Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Audi A4

Any word on when the 09's will be in the dealers' showrooms?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• I think they are scheduled to arrive in the Fall, but need to call the dealership to confirm
  • ferkyferky Posts: 20
    My dealer just confirmed that it will be Sept/Oct before they arrive. This is Philly suburbs.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    Only the higher end 3.2's will be available @ launch in September/October. It might be the very last part of 08 or early 09 before you see the less expensive new 2.0 T's.
  • jd25jd25 Posts: 43
    Does anyone know when would 2009 A4 be available in California?

Thanks.
  • September 2008.
    Audi's new 2.0T in the 09 A4 should be an awesome engine.

258lb/ft of torque out the new 2.0T is pretty incredible.

AUBURN HILLS, MI – Audi of America, Inc. today announced that the highly anticipated, all new Audi A4 Avant will make its North American debut at this year’s New York International Auto Show, to be held at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City, March 21-30.

The 2009 Audi A4 Avant will feature the 2.0 TFSI, a new high-powered four-cylinder turbocharged engine that has 211 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. The current A4 Avant offers 200 hp and 207 lb-ft of torque. The 2009 A4 Sedan will also offer drivers the 2.0 TFSI or the option of a 3.2 FSI V6, with 265 hp and the patented Audi Valvelift Technology (AVS).
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Yeah that new EA 888 2.0T engine looks to be something special. In fact, I'm holding off on a new A3 until the 2009 model year, just so that I can get that engine.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    With all that low end torque, the new 2.0T will be a screamer around town. Nearly 260 lb/ft is more than the 3.2 V6.

I'm surprised that Audi is making the 2.0T so powerful torque wise. Why even bother with the 3.2 model?. But they make so few 3.2 V6 A3 and A4's to begin with, I guess it doesn't matter that much anyway.

This new 2.0T motor will be awesome in the TT and A3 as well. With Quattro coming in the A3 and TT 2.0 for 2009, this should be an awesome set up.
    "This new 2.0T motor will be awesome in the TT and A3 as well. With Quattro coming in the A3 and TT 2.0 for 2009, this should be an awesome set up."

Well, sort of, errr, that is if you like driving a car with an automatic transmission. It seems that with both the TT and the A3, 4 driven wheels and 3 pedals under the dash are mutually exclusive options. :P

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I'm a bit bummed about that as well. A 6 speed w/ be a fantastic set-up w/ this new torque rich 2.0T.
  • gcluv09gcluv09 Posts: 4
    So how much will the MSRP & Invoice go up by for the 09' models?
    09 models are avialable for ordering at your local dealer. No word on pricing yet.
  • huntzingerhuntzinger Posts: 350
    I've been getting some limited info from my local salesman...but whoops! It was on the A3, not the A4.

No word on the A3 prices either yet, but the A3 info had just come out this May, whereas "everything else" (eg, the A4) had arrived in the April 08 info package.

For the A3, I personally suspect that a price bump is coming, as they've deleted the cloth option...its only leather now. Leather was part of the Premium Package in 2008, which was a $1500 option in the A3.

-hh
  • cicero3cicero3 Posts: 2
    I am thinking about making a purchase on the 09 A4. I have a 03 1.8T Q and am ready to start anew with a 2.0T engine. I was checking out the photos and noticed that Aud has replaced the tail pipe configuration on the 4s! Bummer. It is a small thing but I really liked the spread pipes and it looks like I will have to move over to an A5 for that small cosmetic (?) difference. The thing I am bothered by in terms of the A5, apart from having to go with a 6 cyl., is that the sunroof only tilts and does not fully open! Just can't seem to have my way! Are there any plans to have a fully function sun/moon roof on the 5s. It may be time, in light of gas prices, to go Prius shopping anyway and leave the fun behind!
  • barryendbarryend Posts: 121
    My wife has her second A4-2006. 6 cyl. She loves it. I have an Infiniti M35X and will take a hard look at the 2009 A4 4 cyl. It may be enough for me and the mileage in the M35X is horrible. It also rides like a stagecoach.

