)
    Actually, this is the only forum I have found with ANY negative comments on the Escape at all. Every car line has a few lemons in it.
    The car is not a lemon, but it is such a pain in the butt when you try dealing with a ford dealership or ford directly and the answer is "thats the way it is". its like they dont give a damn about the annoying noise, and it has been ongoing since 2009. Could they figure it out, I think they could but they don't care.
    Well good news (I think). A new TSB was issued on July 22 to fix the hoot in the transmission. TSB11-7-23 says that a snubber installed and incorporated with the fluid reservoir. This is like a soap opera, so I'm not sure if it will work. The service dept has ordered the part and hoepefully this will be the fix needed to get rid of this annoying noise.
  • duckyellowduckyellow Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Another reason to snub the so called "domestics" (which only assemble things, not make them)

and go for Japanese cars that run 500k

For the record I still drive my 2001 Mustang. Decent car but Ford are jerks to deal with in all respects. Slow, dimwitted and just plain frustrating. Been looking and I like some of the domestic cars but these days it seems it little problem after little problem with no resolution. Life is to short for that nonsense.

I want to drive my car not sit in the dealership waiting room sipping on JB coffee and listening to some fat union tard give excuses.

Everytime I get my oil changed I see people arguing with Ford. My Mustang was great except for tie rods - which were a knows issue to ford but they wouldnt replae them until they broke one by one. After warranty with 26000 km's on the car. 3 years has passed see and I was out of luck. But its a know issue I said ... "tuff luck" they said. So now when they try to sell me a car I can look them in the eye and say "tough luck"

Its actually painfull to listen to car salesmen. I love how they've never heard of issues with anythign they sell. You can take a binder full of recals with you and they will still say they've never heard of it. We seriously have to pass laws in Canada about false representation and disclosure. If I buy in the States I am covered by "lemon law". If the same problem arises 3x the law makes them buy the car back. In Canada we only have arbitration. Not the same thing at all. If Harper stops giving away $ to haiti and Somalia maybe he can pay attention to the lies people are getting away with and pass just one law.
  • bdymentbdyment Posts: 549
    It is highly unlikely that Prime Minister Harper will get involved with your complaints of Ford dealers, regardless if we donate monies to Haiti, Somalia or to any country or not.