Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Audi A4

1121314151618»

Comments

• Just bring the info below into your dealer. They can look up the TSB by number or date.

The TSB on the sunroof wind buffeting. The fix is quick and warrentied. Here it is.

60 08 33

2019731/1

December 23, 2008
  • rlsrljrlsrlj Posts: 13
    please help me with something I am trying to figure out...can you get automatic headlights on the Premium, or is it an option only on premium plus?

Thanks..
  • I just purchased a 2010 A4 with 17,000 miles and find it impossible to bring the car to a smooth stop. It is not acceptable. City driving is far too challenging and this A4 is not a pleasure to drive. As for German car breaks I do not experience this in my BMW or Porsche Boxster. The local Audi dealer's service manager said, you have to get used to it. That will be just impossible. If I do not find the answer to improve the breaking, I'll be driving something else very soon. I have contacted Audi directly, awaiting a response. Hopefully they will be able to address this. If anybody has had the problem and knows of a solution, please post the information. If the breaking issue can be corrected, the car would be a pleasure to own
  • I have a 2009 A4 and do not have the same problem if I am paying attention. The brakes can be grabby at low speeds if you do not ease up on the pedal the last few feet of a stop. At higher speeds the power of the brakes is impressive.
  • It is rather difficult to effect a smooth stop but with practice you can lessen the effect. What you need to do is ease off braking just before the actual stop to slow yourself right down.. then as the car coasts - so to speak, for less than a foot - at 1 mph or so you then gingerly apply the brake. It is annoying but not enough so in my opinion to mitigate ownership of a fab car.
  • While I agree that it is possible to come close to a smooth stop with work...it is always work in city driving. I did borrow a 2012 A4 while my 2010 A4 engine was taken out (by Audi to repair the oil consumption problem). The 2012 A4 model did not have the grabby break issue to the same degree as the 2010 in stop and go city traffic. It was acceptable.

I will say that the breaks on the 2010 A4 will stop the car from highway speed as well as my Porsche, which is saying something. Perhaps there is an aftermarket break rotor/pad combination that won't be so sticky and grabby at low speed city driving. I'm about 1/2 way through the front pads now, so it won't be too much longer before I need to replace them.
  • cpanncpann Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem.. did you get it fixed?
  • The problem has now been resolved. It was discovered that the oil level display returns after driving the car for a couple of days. Apparently, this is the only way to have the oil level display again via the MMD.

Hope this helps.
  • I've noticed that after an oil change at the dealer the oil level display is about 1/5 of the way down from the top. Assuming the shop uses the proper amount of oil, this would suggest that the top of the OK range is actually a bit below the top of the display bar. With the old dip stick there was a range and you could accidentally go a bit over the top line. I'm wondering is I should view the oil level display the same way.

I have noticed that the few times I topped the oil up to the top of the bar, It seemed to drop down fairly quickly to the 1/5 down point. Any one else notice this?
  • moedin1moedin1 Posts: 2
    Hello, I am new to the board and this is an exploratory post to find out how people are enjoying their 2009 A4's and about reliability. I am looking at a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T QUATTRO PRESTIGE with S-line package upgrades, with 88000 KM. I wanted to know what I should be asking questions about, such as known Audi A4 issues or certain features. If anyone could give me advice, that would be great! :confuse:
  • fglamserfglamser Posts: 22
    I have the front wheel drive model. I love this car. At 37K miles I have had no problems. Mileage is awesome.
  • barryendbarryend Posts: 121
    The 2009 A4 s had problems with excess oil consumption and front wheel shimmy from a control arm bushing problem. Those issues could have been cured under warranty. Otherwise a great car and the S line is a beauty. Get an updated Nav DVD.