Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G6- Water leak

Comments

• Sarah,
    I emailed you this morning before I posted on the forum but havent heard back from you thru the email. Please let me know if you need any information from me. thank you
  • Good morning,
    Great! My coworker Christina handles a bulk of the emails that come in from the forum, and so should be responding to your email before the weekend. Thanks for giving us the chance to work through this with you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • lego78lego78 Posts: 4
    I too,have been having major leakage. First it was though the front of my car, but now my whole back seat is wet! It smells quite musty during the spring when it is drying out, but it is getting worse. It seems like there have been a lot of people with this same problem.When is GM going to address this? I live in CA, and the prices from the dealerships just to look at it would cost me an arm and leg. Please advise on anything that I can do to resolve this? Thank you.
  • All,
    As there are so many experiencing these leaks, I am going to be documenting this thread for the consideration of my supervisors. In the meantime, if we can get a Service Request set up for anybody experiencing this concern, please send us an email with your name/Edmunds username, address and phone, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. We'll move forward from there!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • My 2006 G6 GT has been leaking as well. Email sent. I hope we can get this fixed at little cost to us.
  • Good morning, Kate,
    Thanks for getting that information to me, but as this forum is public it may be a good idea to remove your post as it contains such personal information. Please look for an email from us shortly.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • stephanieostephanieo Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I am taking mine in tomorrow. Is it covered under warranty?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    I removed the post.

Folks, PLEASE don't post personal contact info, particularly phone numbers, in any publicly-accessible forum. You're exposing yourself to getting unwanted phone calls, from whomever, at any time of the day or night.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• We can get you warranty parameters on your vehicle if you would please send us the last 8 digits of your VIN to the email listed in my profile.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I AM HAVING HORRIBLE WATER LEAKAGE PROBLEMS. THE FIRST ONE COST A FEW THOUSAND TO REPLACE THE WHOLE INSIDE FROM MOLD. NOW 4 MONTHS LATER IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN. PLEASE HELP!
  • Good morning dtrostle,

I saw your email come in; if she hasn't already, my coworker Christina will be responding to you shortly to advise you further.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have an '07 Pontiac G6 GT. The water is leaking out of the dome light. It has 35,000 miles on it and I have paid for the extended warranty. But the dealership said that this is not covered under the warranty. (I wonder if it is on a Toyota?). They also said for $70 buck they could do a water test. Hello! water test was done when it rained! Conclusion?.....Water leaks from the dome light. There! I just saved $70. But I still need the leak fixed. I have read a few other complaints about this. How many are needed for a recall? What do I do?
  • I'm sorry about the leak you are experiencing in your G6. If you would like to work with Customer Service, please send us an email at the address located in my profile here on Edmunds (please include your name/Edmunds username, your phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership). We would be working alongside you with your dealership towards hopefully resolving this concern.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 872
    If you have a sun roof, the hoses are off, GMPP does not cover water leaks.
    I have been in contact with GM directly and they are going to look into this for me. I had mine diagnoised today, and the right side front and bank drain tubes became disconnected. It sounds like this is the common problem, considering my front and back seats got soaking wet. They told me that they would have to remove the liner, and reconnect. I am thinking they should hopefully replace the liner as well, because im sure there is mold in it now.
    I hope they use the extension kit, and not just reconnect, if they do they will come off again.
    Well that is what they did. My dealership was really nice about doing that for me, however, I will make sure to watch out for that. Would you happen to know how much those extension kits are?
  • Hello,

I recently purchased a 2009 Pontiac G6 Coupe and today it is full of water from the rain. I am waiting for the dealwer to call me back and so I googled my car and found all of these upset people with the same problem.

I saw your post above RE:

"please send us an email with your name/Edmunds username, address and phone, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. We'll move forward from there!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service "

What email should I use? Please help me?

Thank you so much,

sincerely Janette
  • Hello, In you post you said "email sent". Could you please tell me what email address you used?
    Thank you so much :)
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Hello Janette,

You can email us at socialmedia@gm.com

We look forward to hearing from you!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hard to believe the 09 is having water issues after being reported in 05.
  • waelgwaelg Posts: 3
    anyone got a resolution for the water leak issue? yesterday's rain was the trigger.. now the whole back seat is wet...unlike some of the posts up ..my dealership has been nothing but horrible...it took them two years to fix my tire sensor.. i am dreading the idea of having to go back to the same dealership..
  • jedagrjedagr Posts: 2
    I'm with you, I could not stomach having to go to the dealership. I took mine to a body shop I've used several times in the past. They charged me about $160 to clean (or replace) and reattach all 4 drain hoses around the sunroof and were done in about 2 hours. With so many of us on here with the same problem, you would think at some point there would be a recall or something but when the body shop gave me the estimate I decided I would rather pay that than go through the hassle of a dealership! Good luck.
    it is worse than going to the dentist...but have to give them a chance, you never know, but still curious to know if anyone got an actual resolution or just a run around.
    Good morning waelg,

I'm sorry to read about the unsatisfactory experience you've had with your dealership. If we can be of any assistance (checking into recall/warranty information on your vehicle, documenting a complaint about a dealership, assisting in working with your current dealer or helping you find a new one), please let us know!

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Sarah,

i sent the information requested before in this thread to socialmedia@gm.com.

Not sure if that would be the correct email to use.

Thanks
    That's correct, waelg.

My coworker Christina responds to incoming emails from the forum, and should be back with you within a business day or so. If you don't hear anything back, please let me know and I will follow up with her to make sure it came through.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hello,

I am having the same issue with my car. The sunroof leaks and the seat belts are getting wet. I bought the car in 2009 the issue started about 6 months ago. Would I be convreed under some type of warrenty? :( :(
  • Hello everyone,

I can see everyone is having the same issue. I have taken my car in to a shop and they wanted to replace my entire sunroof an motor. I feel this is to the extreme!!! I own a g6 gtp coupe and when it rains both sides of the car leak in the inside and the seat belts get wet. I bought the car in 2009 and this is now an issue. Is this somethign I can fix at home? Can anyone help?

Lisa :(
    Hey rockstr24,

If you wanted to email us the last 8 of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com, we can check to see what warranties/recalls are in effect on your vehicle. Please include that you're looking for warranty/recall information in the email as sometimes it's difficult to match incoming emails to posts on the forum.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service