Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diesel TSX in '08

2»

Comments

• One post says the TSX will likely be unveiled at the Acura dealer show in April. Another post says diesel will not appear until 2010 model year. So the question is - will the 2009 TSX have a diesel or will it be delayed until 2010??
  • I wouldn't call it delayed, rather a planned introduction. It would be very un-honda like to release a new model (diesel) in the middle of the model run (2009). The first 2009s are already ordered and while drivetrains were not mentioned, Acura has clearly stated the diesel will arrive in 2009.

Since this is 2008 I'm putting 1+1 together and forwarding the theory that the diesel will arrive in 2009 as stated, but it will be a 2010 model with the rest of the gas engined TSXs for that model year.
  • I talked to a local Acura dealer. He confirmed what we already know. The 2009 TSX will debut in March at New York auto show with availability in spring. He said that the diesel is one of the engines listed but Honda has not told them when or if it will be available in the 2009 models. They have not been given list prices yet.
  • dad23dad23 Posts: 430
    TSX Release

This was posted on another thread...
  • mr42hhmr42hh Posts: 9
    @cdnpinhead
    I think they do have MT in the european diesel hondas.

They do. They don't have an automatic option in any diesel Honda.
  • repoman1repoman1 Posts: 64
    Talked to a dealer today. He said the 2009 TSX has just arrived - and ready to test drive. Also said that Honda has told them diesel and 6 cylinder will be available one year from now - on the 2010 TSX.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    test drove the 09 while my 06 was being serviced. It was a basque red pearl 6MT/w tech package. Wish it had a different front grill (I guess it is something you have to get used to). I was impressed on the way it handled.
    Unless diesel prices come down- I do not think it is going to be a great seller. For the driving I do the 4-cylinder tsx works for me. I do mostly highway driving,get great gas mileage with enough power on my 6MT.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Unless there's a shift in typical MY changeover the 09 TSX will have an 18 mo run. Other than launch years, the TSX MY changeover takes place in Nov. so don't look for any changes till 11/09. The diesel addition might be the only change at that time.
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Posts: 252
    Any good guess what the expected mileage of this TSX diesel will be here in the US? I am sure we can look at this CDI engine implementation in Europe and come up with a fair approximation. Any one here has done this research? Can we expect to get 40mgp or higher on the highway with the four cylinder diesel?
  • flatsflats Posts: 44
    Here is a nice short article about the diesel European-market 2007 Accord, aka Acura TSX. It returned 53 miles a gallon highway, 34 in the city (Manhattan) and 44 in combined driving.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/motoring/2004433293_dieselhonda23.html?syn- - dication=rss
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Posts: 252
    Thanks for sharing this link. It was a good read. Looks like the diesel offering will see light of day in early to mid 2009 as a 2010 model. Based on here and other site readings, I believe diesel will start off in Acura line and then tinkle down to Honda lineup 1-2 years later.
2»
This discussion has been closed.