Forget Prius I heard they drive like a s*t box. The economics of hybrids makes no sense. $$ and energy to build and dispose of 500 lb. batteries. Energy to haul them uphills. Quiet & peppy when charged but expensive to buy. Plug-in concept has no future at NYC area electric rates. Maybe different in hydro power states.

Consider a short lease for a gas A4 and position yourself to go diesel in 2011. 51% of cars sold in Europe are diesel. Most large cars there were diesel years ago.

By 2020 gas will be so expensive people will drive Vespas scooters or Smart minicars and borrow large cars from a motor pool for days they really need one. Cycling will will also cure obesity and diabetes.
    "Plug-in concept has no future at NYC area electric rates. Maybe different in hydro power states."

Agreed.

"Consider a short lease for a gas A4 and position yourself to go diesel in 2011. 51% of cars sold in Europe are diesel. Most large cars there were diesel years ago."

Uhhh, no, I don't believe that "Most large cars there [in Europe] were diesel" has ever been the case at any time in history or in any automotive market in the world for that matter.

"By 2020 gas will be so expensive people will drive Vespas scooters or Smart minicars and borrow large cars from a motor pool for days they really need one. Cycling will also cure obesity and diabetes."

I assume that this was written "tongue in cheek" so to speak. By 2020 my bet is that a significant percentage of our fuel needs will be from microalgae derived biodiesel, and I’m also betting that fuel will be relatively inexpensive as a result.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,106
    I thought the majority of cars in Europe were diesels, including the full sized cars.

Care to elaborate?
    "I thought the majority of cars in Europe were diesels, including the full sized cars."

When it comes to late model cars, yes, I believe you’re correct, however, I was responding to the following quote:

"Most large cars there were diesel years ago"

That simply isn't true. I've spent a lot of time in Europe since the early 1980s, and it's only been since maybe the mid to late 1980s that diesel powered cars, including luxury models, really started to take off. Even still, I'm thinking that by 1990, the only country were diesel luxury cars outsold gasoline powered ones was in France (a huge disparity in diesel versus gasoline costs due to taxes), and that may not even have been the case.

I don't know that the splits are right now, however, I'm betting that there's a pretty even mix of gasoline and diesel powered cars on European roads. True, more diesels are being sold over there, but it is just as true that there are also a lot of older cars that are still gasoline powered.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • barryendbarryend Posts: 121
    What about dilithium crystals? A clean matter steam from matter/anti-matter imbalance! That will serve OPEC right.
  • m4d_cowm4d_cow Posts: 1,491
    Has audi become a real rising star now? From a salesman's point of view it has, since sales have rise significantly (he said so, not sure if its true) since the '02 A4 model showed up.
    I'm personally not a big fan of the new grille, but it looks great on the A8 and A5, now the new A4 is on the way and I'm rather surprised to find the new grille looks pretty good on it, just a little too wide imo.
    On the other hand, he claimed audi found less and less female buyers particularly due to the big-Oh grille, looks too masculine they said.
    What do you think?
  • rascal99rascal99 Posts: 54
    Yes, I hated the grill when they first unveiled it. I thought I would never buy an Audi because of it, but here I am with an A4. I have a Euro license plate strip across the front with the German plate from my '01 BMW Euro Deliver (hah, take that BMW), so it sort of breaks up the widemouth bass look.
  • m4d_cowm4d_cow Posts: 1,491
    It took me a while to warm up to the bassmouth, but even now I still think it looks just plain ugly on A6. The 05-08 A4 looks ok with the O grill, but not great imo. I was surprised though to see the new A4 wearing the same grille but looks positively cool.
    I also thought I'd never buy an Audi after the big-O grille. But the new A4 is cool enough to turn my head everytime I see one. Add the better interior than BMWs, and all I'm waiting for is the pricelist. Hope they maintain the lower than BMW price. I was turned off by the A4s current pricing of only $1200 less than a comparable 335xi.

