Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cobalt Transmission Issues

124»

Comments

• My tranny repair was covered under the 5y/100k power train warranty. If you have ongoing records with your dealership, they may still cover the valve replacement inside the tranny. My dealership worked on my tranny 3 times before they got it right.
  • smchsmch Posts: 1

Well, looks like this is a common problem for Chevrolet Cobalts. I have the same problem with my 2010 Cobalt Vin # 1G1AD5F56A7167702. It is now 68K miles but it started with the revolutions jumping up and down when driving between 35 and 40 MPH more than a year ago. It was probably 58K miles by then. I took the car to Tires Plus for a checkup and they didn’t know what he problem was since no lights or codes were on showing any problem. They suggested to clean the injectors and I did without improving the problem. A few weeks ago I took the car to the Chevrolet Starling Dealer in Kissimmee, FL because the “engine light “ was on so I thought that was the revolutions problem showing up.
    They said the Code that showed up was PO300 misfire detected and PO301 Cylinder 1 misfire detected. So they repaired the cylinder, the exhausted valves, installed new head gasket . The warranty covered the repair. As soon as I got off the dealer the revolutions started shifting up and down again, so that was not related with the engine light on. I asked for another appointment and they said that it could be electrical or the transmission but I needed to pay either check up because no light is on to go under warranty. So here I am, with a car not driving well and no way to repair until another light comes up.
    I’m very disappointed with the car, for sure, will never buy a Chevrolet again and would not recommend to anyone. Maybe they are good on trucks but not in cars. The Chevrolet should make a recall if this is happening so often in this model. Not fair that we paid for a good car and we got it with fabric defects.
    If someone in Chevrolet can help before the warranty expires, would appreciate, so at least I can sell it in good shape and not pass the lemon to another person.

• smittydogsmittydog Posts: 3
    Did you ever get the problem resolved? Dealership is giving me the run around. Saying thsts just how they shift and i should try to get throught the shift points faster. Hard to do if speed limit is 35,45 and at 55. Guess i can be a granpa driver just at 30 ,40 or 50.
  • Has anyone had their Cobalt transmission problem fixed? I have been taking mine to different dealers theing to get mine fixed. I hear the same thing from them, they cant find the problem and have never heard of a problem with the Cobalt. I bought an older, more reliable car becuase i dont feel the Cobalt is safe at all.
  • Hey all I was wondering if anyone can tell me what's up with my 2006 colbalt. I've had people look at it and Noone is sure what's wrong. It likes to jerk going down the road. No leaks or anything like that. It don't do it all the time. Some days it don't do it at all. Other days might jerk once or twice. Then some days jerk alot. I don't get it. Any ideas?
124»