Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Acura TSX

Comments

• sbrodiesbrodie Posts: 13
    I need to get to the antenna plug, behind the radio so I can plug in a Y cable. Will I be able to do this w/o removing the radio?. If not, how difficult is that removal. I watched someone do it once, when they were repairing my CD changer, but I don't recall what they had to do.
  • liz15liz15 Posts: 24
    My Subaru lease is up this month and I am thinking of leasing a TSX. My only concern is how the car does in the snow?
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,244
    My only concern is how the car does in the snow?

Depending on where you live, you may want to put on dedicated snow tires (on all four corners). The TSX will do fine. It may not start going so quickly as your AWD vehicle, but it'll steer & stop the same.

Don't drink (all of) the AWD Kool-Aid.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    depends on how well you can drive in the snow. You should not have problems unless it is icy roads-nothing is good on them-just slow down
  • gregd1gregd1 Posts: 38
    Anyone know why Acura removed the touch screen Nav in the 2009 TSX? Were there lots of problems?

Also, what do people think of the new head rests in the 2009 TSX? They seem to have the Volvo headrests. Am I the only person that finds that kind of headrests gives you a neck cramp?

Would anyone buy a used 2008 TSX because of these issues? What would people expect to pay for one like this:
    http://acura.rizzacars.com/vehicleDisplay.php?carID=25552#js
    2008 tsx Mileage 9,872

What would people pay for a new 2008 TSX with nav? Such as this one:
    http://www.paulyacura.com/VehicleDetails/906308424
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi there. For pricing, you'll want to look at what others are talking about in the TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion. You can get good ideas of what others are paying over there.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Anyone know why Acura removed the touch screen Nav in the 2009 TSX? Were there lots of problems?

Cost and long term reliability. Touch screens are more expensive and more prone to fail than non-touch screens. It's not just Honda, but all automakers are going away from touch screens. Another perhaps minor reason: software development - probably cheaper, more flexible and portable writing software for a non touch screen.
  • liz15liz15 Posts: 24
    Noticed that I have to go very slow while going down driveway incline or front end bottom will hit concrete. Anyone else have this problem. Also, noticed the under of the front end is scratched from this, will this get worse with time.. should I repair?
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    It is a common problem with all cars with a front air dam, and sporty cars in particular. No much you can do except approach steep driveway inclines slowly and/or at an angle. If the scratches are not that noticeable (and they shouldn't be unless you got down on your hands and knees to look for them), I would just leave it, since it won't do any harm.
    If you go to either the tsx club or acurazine website you will read how other tsx owners consider them 4 x 4's. They lower them. I love it the way it is.
  • jk894jk894 Posts: 5
    Does anyone use non-premium fuel (lower than 91 octane) and what has been your experience? I just bought an 09 TSX and was wondering what fuel I should use.

My previous car was an 01 Passat that also called for premium but based on the advice of other owners I used 89 octane and the car served me well for 115,000 miles.
    I use 87 octane gas in my 06 6MT tsx. It has more than enough power and performance IMO- My car, bought new 11/06, has almost 87,000 problem free miles. Replaced the OEM tires at 74,000 miles, but still with the original brakes and battery.
  • I was test driving a TSX the other day and the dealer said that Acura officially has they do not require/recommend this anymore on the new TSX's. Sorry, I cannot remember whether his said require or recommend. So I will just use them simultaneously.

My first question was: Is this in the instruction manual? His response "I dont think so in the 09's, but it may be in the 2010's manual. I haven't checked yet. But we did get a press release from Acura saying 'they no longer recommend/require premium fuel in the TSX's'"

Anyways, I've been trying to find this "press release" online that shows this. Has anyone seen this or can confirm it? I was still planning to put premium fuel in the car, but if Acura has officialy stopped recommending/requiring it, I would reconsider.
    I do not know but I use regular gas in my 06tsx. I do not tow, race or drive on hilly mountains. I have excellent gas mileage, with no loss in power or performance. My car, bought new 11.17.06, has 89,000+problem free miles. I have all service done by a acura dealer.
  • joey660joey660 Posts: 4
    Yes I noticed the same problem. I also own a 2004 TL it hits the driveway as well when I back straight out. I have learned to turn the stering wheel hard to the right or left. That way I am backing out on an angle. That solves the problem. I've had the TL for over five years and I don't see any longterm problems. ? why they had to make that pannel so it hangs so low.
  • bailbail Posts: 1
    2009 tsx I have the rubbing grinding noise when i turn the steering wheel side to side at low speeds anybody know the reason for this problem.? this is 3 months after acura replaced my rack n pinion steering unit because the steering would occasionally get hung up in long s corners .4500 miles on car
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,954
    The only engine option to be added will be the diesel. If you've seen past/current trends and know the Honda philosophy you'd know rumors of a V6 in the TSX to be just that, rumors.

