Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Frontier Real World MPG Numbers

13»

Comments

• bruntebrunte Posts: 4
    This is how I "calculate" MGP: I read the figures from the display. (Occasionally I verify by actual calculation; 1. Fill up and reset trip meter. 2. Drive until tank is close to empty. 3. Fill up again, read the trip meter - divide that reading with the amount of gallons you had to fill your tank with to get it back to full) The actual calculation quite often shows 1 or 2 MPG less than the on-board computer tells you,,,,, go figure.
    By the way - sold the -07 Frontier @ 40,000 miles, missed so I got a -12 back half a year ago. Only 2200 miles on the odometer. Drove some 100 miles yesterday in the hills of the Ozarks, at legal speeds or slightly below - computer reading 23.1 MPG
  • I loved my 96 Tacoma 4x4 but the wife and kids said it was not safe anymore and to get rid of it..i tried to buy a new Tacoma but the prices are outrageous....i bought a 2012 frontier for a few thousand less than the Tacoma...i did not research the gas mileage...i love the power of the 260 hp engine...feel real confident it can get me out of trouble on the highway..just routine driving i may touch 16 mpg which is just the suggested average between city and highway..i only have 2800 miles on the truck and i hope i get a little better gas milage in the future !
  • ballinfurballinfur Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Real world gas mileage not even close to what Nissan advertised. I get 13.4 mpg city & 17 mpg highway @60 mph. This lil truck guzzles more gas than a V8. (WTF NISSAN) My truck has 44K on it. Premium or Regular gas don't make no difference other than the price. Do not buy this truck based on mpg, cause it sux! Get a V8 any full size V8 gets better or the same; besides you'll get more truck for the amount of money you'll spend on GAS! I'm gonna try n sell my or trade it in for a Chevy Silverado or GMC Sierra.
  • jewillmjewillm Posts: 9
    I started this post a while back because I was thinking of trading my Hemi Ram quad cab 4X4 on the Frontier. I still have the Ram which now has 150,000 miles on it and still going strong. The truck is averaging right at 17.0 MPG, driving back and forth to work. It gets over 20 on the highway at 70 MPH. No problems with it at all and it still has the original battery in it.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I drive 105 miles a day, round trip. 101 of it is interstate highway (65-75mph). With A/C on, I average about 27.5mpg by calculating it by hand (miles driven / gallons pumped). Not bad!

The truck has 115,000 miles on it. I wish it had a tachometer; I'd love to know what the RPMs run at 70mph.
13»