Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7 Engine Problems

Comments

• fonefixerfonefixer Posts: 247
    Did Morrie's Mazda repair your timing chain on the CX-7? Driving an early build CX-7 (2007) w/ 105,000 miles purchased from Morrie's new in October 2006. Had timing chain/water pump replaced at 55,000 miles.
  • there was a knocking almost as if the car was a diesel, brought the car to Milford Mazda in Milford CT after purchasing the vehicle a month earlier at Bobs in Milford CT. The Mazda dealer replaced the VVT December 2012 the service engine light goes on and I take it to the local garage and they get a code for camshaft, I bring the car to Mazda who tells me upon arrival with out even looking at the vehicle that I need a new engine and it wouldn't be covered under my extended warranty because they are sure there is sludge in the engine, yea same story everyone else gets. I faithfully had my oil changed every 5,0000 miles max as this was drilled in my head growing up from my dad. Approximately some time in march I was driving to work I get this Loud Whining sound coming from the engine and the car loses all power the Turbo went. I have a new turbo installed and still supposedly need another VVT just 2 years after they replaced this part and now there is a humming/whining noise coming from the rear of the car not to mention (2) tie rods are bad. This car is no doubt a piece of crap that I still owe 13K on and Mazda corporate will not even return my call. There has to be something that can be done with all THE SAME COMPLAINTS
  • shr100tshr100t Posts: 1
    My 2011 Mazda CX-7 with under 30,000 miles will be going in to have the turbo replaced and this was just done 2 weeks ago, WOW, I am angry, un happy and sad, my reason being is real simple I am an outside sales rep so I need my car, the first time it took Mazda to acknowledge the issue was 3 days, then they decided to give me a loaner car, fyi during that 3 day period Mazda tried to blame me by saying there was sludge in the engine HELLOOO morons the car has always been serviced at Mazda dealership as per schedule are these guys really saying that Mazda Dealership did not service the car REALLY???
    I called yesterday to get the car back in and told them that my business is reliant on the car as I am an outside sales rep, well we can only help you tomorrow WOW so I need to drive the car like that, well OK will do, I then asked for a loaner car, NOP can't do as we first have to see what is wrong WOW and WHY you just did the replacement 2 weeks ago you guys should be jumping all over to make sure I am happy.
    Truly disapointed in Mazda, you guys get a Z for grades
  • getinfo44getinfo44 Posts: 1
    Can you send me the info for this law suit as well please. I'm sooo furious with these company right now. Would pull out hair if i had any. :mad:
  • Unfortunately, Edmunds will not allow us to share that information on this site/board, so I am not sure how to get the info to everyone.??? :mad:
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,972
    edited July 2013
    We frown on soliciting in the forum including soliciting for class actions or lawyers soliciting for clients. Please see the Membership Agreement for more.

This post really has the handle on the problem:

angry_cx7, "Mazda CX-7 Engine Problems" #582, 2 Jun 2013 4:58 pm

That said, if you really want to wait around three years for a $500 coupon off another Mazda, you can find class actions suits all over Google.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• nknkoonknkoo Posts: 1
    Omg!! I also own a 2008 mazda cx7. Purchased from a dealership in 2009 with 18,000 miles on it. Last week while driving on the highway, the AC started giving out hot air and the engine heated up. Took it to the dealership and claimed it was a thermostat problem. Thermostat was changed but problem became worse with engine smoking! I had purchased the extended warranty from mazda and always had the car serviced at mazda dealership. The car now has 56,000 miles on it. It is sitting in another mazda dealership who told me that the car has major engine problems and mazda would not approve any work until I provided all oil changes. Luckily, my car has been always serviced at a mazda dealership. I provided all the receipts and now waiting for an answer. They had better fix it or my husband who is an attorney will file a lawsuit against them. This is a bunch of crap and mazda needs to be held liable!! Will keep u guys posted!
  • dfruscodfrusco Posts: 1
    I just completed replacing right axle, strut, hub bearing and when I attempted to test drive all of a sudden I have no transmission. My selector cable and link operate fine and before I started the job I backed up the car in my garage and never had a hint if trans issues. I know the axle is seated and I can't think of any other thing I did wrong. Could this really be just a freak incident?
  • legs3legs3 Posts: 3
    For the last 2 months I have been having an issue with very loud squealing coming from my front end!! Mazda has checked all belts, replaced the a/c compressor as well as the Turbo The Tie rods and several other minute things and yet the "squeal" is still on going.. has anyone else had this problem?? It seems to becoming from the front end.. I believe it has something to do with the steering or the front axle however my dealership has checked everything and have found no issues, the noise is very annoying but at the same time it is not constant, car will run for a day or two and then the next few days the noise is back ..
  • I had the EXACT same problem coming from the right front. It was a leak in my power steering fluid. I filled up the fluid and instantly the squealing stopped. Check it for a leak and get it repaired if it's a large one.
  • g_macg_mac Posts: 1
    Hi, would love to contact you re: your solution w/ Blast Performance in Quebec. I'm in Ottawa. Thx.