Looks like you really knew what you were talking about.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    biker4 posted that comment last year when gas prices had spiked to over $4.00 per gallon and there was mass hysteria in the media.

At the time, it was a very reasonable and likely accurate prediction of Honda's strategy.

And really, do you need to come here trolling through old posts just to be a hater?
    If I was a hater I would have also mentioned that you had made a very similar comment back then and questioned other's sources. No, I'm not trolling. I am researching a possible purchase of a TSX and was going through old posts to pick up on likes and dislikes of the 09 TSX which IS the subject of the thread.

I do agree that biker4 may have made a somewhat logical assumption but it certainly wasn't stated as such. I just notice it when someone is quick to correct other people when they themselves are just guessing.
    If you know something for sure by all means state it as fact but when you take a SWAG because of high gas prices and then act like an authority on the subject I just think you should be called on it. If it's just an opinion.....state so, don't insinuate others are crazy.
    There's no way to know anything for sure unless you work for Acura/Honda and even then upper management could change their minds all the time about some model (like the mess that is the NSX successor). So virtually anyone that posts anything on any car forum (related to upcoming models) is guessing and/or posing an opinion - some are just better than others. I certainly did not see the V6 happening and even now I don't see it selling in very high numbers. The decision to pull the diesel is somewhat short sided on Honda's part - the last/main reason they cited was economic - they couldn't offer the diesel at a low enough price. Based on the how well the TDI versions of VW cars are selling (with a large markup over the gas models) I think Honda made a mistake - which they may yet fix.

Biker, who opines on all car related issues based on historical knowledge and some research. :shades:
    From what I've read it seems a lot of people like the mpg of the 4 cyl but would like more low rev torgue. The diesel would provide a lot of both. The TSX seems to be a reasonably priced entry point to luxury brands without needing 300hp which is why I'm looking at it.

I don't understand Acura's thinking about adding the 6 either, nothing unique about that. VWs markup of about 2k for the TDI over the RUG Jetta really just covers the added expense of the D2 engine IMO. It seems to be quite a good deal and I think Acura could have done the same but with an even higher markup(due to the luxury brand mostly) to cover costs and even make some gravy.
    One thing to remember - the decision by Acura to pull the diesel happened right around the time when diesel was almost $1 more per gal than gas. Now that things have settled somewhat and VW is selling the TDI, Acura could be planning for the diesel - tho I'm not sure about 3 engine choices.
    Yeah, I'm not sure about the 3 engine choices here in the States but in Europe they have 5 or 6 choices sometimes so it can be done. I think the D2 BMWs might make Acura get off the dime on diesel as well as the success of the Jetta TDI. The Golf TDI is coming online as well and I think the Tiguan will get it too not that Acura really competes directly with VW but the fact that diesel in mainstream cars is becoming more common puts more pressure on them.
    would be nice to have a better choice in diesel vehicles- We have owned a 1976 Mercedes 300d, 1980 Volvo diesel, 1980 Mercedes 300TD, 1983 Mitsubishi Turbo-diesel truck, and a 1985 Volvo Turbo-diesel. Oh yes a chevy diesel truck (one big P.O.S)
  • I have had the vehicle one month and am very happy with it. true, it is a little different with the unusual nose on it and a little underpowered, but I like it. I have the base model. The buying experience at the dealership was not pleasant but the service dept is great. I traded in a '08 Accord V6 and, frankly, was happy to see it go. I like the TSX much more.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,244
    . . .'08 Accord V6 and, frankly, was happy to see it go. I like the TSX much more.

Tell us more.

Why?
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Yes, tell us more. How were you on the trade in value? I would love to have an Accord V6 or a TSX...lol, what was your reasoning? :)
  • My mom owns an 08 Accord V6 which I drive when I am visiting. I own a 06 tsx. First off-I prefre manual transmission- my car has memory seats, the controls for the trip computer are on the steering wheel. I find my seats to be more comfortable for long distance driving.
  • gpb59gpb59 Posts: 69
    does the 2009 base tsx come with the ipod interface?
  • I drove the Accord for a little over a year. It had 15 miles on it when delivered. The very first thing was the handling. Wobble in the front end, tires out of balance. Had about 1/2 dozen visits to dealership and there was no fix. They finally replaced the power steering pump. Still, the wobble (low speed, from a stop) persisted and the service tech said it was normal. The second problem was mileage and I didn't like the VCM. I had several V-6 Accords over the years, This was the worst one. Nice styling, an excellent road car but disappointing just the same. My TSX has none of these problems.
This discussion has been closed.