Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe To Buy or not to Buy - Any advice?

2»

Comments

• roudy1roudy1 Posts: 36
    On any forum the preponderance of posters will be the ones who have the most problems. Those of us who have had minimal or no difficulties won't be making 45 posts talking about the good service/mileage/whatever. I've had my SF since Jan '07 (mfg Nov '06) and have driven it over 40,000 miles. My overall mpg is 22.1. The dealer has upgraded the map lights, replaced the rear arm rest because of a cup holder problem and replaced the power steering pump and hoses because THEY discovered a slight oozing around one connection. This was all done under warranty. I'd advise that you talk to some customers of your dealership and find out how they rate the service department. The SF is a fine vehicle and if the dealership is first rate they'll fix any problem you may encounter. I have no connection with Hyundai--just a very satisfied owner.
  • mpuzachmpuzach Posts: 635
    Well-said, roudy1. I join you as another very satisfied Santa Fe owner. :)
  • rjr2565rjr2565 Posts: 27
    I bought 08 Santa Fe SE AWD nice vehicle but I wanted to use it ocassionly for towing a ATV. Now Hyundai will not send any hitches or wiring harness to its dealers. Its all because of a wiring harness recall. I have spoken to Hyundai consumer affairs and my dealer service manager has spoken to the Hyundai area rep. No one has an answer for the customer. I had negotiated this in the price of the vehicle. So if your ever thinking of towing with it better look for something else.
    Also, if I have it done by an outside vendor, I'm told it might void my warranty. I really do not understand how Hyundai can continue to sell these with tow packages. It's a joke, except the joke is on the customer.
  • 2008car2008car Posts: 29
    Yikes,

sound like misrepresentation to me.

Knowing that there is a recall and yet still sell you something they dont have.

I smell something.
  • 2008car2008car Posts: 29
    Any one know where I can rent a Santa Fe for a few days in So cal?
  • gwillygwilly Posts: 51
    I think the Hyundai Santa Fe tows great, it pulls our 1800 pound tent trailer with ease. I purchased mine Dec 06(AWD SE with 3rd row and tow package) the harness wasn't even out and I had to buy the T adapter from etrailer.com and the hitch and did it myself. The brake controller definitely took some time though.

I like the Santa Fe overall, however I have some very minor issues, the length of the bottom of the front seats (a little short for tall people) which could give a little more support to the legs. Also the tan cloth interior stains pretty easily, an ipod jack should have been included, and mileage could be better average is about 17 mpg city. Lastly the rear should have a little stiffer springs or at least some self leveling shock absorbers for all of the additional weight one might have when towing and bringing along gear for camping etc.

I think it's a great value and at this juncture it's still a fantastic vehicle.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I had negotiated this in the price of the vehicle.

Are the items listed on your invoice? If so then you should be due a refund.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    The hitch and installation is on my invoice. The dealer has only offered $165.00.
    They say thats what their cost would have been. The estimate from a local U-Haul dealer is $345.00. I think that Hyundai should reinburse the dealers the amount of having an outside vendor doing the work. Then the customers who have negotiated the price of the hitch in the sale would be compensated. I'm still waiting to hear back from Hyundai to see what they are going to do for me. I will post when I get some answers.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I take it that the invoice didn't explicitly list the price of the hitch and installation. They should definitely not be going by the price THEY would have paid. Rather, you should get a refund for the price they would have charged YOU.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Thats right, I'm going back to the dealer this week and present them the U-Haul estimate. So we will see what their response is.
  • kreuzerkreuzer Posts: 117
    let me know if the 100,000 mi. warranty carries over to the second owner of a Hyundai? I just purchased a 2004 Sante Fe and it has 56,600mi. on it and I was wondering if I'm covered. Thanks all!
  • As of the 2007 MY, the bumper-to-bumper 5 year, 60K warranty is transferable, HOWEVER the ten year, 100K powertrain warranty is NOT. Not sure if it's the same for 2004 MY.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Posts: 804
    From Hyundai's website:

Coverage applies to Original Owner only effective with 2004 Model Year and newer model year vehicles. On 1999-2003 Model Years, coverage applies to Original Owner and immediate family members (i.e. wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson).

Second and/or subsequent owners have powertrain components coverage under the 5 year / 60,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (i.e. taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.).

Source: http://www.hyundaiusa.com/global/warranty/warranty.aspx
    on a 2004 Santa Fe GX that has the 3.5 V6, front wheel drive and 56,600mi . I just purchased this vehicle and I really like it so far. I got it for $10,900 + tax. Was this a pretty good deal?
    I have a couple of questions.
    1) Does the warranty continue with the second owner?
    2) Are the sun visor lights suppose to "light" when you open the flap? I cannot find anything in the owner's manual about these lights. My glove box light is also out but the owner's manual does tell me how to access this lamp.
    Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks for both of your replies and I'm sorry for asking the same question again in my last post #46. Wasn't thinking :confuse:
    What do you both think about the price I paid and if you know anything about the visor lights? I cannot find anything in the owner's manual for these lights!
    Thanks again, all.
  • How many miles can you drive a Hyundai, specifically the Santa Fe?
    Hondas and Toyotas you can drive them for 250,000 to 300,000 miles. So I wouldn't even question the miles on those two makes of cars, but on a Chevy or Ford I certainly would.

I am considering purchasing a 2004 Santa Fe for $8,888 with 77,269 miles. Is that a good price with those miles for that year vehicle?

Thanks for any advice :-)
  • Im looking at buying a 2007 Sante Fe SE with 85000 miles on it. I have never owner a Hyundai. Is there anything i should worry about with 85000 on it?? Maintenance done?? Etc...Is this to high of milage?? I have read nothing but great things about these vehicles.

If I can get them to come down some Im ready to drive it off the lot.
2»