Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6- Water leak

Comments

• Hapdawg42,

Are you planning on working with a dealership towards resolving this concern? Please let us know if we may be of assistance by sending us an email with more information.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • cola2cola2 Posts: 4
    Thanks, this will be our last GM car we own
  • Hello Cola2,

We can look into this further. Please email us the last 8 digits of your VIN and your name/username.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Sarah,
    Yes my wife is going to dealership tomorrow trying to get it fix with the extended warranty. Do you know if this will get covered?

Thanks
    I will get the VIN # when I get a hold of my wife. What user name are you referring too?

Thanks so much
  • Username for Edmunds - just to make sure we can link up any records there with your posts here.

We'll be able to tell you for sure about warranty coverage when we can pull open the information with the VIN.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I also have a 2005 pontiac g6 and the leak appeared a couple months ago and has gotten worse. my floorboards are soaked with all the rain we got the last couple days. Is this a problem someone can fix theirself? you would think the would be a recal since so many people have the same problem. I also have the extended warrenty
  • Jjsteele94,

Am I right in that you have a GMPP? Which one do you have?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 874
    My GMPP booklet states water leaks are not covered, I have Major Guard.
  • Can you help with advice on water behind the drivers seat floor due to outside rain, coming from a different source than the side door?

Do I need to give my VIN in order to help you identify my specific car and any solutions to the problem? I would be happy to provide this number if it would help.

Thanks!
  • Kmheitkamp,

Thank you for posting. Yes, please go ahead and email the VIN our way and we'll investigate further.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have been experiencing water in the rear passenger floor and it seems to only occur after it has rained. I had a body shop check it out and all door seals are good, no sun roof, and I had a mechanic check the AC drain. All seems to be good but I get a bunch of water in the car when it rains. I shop vac the car out each time it rains and now I have a fan running on it to help dry. I wish a design engineer would figure this out. I see lots of people going to dealers to get checked out but I have not seen 1 solution to the problems discussed. Please help! Thanks...
  • My VIN is 1G2Z6528454124344. I appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks!
  • Thank you for that information. I didn't see any open recalls associated to your vehicle at this time. If you would like to open a Customer Assistance case with us, please email us and we'd be happy to get that set up (we'd need contact information and the name of your preferred dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • edsundquistedsundquist Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I also have had the same problem with the moonroof drain leaking. We too could smell the wet, mildew-y upholstery, brought it to dealership i bought it from not even 2 weeks after we got it home and they said they fixed it. And I know they didnt' take seats or even headliner down. That is ridiculous that all these people are having the EXACT same problem. I also have seen MANY forums about the radiator going bad on G6's, mine included! Best part is the dealership wont go good for any repairs!!!!!!! The worst part of this problem is this will be the LAST Pontiac I will EVER purchase. Oh yeah, and the vehicle had about 55k miles on it!
  • I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with this concern. Have you already worked with Customer Assistance?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hi Sarah, I live in Dartmouth Nova Scotia, can you help me with warranty/recall isssues or point me to someone who can? I'm scared to death with seeing all the issues others are having with the truck....I really love the truck but...was there a recall on the heads? Thanks..
  • I have the same problem. 2005 Pontiac G6. When it rains, the water leaks in on both passenger side floorboards. The water fills up the panel on the exterior side beneath the glove compartment and comes out the joint. It's also been filling up the panel between the passenger doors and coming out that joint. Today it was nearly an inch deep in the front floorboard and I've lost count how many times I've had to shopvac the water out. I've owned the car since 2006 and the problem just started this fall. Mine also leaks from the light fixture near the rearview mirror but that's just a few drops, never enough to contribute to the floorboard water that I've seen. I've also developed an electrical short in the power outlets since this started. I don't know if it's related to the water or not but it never happened before. The fuse (located in the trunk fuse box) was blown and when I went to replace it, it sparked and promptly blew the new fuse. All of this is very frustrating. Obviously I'm not the only one! Would love to know if anyone has had any luck getting it fixed. I read through many of the previous posts but it didn't seem many people were having any luck. My car is well out of the warranty period.....156,000 miles and counting!
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 874
    If you have a sun roof , the hoses are not connected, needs to be repaired.
  • Seems like his a popular issue. I also have the same problem with my 2009 pontiac G6 the back passenger door leaks also my door has a small leak as well. This should have been recalled if the issue is so popular. SO their is no warranty for this issue? I am setting up my appointment today to get this fixed. The smell is terrible when the inside gets wet luckily I live in TX and rain is rare.
  • Canyon08,

