Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Acura TSX

Comments

• The rumor was correct and the new option for the TSX is indeed the 3.5L 280 hp engine from the TL. I was hoping for SH-AWD, but this new model might still be worth consideration.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,704
    Well, I don't think giving the TSX all the options as the new TL would be smart. That would cause some issues in sales. Which apparently they are already facing.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    No problem, just bump the TL MSRP up $3,000. ;)
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    A twist of irony is that they just announced a $3,000 rebate for the TL here in Canada! I guess they are having issues with sales, as bvdj84 said. ;)
  • The new base TL aside from looks and a few tech goodies is so close to the Accord EX-L V6 that it is really hard to justify the additional 5-6K in MSRP. So raising the price 3K will just have more potential buyers opting for the Accord. We are leasing the TSX over the Accord because my wife who is the primary driver of the car just wants something a little less boring and it actually works out to be less expensive because of the higher residual and slightly lower MF.
    I think the Accord EX-L V6 actually looks better than the base TL. The SH-AWD version, with the larger wheels and quad pipes, scores a few points for the TL. Of course, the TL interior looks better than the Accord's.
  • The TL SH-AWD would be a no-brainer for me if it looked like the TSX. I might even consider it if Acura tones down the grill to look more like that of the TSX.
  • liz15liz15 Posts: 24
    I am considering the 2009 TSX and have a question. Wondering about the cost of scheduled maintenance? I will be leasing for 39 months.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    I follow the oil life (maintenance minder) on my 06 tsx. When the oil life gets to 15% it will show service due soon and give a code (it explains them in the owner's manual. When the oil life gets to 5% it will show service due now. My tsx, bought new, 11/06, has 71,000 miles. I get all the service done by the dealer. The service included oil/filter changes, tire rotations/balances and cabin and pollen filter changes. It is not that overly expensive.
  • sbrodiesbrodie Posts: 13
    I need to get to the antenna plug, behind the radio so I can plug in a Y cable. Will I be able to do this w/o removing the radio?. If not, how difficult is that removal. I watched someone do it once, when they were repairing my CD changer, but I don't recall what they had to do.
    My Subaru lease is up this month and I am thinking of leasing a TSX. My only concern is how the car does in the snow?
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,211
    My only concern is how the car does in the snow?

Depending on where you live, you may want to put on dedicated snow tires (on all four corners). The TSX will do fine. It may not start going so quickly as your AWD vehicle, but it'll steer & stop the same.

Don't drink (all of) the AWD Kool-Aid.
    depends on how well you can drive in the snow. You should not have problems unless it is icy roads-nothing is good on them-just slow down
  • gregd1gregd1 Posts: 38
    Anyone know why Acura removed the touch screen Nav in the 2009 TSX? Were there lots of problems?

Also, what do people think of the new head rests in the 2009 TSX? They seem to have the Volvo headrests. Am I the only person that finds that kind of headrests gives you a neck cramp?

Would anyone buy a used 2008 TSX because of these issues? What would people expect to pay for one like this:
    http://acura.rizzacars.com/vehicleDisplay.php?carID=25552#js
    2008 tsx Mileage 9,872

What would people pay for a new 2008 TSX with nav? Such as this one:
    http://www.paulyacura.com/VehicleDetails/906308424
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi there. For pricing, you'll want to look at what others are talking about in the TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion. You can get good ideas of what others are paying over there.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Anyone know why Acura removed the touch screen Nav in the 2009 TSX? Were there lots of problems?

Cost and long term reliability. Touch screens are more expensive and more prone to fail than non-touch screens. It's not just Honda, but all automakers are going away from touch screens. Another perhaps minor reason: software development - probably cheaper, more flexible and portable writing software for a non touch screen.
    Noticed that I have to go very slow while going down driveway incline or front end bottom will hit concrete. Anyone else have this problem. Also, noticed the under of the front end is scratched from this, will this get worse with time.. should I repair?
    It is a common problem with all cars with a front air dam, and sporty cars in particular. No much you can do except approach steep driveway inclines slowly and/or at an angle. If the scratches are not that noticeable (and they shouldn't be unless you got down on your hands and knees to look for them), I would just leave it, since it won't do any harm.
    If you go to either the tsx club or acurazine website you will read how other tsx owners consider them 4 x 4's. They lower them. I love it the way it is.