G_Mac
  • Forum rules are clear per the moderator's comment, and well taken. The forum rules allow users to include an email address as part of their registered profile, if they like. [ahem]
  • orezzoorezzo Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    When i bought Mazda 2 years i guess i thought it was the best car i ever bought but a month ago it started to make noise and i called the towing company to tow it to Mazda dealer .Three days of waiting and wondering what is wrong with my car .The dealer call me back and ask if i have doing oil change on time.I replied yes and the copy are in the Mazda. They reviewed at the copies and then call me back i told me that my warranty has been denied due to lack of maintenance and the engine has sludge and the price tag of a new engine plus labor was 8900. I was very perplexed i did not know where to stat Knowing i still owed the car more than 10,000 my head was spinning until i come across the most honest-full lawyer who love what he does and fight for the people. This lawyer with my accurate documentation that i send to him, he fax and called the Mazda headquarters and finally i received call from the dealer that they will replace my Mazda with a new engine and turbo.
  • My Mazda CX7 2007 84,200 Miles is stuck in Rochester ,NY; White smoke blowing out of the engine on the NYS 90 Thruway heading towards Buffalo.
    The day prior to my business trip to Rochester, I had two (2) new tires put on and an oil change at Firestone in Williamsville, NY 14221; I was advised I needed a wheel bearing passenger rear and a ball joint "only." I heard a squealing noise but thought it was the bearing going? I was on my way to trade this car in for a 2009 FORD EDGE (40 Miles from the dealer.) My Mazda CX7 now sits in the lot at MONRO MUFFLER in Victor, NY; there was little to NO oil in the engine when I pulled in the lot of Monro off the Victor thruway exit. William D. store manager of Monro pointed out this turbo problem with the CX7. What should be my next step??
  • legs3legs3 Posts: 3
    I had a similar problem with my cx-7 at 80k.. I had always had it serviced at the dealership and they replaced the Turbo for free due to so many problems with the turbo.. I also had a loud squeal after driving for about 20 miles,, they replaced the AC unit (free) I still had the squeal.. I then had a bearing changed and squeal was still present.. The last thing I had done was the brakes and so far no squealing but it has only been two weeks so I'm not sure if this was the problem.. If you keep your service records contact Mazda and see what or if they will do anything for you. Good luck.. I'm trying to keep the car for one more winter because I love the way it handles in the snow, but also bought a Prius to off set the "gas" costs.. Good luck
  • I am interested in getting information on the lawyer you used Which state do you live in I am in Texas
  • bryancosbryancos Posts: 282
    Dump it while you still can or you'll regret it... Just saying all these folks including myself. Are/were disgruntled for a reason.

RUN FORREST RUN!!!
  • I am all for a LAW SUIT toward Mazda myself. Same issue Sludge in the Turbo at 32,000 miles and still under warranty. Along with an additional warranty I purchased. MAZDA SUCKS!!!!
  • The engine was fixed and the mazda is running smooth for now , The lawyers name Robert starr he lives woodland california he best lawyer i ever spoke to and done what he promised to do.
  • angry_cx7angry_cx7 Posts: 15
    edited December 2013
    I recommended this guy over a yr ago, he was at the time leading a class action against Mazda for the mazda 8, which also was a piece of **it- I posted his name and number in CA. and nobody else called him, I'm glad to see yours worked out and now maybe other people will listen_good luck!
  • The engine in my 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 catastrophically failed this past Sunday.

Mazda, to my surprise, refuses to stand by the product and take care of the customer.

Read my story here: https://www.facebook.com/Mazda/posts/10153796263035363

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,990

How many miles were on the engine?

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• 135,410...I know...it's "a lot". My beef with Mazda is simply, if I knew 2 years ago of potential issues with this componentry, I would have had it specifically checked out and replaced if necessary. $1000 spent then is a whole lot less than a new car now (and there's no way I'm spending $7000 on a new engine).

Is the entire engine really ruined or did does it just need cylinder head work?

• Unclear at this point. Is that even cost-effective?

Well yeah, sure it is...depending. If the timing chain broke, say, and smashed the timing case cover and even bent a few valves, that's all fixable at a reasonable price. Let's say the car, all fixed up, is worth $6000. And let's say repairing it would cost $3000. As it sits it's worth practically nothing. So, I was thinking....IF...you could get a firm estimate for repairs, and IF you could get Mazda to kick in something for "goodwill" (often, the best dealers do get a budget for "goodwill adjustments"), maybe it'd be worth it.

But you do have to be careful with this approach. What you DON'T want is to pay for a partial disassembly, only to learn the engine is totally toasted and there you are with a car in pieces.

• @MrShift@Edmunds said: But you do have to be careful with this approach. What you DON'T want is to pay for a partial disassembly, only to learn the engine is totally toasted and there you are with a car in pieces.

THIS is exactly what I don't want to happen. You have no way of knowing this without disassembling...

So you need a backup plan here. A brand new engine seems out of the question. Do you know any good independent repair shop that would swap in a used engine for you, if, upon removal of the cylinder head, they found internal engine damage in the bottom end of the engine (cylinder walls, pistons, etc). ?

Or maybe you could work out a deal with the dealer and Mazda to trade in your car, as is, on a new car or new lease?

• emontezemontez Posts: 1
    edited February 24
    OMG I bought my CX7 Used in October, it has been in shop more than my driveway! I see some of your posts are a few months old. Can someone update me on àny recourse, or class action against Mazda. My car was towed this morning! Timing chain has been replaced twice since October!
    [Email removed] please email me anything that might help me!
    #texas#
  • stevedcccstevedccc Posts: 4

I have a few questions? Why would a timing chain need to be replaced more than once. Once is rare right? I have a 2011 CX-7 turbo so does anyone know if these turbo and timing chain issues could have been fixed for this year or did they run the same exact parts for all the years in production 2007-2012??