I apologize for the last response! Sometimes the tool we use to check on the forums is a bit slow, or will overlook posts entirely. I am sorry that yours fell into that camp, but am happy to help now. We can certainly check into your vehicle's warranty information and to see if there are any open recalls on your VIN if you were to email us the last 8 digits. GM of Canada is also available to you for further assistance at 800-263-3777.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Is your appointment with one of our GM dealerships? If so, we're available to follow up with you on that. Please let us know more details in an email.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Oh man, preaching to the choir. I am the second owner of this 2005 G6. Bought it in 2007 with 22k miles. Replaced a front bearing, back rotors (due to excessive rust), radio, and a sun roof water leak in 2008, while it was just finishing the warranty. The leak was from a drain tube coming unattached. The radio was just past warranty, so GM would do nothing about a 4 year old radio dying, and trust me, I let the rep know exactly how I felt about that one. I believe that the excess moisture in the car from the leak helped the stereo's demise.

Paint is chipping off of the grill and it looks like crap. Replaced the blower motor in 2009. Replaced rear calipers and rotors last week. And have a flooded back seat, like in 2009, again today. The gas milage has always been poor, never passed 30mpg, even on 12 hour highway road trips. Low quality interior features, such as the door lock button paint flaking off, and a funky treatment on the cloth seats that shows up white and gross looking after any minor moisture, such as a wet umbrella touches it.

I just rolled over 80k this week, and I baby my cars. Almost all of my miles are highway, no abuse, regular oil changes and inspections. I've been a life long Pontiac owner and bought this car with the intention of keeping it for a very long time, like the Bonneville that it replaced with over 450k miles and still getting over 32mpg. I will never own another Pontiac after dealing with this sh*%$ G6. The saving grace is that for some reason the bluebook on this car is sort of high, especially for what a piece of crap it is. for a 80k milage good condition G6, bluebook is $7600. My goal and advice for other G6 owners is to try to unload this car on some other sucker who is willing to "buy American" and can deal with this money pit. I'm so over it.
  • I have taken the vehicle to a certfied service center and I was asked to pay 420$ for labor to fix the drainage issue that seems to be a constant problem. It seems that the drainage lines seem to come unattatatched and to reattatch them it is super costly. If this is such a popular issue why is GM not issuing help with this problem. Quality has not become a priority. I can give you my vehicle information if this can help me or anyone else in any way. I can be contacted by email at padilla727@yahoo.com.
  • I would like to open a Customer Assistance case with you. I looked up dealerships in my area and found two which are listed under the GM site. I don't have a strong preference between the two dealerships.

1. GROSSINGER AUTOPLEX
    6900 MCCORMICK BLVD
    LINCOLNWOOD, IL 60712-2775
    Phone: (847) 675-8300
    Fax: (847) 674-9097

2. ROGERS AUTO GROUP
    2720 S MICHIGAN AVE
    CHICAGO, IL 60616-2819
    Phone: (312) 225-4300

Thank you for your help and assistance. I appreciate it!
  • Sarah to who and where should I address the email in regards to my concern with these leaking tubes?
  • Good morning,
    Sounds great! Could you please send us an email with your name/username, contact information (phone and address please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage? My coworker Christina, who responds to most of the Edmunds emails, will be sure to get your case set up and advise you of the next steps.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Good morning lucylou,
    I am sorry - the search tool I generally use for posts didn't seem to catch your previous response.
    Please use the email address located in my Edmunds profile. Your email will be sent into our database here, and you will hear back from my coworker Christina (who will use an @gm.com email address).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • It poured down rain yesterday morning I went to get into my car 2007 G6 after work and my inside windows were completly fogged up. I had twice before had problems with my back passenger side floor getting wet and couldnt figure out how, no one is ever back there. Turns out I checked this yesterday as I was sitting waiting for my windows to de fog and there was 2 inches of standing water in my back floorboard. I have had this car 3 yrs with no water problems before. I called the dealership they said it would be $78.00 a hour to find the problem. Any suggestions?
  • Dawnmanns,
    I understand your hesitance to spend money on the diagnostic fee without any guaranty of assistance. A diagnosis is an important part in determining the nature of the concern, and it also helps to determine the estimated cost of repairs. Even through Customer Assistance, our first step is to have our customers go in for a diagnosis by one of our dealerships (which, if you would like to work with us towards diagnosing and resolving the leak, please get in touch via email).

I realize that there are very car savvy posters here on the forums, and hope you are able to get some good advice. Please keep us posted!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service