Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Acura TSX

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,703
    I would not be worried, as my mothers 08 Jetta does the same thing. She will start the car, and it will sound like she is pushing on the pedal. only lasts about 15-20 seconds. Other VW Jetta's have done this on their lot too. I am assuming this is a way to get the engine warmer faster. The Acura apparently has taken this feature into their models as well. I also would assume it helps the engine, that they the would put this option on their cars.

I would still ask the dealer about the feature to atleast see what it is called.
    It does this every time she starts the car. Normal.

I am a little suprised no one else has said anything about this.... Anyone else have this on their new 09 TSX.
  • My 09 TSX has the same issue too, but I do not worry about it. Most car in winter does similar thing.

I feel the transition with light throttle from first gear to second gear is not that smooth, I can feel it, does any one else feel that?
    I really want a TSX! It looks like alot of fun! It sorta reminds me of a Jetta.
    I am really thinking of leasing one instead of the Accord. Because this would be even more fun.
  • tanliztanliz Posts: 1
    Traded my 06 TSX for the 09 and was the worst mistake I could have made. The 09 feels cheap, handles poorly, makes a wheezy noise going up hills and shifting feels sloppy. Mine also has an odometer problem that nobody can get to the bottom of. I have complained to Acura and they twisted my words to say that I love the car and am dissatisfied with the dealer when the exact opposite is true. Total piece of junk. My second and last Acura purchase. I cannot wait to get rid of this car.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    almost traded my 06 tsx in for the 09 model but decided not too. I love my 06, bought new 11/17/06. It now has 63,523 problem free miles. Still has the original OEM tires but will be replaced before xmas. The last time I was at dealer for service on 9/22 they told me under ideal conditions my tires would last to at least 70,000 miles. I get them rotated and balanced every 6,000 miles and check the tire pressure regularly.
    I will take over your TSX. I want a honda Product back...lol Even with your issue. I love Hondas.
  • kcelliskcellis Posts: 18
    We bought a '08 TSX about four months ago and LOVE it !!!

The only problem we have is ... the front leather seats have started to wear abnormally. This has occurred on both front seats. On the side upper panel closest to the door.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything like this??

Thanks!
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    I had the seat covering replaced by the dealer under warranty due to a defect.
  • gvbgvb Posts: 36
    I read (believe it was in the TL forum) that the TSX is slated to have an optional 6 cylindar engine starting in 2010. Any truth to this? Given the new TSX's much sportier look than the '09 TL, I would think the TSX will take over as the most popular sold vehicle among the Acura line. Would be interested to know if there's any truth to this.
    Well I think the new TSX is a hot looking car. I love it! I am really wanting this car over the accord. If they honestly put in a 6cyl, that would amazing, though, I am not sure I would buy the 6. The 4 would be good enough for me, with the new paddleshifters.

I plan on getting this car with the tech package. I love the seats in the car, they are quite sporty, and the interior looks really upscale. The car reminds me of the Jetta, it has that whole zoom zoom vibe to it.
  • A Jetta? have you ever seen a Jetta?
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    The only engine option to be added will be the diesel. If you've seen past/current trends and know the Honda philosophy you'd know rumors of a V6 in the TSX to be just that, rumors.
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    Any word on when the diesel will be available? I'm ready to buy.
  • drtraveldrtravel Posts: 395
    better chance of a turbo engine than diesel IMHO.
    Honda has already confirmed the addition of the diesel for MY10 - the only question is when. I'd guess late in 09 during the regular MY change over. Details should come out during the car show circuit about to get under way.
  • drtraveldrtravel Posts: 395
    I stand corrected - wonder how much power and how much better gas mileage it will get. All we can do now is speculate.
    I assume close to the Euro Accord diesel numbers - somewhere around 35MPG combined. The EU diesel is rated at 148HP and 258lbft of torque. The mileage will depend on how they change the tuning of the engine for the US (probably for more power) and if the extra smog controls hurts mileage.
  • rihoopsrihoops Posts: 91
    A friend of mine was told by an Acura GM that he expected the Diesels to be here by Spring.
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    Great news for those of us who need the economy, but are scared of VW quality & maintenance costs. I'm driving 55,000 miles a year and a reliable diesel will save me a couple hundred bucks a month.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    Well that plan has been scrapped for now. The Manual passed emissions but the Auto model has failed for some reason. So they felt that by not having an auto version sales would be compromised. They should just offer it with a manual anyways. So far it may be canceled or delayed indefinitely.