Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave Leaks When It Rains

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    jcb005,
    I apologize for your frustrations. I am a GM Customer Service Representative. Can you please email me directly with your VIN, current mileage, contact information, and agent information if you have it? I can set up a case for you and will when you email me. I look forward to working with you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I had to go through the better business bureau. This is what I suggest you do.
  • I have a 2008 Enclave and in order to have this problem fixed the dealer essentially has to strip the inside of the car - no joke. If you need someone to verify that this is a genuine issue call Moore Buick in Los Gatos, CA. I took my Enclave there after the now defunct Capitol Buick in San Jose fixed only part of the problem and the car continued to leak, only not as badly. As the team at Moore in Los Gatos explained to me, they have to take out all of the headliner and more inside the car to seal all of the areas where water can get in. This is a major issue with 2008s only as I understand it, but a very real issue. I had water cascading down through my speakers on the right side of the windshield, and water all over the sunroof area. In fact, reach your hand up into the sunroof area - you will feel a huge puddle! This can cause dangerous mold that can harm your family. Good luck; you have to get a dealer who is committed to truly fixing this, because it is a major repair and a quick fix won't get it all.
  • Thank you. I just sent you an email directly.
  • Did they fix it once and for all??? And how long ago?? How much did they charge you??
  • What did the BBB do for you?? How did they handle this???
  • My husband said there was definitely a recall on this situation. He said to contact GM directly. Good Luck.
  • My repairs are going to cost me over $1,100. This is not right. This is over and above the usual wear and tear and should be covered by GMC. :sick:
  • Moore Buick in Los Gatos did fix it once and for all. I was under warranty and this was probably two years ago now. If you have to pay for your repair, ask your GM mechanic to talk to Moore Buick to make sure your mechanic knows of all of the areas that need to be sealed, because there are many! Sorry about your situation. What is otherwise a great vehicle is flawed by this issue.
  • My Enclave just filled with water. I had so much faith in this car. If GM doens't own up to it's design flaw. There will be no other GM cars in my family!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    I’m sorry to hear about the leaking concern with your Enclave. If we can be of any assistance (looking into warranty/recall information on your vehicle or helping you work with a dealer to resolve this issue) please contact Christina via the email on this forum.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hi, I also own a 2008 Enclave which is leaking from the sunroof. I am glad to have found this forum. How do I contact customer service in Canada to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance,
    Disappointed :cry:
  • Crlrglr,

You can reach GM of Canada by calling 800.263.3777 ; they are open for the following hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • drock6drock6 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I have a 2008 Enclave and have had it in to the dealership 3-4 times for water leaks over the last 2 years. Water has leaked in the front on both passenger and driver by your feet as well as through the lights on the ceiling in the very back.

My car is now at the dealer again. I have continually said my concern is MOLD and rust will form on the electrical components.

I just got off the phone with maintenance dept today and guess what, MOLD. They have ordered new carpeting.

I am posting this not only to tell my story but to get advice if a car is even safe to have once mold is found. I have 3x small kids and like any father don't want to put them at risk. What would you do?

Any advice??

Thanks,
    Concerned father
  • Good Morning Drock6,

I understand your concern and apologize for any anxiety that the leaking has caused you and your family. Has the leak been repaired in your enclave, or is it currently in the dealership for this concern right now?

If we can be of any assistance, including following up with the dealership, please email us more information, including your name/username, last 8 digits of your VIN, and your involved dealership.

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Sarah,

I am having very similar problems with my 2008 Enclave CXL. We love this car and had previously no significant problems. On the 16th of November, 2011 we suddenly had a severe leak with a large amount of water showing up on the front passenger floorboards soaking the carpet. We immediately took the vehicle to our local GMC/Chevrolet dealership, Alex Montgomery in Campbellsville, KY. I have had little or no assistance from them in solving this problem. First, I was told they did not repair water leaks and they would require a local auto glass company handle this problem (They didn't even look at our car). Second, water leaks were not covered under any warranty even though we had purchased an extended manufacturer backed warranty in 2009. No mention was made of any problem with sunroof drain tubes or recalls. After following their instructions, we took the vehicle to a local auto glass company who told us the front passenger door was "sprung" and they had fixed it. Of course the next time it rained . . . they had NOT. Back to the dealership . . . . sent to an autobody shop who "fixed the leaky roof rack". Next time it rained . . . they had not.

Finally I placed a call to a friend in the used car business because we were contemplating trading this Enclave in for another used SUV. My friend tipped me off on the problems with the drain leaks and the recall. . . a quick google search and here I am.

All signs and symptoms fit perfectly with the other posts describing short or clogged drain tubes.

I also have two small daghters 3 and 4 years old. I am furious at the way I was brushed off by the our "trusted" dealership.

Please advise me as to my next step in resolving this problem. We've had water in the car 3 times now and I am very concerned about mold and health risks to my family.

Thank You,

Ben
  • I am very sorry to hear about the experience you've had in trying to get this leak repaired.

We can open up a Customer Assistance Case, through which we would need to work with either your current dealership or help you find a new dealership. Please send us an email with some more details so we can get the process started, including your name/user name on Edmunds, contact information (phone and address, please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership (I see that you have been working with Alex Montgomery, but am not sure if you wanted to continue there).

We look forward to hearing from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • It makes me so angry to see this is an ongoing problem! I have owned a Buick Enclave 08 for about 2yrs now and it has been in the shop more times then I can count for AC and water issues. Every time I take it in they say no problem exsist or they dealer shop has a "power failure" and wasn't able to run the diagnostic tests to see what is wrong. I just want this vehicle gone!
    I have 3 children and my oldest child has had multiple open heart surgeries and this vehicle is how I get him back and forth from doctors appts between Cleveland and Ann Arbor Mi. Most of the time we have no AC and if it rains the light above his head in the 3rd row drips on him....so frustrated!

Jackie
  • You need to document everything! Every call, every visit to the dealership, etc. Then you need to file a report with the local Better Business Bureau. They will work with you on this. Eventually, a GM representative will contact you. Do NOT sign anything.
  • I had the leakage problem too and went through BBB to resolve it. It still isn't 100% and I suspect I have other issues due to the leakage from the beginning.