I give credit to Audi for designing such a cool looking car while retaining its timeless design element. I believe Audi is among the last car company to stick with timeless elegance. Some say Audi's current design is no longer a timeless elegance, but I disagree. True its becoming agressive looking at times, and the O grille isnt timeless at all, but its easy to fix.
    This is what I'd do, just paint the horizontal grille splitter (the middle part for license plate), color coded, and you get the timeless design back. Imagine the A6 with its grille splitter painted, and compare it with the older A6, you'll see the similarities right away. Too bad I cant say the same about the interior... looks cool but less elegant than the old one. I miss the classier lighter beige colors.
    Audi just released 09 A4 pricing. Base price is $32,700 and it includes leather, sunroof, dual power seats for the tiptronic quattro.

When you account for the mandatory premium package to get leather in the old A4, the new 09 model is actually less expensive than the 08.

With it growing 6 inches in the wheelbase and the new 2.0T motor, it's very agressive pricing. Audi should do awesome business on the 09 models.
  • Do you know when the 09 a4 quattro cabrio will be available? Are their pictures some where? I would love to trade my 05 before my warrenty runs out.
    Is it necessary to put 91 grade gasoline in A4? Does it cause any problem if I use 87 grade even though Audi recommends using 91 grade?

Thanks!
    Is it necessary to put 91 grade gasoline in A4? Does it cause any problem if I use 87 grade even though Audi recommends using 91 grade?

Yes, using 87 will lower your gas mileage and your available power, it will also increase your cost per mile for fuel.
    Even after taking into account the price differential between grades 87 and 91 or 95, can one still get better cost per mile of fuel?

Thanks!
    Even after taking into account the price differential between grades 87 and 91 or 95, can one still get better cost per mile of fuel?

Certainly. The A4 is designed to run on Premium fuel, and by running Regular fuel in it, the engine will need to retarding the valve and ignition timing, both of which will negatively affect fuel economy. Around here Premium (i.e. 93 AKI fuel) is $4,04 per gallon and Regular (i.e. 87 AKI fuel) is $3.84, so if your typical fill-up is 15 gallons, the costs of filling your tank is $60.60 versus $57.60. That equates to less than a five percent savings, however, the various scientific studies that I've read indicate cars designed for Premium lose anywhere from eight to fifteen percent in fuel economy when fed a steady diet of Regular. Slice it and dice it anyway you want, you'll be losing money by burning Regular in an A4.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    A4 Quattro cab's (09's) are already starting to appear on dealer lots.

No change in the 09 model convertible, though, other than slightly differnt wheels and a few option packages.
  • You have such patience. We have, as you are well aware, Shipo, discussed this issue incessantly -- and recently.

Why would anyone question the mfgr's fuel octane requirements, as if the mfg COULD get away with requiring a fuel the car really hasn't been engineered to use?

Yet, you patiently -- and correctly -- respond.

Me? Well I would be tempted to respond, "what in the wide wide world of sports would possess you to WANT to decrease both your mileage and power while simultaneously increasing the potential risk to the engine and increasing your costs?"

Thankfully, you have the ability to respond, er, with patience, understanding and decorum.

Speaking of premium sucking cars: my 2009 A4 with the 19" wheel sport package has been delayed until week 37 with delivery about 6 weeks thereafter.

As you may recall, I went with the 4 cylinder, premium sucking model with most of the optional extra boxes checked. I am, as of now, expecting an MSRP of about $45K -- wow! $45K for a 4 cylinder -- hope that 258 pound feet at 1500 makes it worth it. Heck, that seems not that much less than my 2005 A6 (AFTER discount).

I am still excited about the thing, however.

I must say, that at 57,000 miles on my A6, the thing is darn near STILL flawless and fun to drive. At this point, keeping it would not be punishment.

Hopefully there are no further delays on the new A4, tho.

Keep the patience.

You are my rock.

My attempt to be patient: it says "requires premium" it means that using less is a false economy. Use regular in your new premium sipper if your goal is to spend more and get less.

I wish I had THAT kind of money.

Drive it like you live. :shades: