Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning

abra0101abra0101 Posts: 1
I'VE GOT A '02 ENVOY SLT AND MY PROBLEM IS NO AIR IS COMMING OUT ON THE VENTS AND SOMETIMES I HEAR A CLICKING SOUND UNDER MY DASH, IF THIS IS THE BLEND ACTUATOR WHERE COULD I FIND IT AND WHAT TO REMOVE TO GET INTO THE ACTUATOR? YOUR ADVICES IS GREATLY APPRECIATED....THANKS

Comments

• WERE YOU ABLE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? STRANGLY ENOUGH, THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I JOINED THIS SITE TODAY. WITHOUT WARNING...NO AIR MOVEMENT AT ALL. NOTHING! IF YOU FIXED THIS, I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME HELP....THANKS IN ADVANCE
  • I had this problem after 100k. After some careful analyzing, i realized that my electronic climate control system was also reading the wrong exterior temp. What this means is that the truck thinks its exterior temp is cold enough to freeze the compressor and therefore will not allow the a/c to kick on. After I bypassed the ext temp sensor I have not had any problems since.
  • After bypassing your ext temp sensor (is this the one by the front of the radiator?), what does your temp readout show (either in your mirror or HVAC)?
  • My left heat control works, but the right side seems to be stuck on cold or neutral temp. Sliding it up or down does nothing and I don't hear any change in whatever mechanism allows hot air in on the left. does anyone know what the problem could be?
  • where the hell is this sensor will someone please tell me.
  • kenny1018kenny1018 Posts: 1
    my a/c control is stuck on the floor selection what do i do
  • my air stopped venting through the front vents all other vents work defrost rear air floor side but not the front.i would like to know what the problem might be causei already did the ignition switch. i am pretty handy but need a direction to follow.
  • This morning my 2003 Envoy's A/C worked fine. At lunch, it was only blowing hot air. The outside sensor looks like its "stuck" on 80 degrees with the letters EXT above it. What the heck?!? Our mechanic is going to look at it tomorrow, but it is weird that two hours later it didn't work.
  • hood4mdhood4md Posts: 3
    Did you get an answer from your mechanic? I have the same problem, except my outside sensor is stuck on 30 degrees. No air here either (not good in 3rd day of 90+ degrees). Need insight before going to my mechanic!!! HELP!!!
  • carnycocarnyco Posts: 2
    Have you got an answer regarding your A/C problem because my 2003 Envoy is having the same problem, works and blows through all vents but not a breath out of the 4 front dashboard vents?
  • carnycocarnyco Posts: 2
    I am having the same problem with my 4 front dashboard vents....NO AIR!
    Did you get a reply to your same problem, and if so, can you give me a copy of the fixit reply you received?
    Thanks
  • dbartleydbartley Posts: 1
    My 2004 GMC Envoy AC turns off and on for no reason. Also, my radio fuse shorts out immediately. I know very little about cars, so what is my next step?
  • I have a 2004 Envoy. My air conditioner works on all dials except for 5 (highest output). It's cold air coming out of the other speeds, but just totally shuts off at # 5 maximum. Also, how do you change the bulbs behind the stereo. I have 3 light buttons out on my dash.
  • My 2005 GMC Envoy air conditioner is working fine only the I am getting large amounts of water condensation on the passenger floor area.
    Is there a problem with a leaky hose or something that handles the condensation. There is no condensationh on the ground when you turn off the car.
    Help!
  • martmarkmartmark Posts: 2
    We are having the same problem with our 2004 Envoy. Did you get any resolution or clews to the problem? This is our first search for anwsers on the web.
    Mart
  • cyokleycyokley Posts: 3
    I an having the same problem, could you tell me what you did to fix this?
  • martmarkmartmark Posts: 2
    I went to my GMC dealer and asked them about the problem. He went out to my auto and reached in the engine compartment just behind the glove box (by feel) and pulled out two components. One black straight rubber tube first, about 1 to 2 inches long, and a connecting plastic black elbow (90 degrees). He proceeded to clean them out by blowing in them and then reinstalled them. He said that this is where blockage impedes the flow of condensation and causes leaks in side. He said he has done this a few times for customers. It took all of 5 minutes, no charge. Leak has sensed stopped so far.

