Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6- Water leak

I have an 05 Pontiac 4dr G6 GT Everytime it rains rain seems to leak onto the drivers side floor. It is coming from the side panel under the dash and I cannot seem to find the original source, it has become very frustrating. Anyone had a similar problem?

Comments

• I have the same year, and GT model. I just bought it and discovered the problem as well. I can't figure it out. I plan on taking it in to see if the dealership can figure it out, if I find out first or if you or someone else can figure out how that water is coming in from under the dash first please let me know. Thanks!!!
  • I also have an 05 Pontiac 4dr G6 sedan and it leaks on passenger side and goes into back floorboard on passenger side..... Dealer replaced drain hose in sunroof and says this will fix problem.... I they are correct ...... The headliner and passenger seat showed no signs of leaking.... was still in warranty by 200 miles..... I Hope the dealer repair guys know what they are doing ...... dale_littrell@yahoo.com
  • I also have an 05 Pontiac 4dr G6 sedan and it leaks on passenger side and goes into back floorboard on passenger side..... Dealer replaced drain hose in sunroof and says this will fix problem.... I hope they are correct ...... The headliner and passenger seat showed no signs of leaking.... was still in warranty by 200 miles..... I Hope the dealer repair guys know what they are doing ...... dale_littrell@yahoo.com
  • gtpracergtpracer Posts: 1
    i had the same problem out of my 2006 GTP there is a factory notice that went out to all dealerships it was a problem that was fixed in 07 the drain lines are too short they have to replace them with longer lines this repair will cost you nothing it is just like a recall take it to your local dealer and have it fixed
  • I had similar leak on drivers side about 2 weeks ago. Water got into computer electronics and car barely would run. Also drivers side floor was soaked. Had it towed to dealer. They said it was water coming from the sun roof coming down the channel into a damaged grommet on the door light switch. Car is under extended warranty and yet they still charged me $290! Said its not covered. I've lodged a complaint with the dealer and waiting for a response. I see this is an on-going problem.
  • busirisbusiris Posts: 3,448
    Car is under extended warranty and yet they still charged me $290! Said its not covered.

Sounds like you got screwed.....
  • Water leaks from headliner (dearler haven't fixed the problem yet) Out of warranty I ahev to pay for that as well as rental car.

Purchased car 4mths ago, problems noticed within the first 30 days...
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,704
    Well, you would think the dealer would know about the issue, considering the car was on the lot, and more than likely it rained. So, perhaps their hiding something. ??
  • ralkaralka Posts: 72
    what year G 6 ?
    it is a very common problem. leaks down the panels on the rear side windows, or water in the headliner. what area are you?
    do you want to fix it yourself ?
  • Yes...I still have an extended warranty but, I can not afford to pay for a rental car knowing that they will hold my car longer than needed as well as they can not seem to fix this problem...The Service center told the dealer to put me in another car...Because they can not fix the problem.....
    are you still having leak problems?
  • I have been reading your posts are the drain hose avaibile to be purchased? My car is out of warranty by time not milage.
    you don't need to replace the rear tubes they can be moved to accommodate
    they only need to be replaced if there is a physical problem with them, bent broken etc...
  • ajay5ajay5 Posts: 10
    My 06 coupe leaked more than once. The first time dealer said hose(sunroof drain) was loose. Second time it started leaking again the same time I got the repair campaign letter. It just started leaking again at 44,000 miles. I have the GMPP but the claim was denied because water leaks aren't covered. I was able to argue that the repair under the campaign must have been faulty and the service writer at my dealer got the repair covered. It was aggravating and I know if it leaks again they won't cover it.
    g m is tough to deal with after warranty. and the dealer doesn't want to eat the repairs. Especially with all the financial issues right now.
  • 2005 PONTIAC G6 SUNROOF LEAKING WHEN IT RAIN OR WHEN I WASH MY CAR ON TOP OF THE SUNROOF CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WERE TO GO IM HERE IN FORTLAUDERDALE FLORIDA I OWN THECAR SINCE 6 MONTHS AND SUNROOF DOSENT EVEN OPEN THE LEAK IS REALLY BAD PLEASE HELP WHEN IT RAIN MY PASSENGER SIDE BE WET LIKE A PUDDLE AND MY BACK FLOOR AND WATER JUST BE LEAKING WHEN I COME TO A HARD STOP ON BRAKES PLEASE HELP ANYONE EVERYONE THANK YOU :cry: :(
  • yea were are having the same problem just that its on my passenger side did you ever get any one to look at it i have 2005 pontiac g6
  • tricia14tricia14 Posts: 3
    I actually took my car to the dealership and it was one of the drains from the moonroof , when I took it in the mileage was under 36000 miles and was covered under warranty. Good luck!