Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Engine Problems

13»

Comments

• If it's the 2.7L six, they are prone to seizing. If the oil was not changed at the correct intervals, and a synthetic was not used, the tend to bite it around 80,000 miles.
  • shane46shane46 Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Chrysler sebring lxi with a 2.7l v6, the water pump keeps going on me and its not a cheap fix, the first time was close to 900, then went 3 and a half months later, the mechanic put in a rebuild so it only had a 3 month warranty, but he still helped me out and payed 600 so this time he put in a brand new one that was premium and 3 months later its gone again, was wondering what would be causing the car to keep going through water pumps?
  • I have 2001 sebring with the 2.7. over the last few weeks I've been having trouble with the engine acting like it is overheating but the gauge never goes past middle. I add water when it cools and things go back to normal for a few days then does it again. now today I reved up to pass someone and it started this noisy knock!? it's like one noisy knock and a soft knock together. There are no engine lights or oil lights coming on.

7000 miles ago it had the timing chain, water pump, oil pump and all timing gears and guides replaced because the timing chain broke while driving.

That's about all I can think of to tell you.
13»