Hope this helps.
  • hsauberthsaubert Posts: 2
    2002 Envoy the air quits after about 20 minutes. I replaced the EV Fan with no luck. Any suggestions on what to look for?
  • hood4mdhood4md Posts: 3
    Not sure if this is related or not but...My A/C was intermittent in my 2003 Envoy. The external temp gauge was reading 50 on 90+ June days. It appears that the 'The ambient air temperature sensor' needed replacing. It mounts near the radiator. I replaced it in 10 mins and the part cost $21. The dealer was going to charge $200.

If you replace it, you need to update the ambient air temperature display on the HVAC control module, perform the following procedure:

1- Turn ON the ignition.
    2.-Simultaneously press the MODE, FRONT DEFROST and REAR DEFROST switches.

This process worked a couple of times before I was able to replace the sensor. Hope this helps!!!
  • eyotteyott Posts: 1
    Was a solution found for the dash vents not working on the 2003 Envoy? As I have the very same problem.
  • siksasiksa Posts: 3
    All of the HVAC controls and temperatures function on the console of my 03 envoy, but the blower ignores the speed control. It usually is off, but sometimes comes on at arbitrary speed when the car is initially started. Where is the control module, Does it need reset? Please help.

Thanks.
    Hi,
    I also have the same problem. Did you get it fixed and if so what was the fix? Thanks very much. Bob
  • Hi yes i have a 2004 GMC Envoy and that also happened to mine my air works fine up until you turn the dial to 5 its actually your Resister (which controls the fan speeds) a Blower Resister and you usually can only get it at the dealer. Its kind of a pain so if you dont know anyone its best to have them put it in as well ,plus if anythings wrong your local GMC Dealer will have to cover it. Good Luck
  • alfa116alfa116 Posts: 1
    :cry: :sick: I'm having the same problem with the A/C. The ambient air temperature is stuck on 50 degrees. I tried the resting of the control module with no luck. I've spend the better part of the day looking of the Ambient air sensor behind the radiator. the sensor is not there, is there another location.
  • hsauberthsaubert Posts: 2
    What year is your Envoy?
  • cwickscwicks Posts: 1
    My 2003 envoy just started having the indentical problem. Did you ever find out what was causing this? Not a good thing since my truck is black, in Florida, in August. Please help!
    Yes, it was the blower control module that mounts alongside the blower. You have to remove the sound panel (two screws) under the glove box and remove the glove box at the hinge (three screws). Then you can see the module. It has a pigtail wire that plugs into the blower. Release the plug latch with a screw driver and disconnect it. The module has two screws holding it into the duct by the blower. The module costs about $72 mail order or $115.65 at the GMC dealer. The dealer wanted $200 to fix it.

Note: this fix is for the digital type control with the up/down bar graph on the console, not the rotating switch type blower speed control, which has a resistor module instesd of the electronic module.

Good luck.

Bob
  • I just purchased a used 04 Envoy with 24k miles. The radio had 2 lights out on it. As it was under warranty, they are replacing the whole radio, not fixing it. We also has a Chevy Venture 2003 van, it has the same problems, but is well out of warranty.
  • I checked the fuse sensor and resistor, they where ok.
    does anyone has had the same problem?
    Can anyone help me in solving the problem?
    thank you
    angelo
  • This is for anyone that may have the same problem.
    I checked the power at the end of the blower sensor and the power was ther..
    I also decided to bypass the blower sensor and connect the power directly to the blower, the blower started working so i went to buy a new blower sensor and about $160 later with the new sensor i restored the heat in the Envoy.
    Angelo