Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Honda Accord

Comments

• 34323432 Posts: 2
    I have played around with the seating positions a lot and feel like I am over-working my knee a lot, perhaps messing around with pedals is not the way to go, I am thinking about putting in some more supportive seats, perhaps some Recaro seats that have an extendable front cushion. It just feels like there is not a lot of support, and after driving, my knee hurts, or something else hurts, and it is a result of the driving position. I love the car, just think the comfort level really needs an upgrade. I'll need to get rid of it otherwise. Thanks for the input or any other input.
  • lady ran a red light at 40 mph and slammed into the driver side of my 2009 accord ex. neither the side airbags nor the front deployed. I slammed into the side and broke two ribs. has this happened to anyone? I would think the side airbags would deploy in such a situation.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Yes, I would have thought they would go off. I am pretty sure their are side air bags. Something does not seem right with them not going off. I would look more into this.
    Perhaps Honda needs to eat your medical bills. 40mph is still fast.

I am glad your okay though. It could be worse! :( People are just to wound up, and drive too fast. Even this weekend.. people following me close, passing me... Is it worth it? Please, take a step back, relax, you'll get there when you get there. Why rush all the time..Slow down, enjoy the ride. Its amazing to see.... I saw one run a red light, only to pull into their drive way down the street. Or pull into the grocery store after the passing me violently earlier..... what? are you that hungry? See, I forgot, your more important than me, just honk next time and I will pull over to let you pass me.

Anyway, people, slow down, enjoy life a bit okay? :shades:
  • drhuntrdrhuntr Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan EXL-V6 and noticed the port of entry was San-Diego but the final assembly point was Marysville OH, what part or was the whole car made in Japan and brought in to San Diego?
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    Parts are made all over but essentially your car was made at the Honda plant in Ohio. It was shipped to San Diego... I'm guessing that you live nearby.

You can tell in what country your car was manufactured by looking at the first digit in the VIN. J = Japan, 1 or 4 = US.
  • drhuntrdrhuntr Posts: 3
    This is the part I don't understand, this car was shipped to my dealer in Central KY and the Ohio plant is a little over two hundred miles away. I just wonder what part of the car would have come in to port at San Diego than shipped to Ohio for final assembly. Not all of the accord in my area are like that, most come 100 percent from Ohio.
    I guess you don't live anywhere near San Diego. ;)

That is a bit odd but I don't claim to know how Honda does things. I thought they were made in one place. Did you check the first number of the VIN? Now I'm curious.
  • Has anyone heard the snap type sound coming from under the engine (driver's side) after shifting into D and pushing on the gas pedal?

My EXL V6 has this issue and the dealer is not sure what this is...any thoughts?
  • yes- if it is what I think you're talking about.... when i back out of my driveway and shift from reverse to drive, i hear a clicking noise of sorts on my 09 EXL V6....

my 03 LX 4 sedan had a clicking noise of sorts as well- only it sounded more "springy" if that makes sense.. lol
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    If its before you've driven the car at speed, its probably your ABS self-test. In my 06 Accord EX, it does the self-check at 4 mph or so. Makes a mix of a grinding noise and a burping noise, for less than a second. It does this the first time you go past 4 mph after each startup.
  • "yes- if it is what I think you're talking about.... when i back out of my driveway and shift from reverse to drive, i hear a clicking noise of sorts on my 09 EXL V6.... "

This is exactly what I hear. My 2003 never had this, but the 09 is every time I shift into Drive and push the pedal. It happens in the morning or even after driving for a bit. Granted it is louder when it has not been driven for several hours. Does not sound normal, and I can not figure out why it would do that.

It also sounds a bit different than the ABS comment just above.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    I, too, think you are hearing the ABS. It is more pronounced in sound compared to my american vehicles. I would not worry about it.
  • sporin71sporin71 Posts: 26
    The Acura TSX is the Euro Accord (luxuried up of course) Honda won't be offering 2 Accords in a Honda dealership.
  • huaxhuax Posts: 1
    I am doing my research for 2009 honda accord LX LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A) . The best price I get is 20500$ out the door. Is it a good price? I am in southern California, orange county.
    The best price I get is 20500$ out the door. Is it a good price?

You'll probably want to check here: Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Join Consumer Advice Editor, Phil Reed, and other Edmunds staff for an auto industry chat tomorrow night, Wednesday, 9:00 -10:00 pm/et (6:00 -7:00 pm/pt). To enter the chat, click on the banner at the top of the page. See you there!
  • jlocas27jlocas27 Posts: 1
    CANT FIND A 2009 MODEL FOR MY ACCORD. ANYONE KNOW WHICH ONE WOULD BE BEST FIT?
  • Does the Tire Pressure Monitoring System for the Honda Accord display the PSI for each tire...or is this feature only available in the Acuras?
  • dpmeersmandpmeersman Posts: 274
    When you see the TPS symbol on the Accord it is indicating a problem with the pressure, it offers no other information.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    If you own a 2006 – 2010 Honda Accord and live in the Los Angeles area, please contact ctalati@edmunds.com by August 12 if you’re interested in being contacted for more information on your vehicle ownership experience.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Hi -

Anyone who owns a 4cyl honda (i just bought a ex-l nave 4) - are you happy with the 4? how weel does it perform in expressway passing etc. any issues? any regrets on the 4 over the 6?
    any regrets on the 4 over the 6?

You may want to check out the I4 vs V6 topic at the link below.

Accord I4 vs V6
  • Since you already bought the four cylinder, isn't it a bit late to start asking about the 6 cylinder version?

But anyway, the six cylinder isn't really worth the extra money, not with the tiny difference in 0-60 speeds. Also a heavier ride, that I don't care for.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    The biggest noticeable difference in passing at highway speeds. Around town, its hard to tell a huge difference.

I have a 2006 2.4L Accord (166hp with 5AT), and absolutely love the engine.
  • I just bought an 09 Accord with dealer installed window tinting. At night the vision out of the rear window is somewhat distorted. The lights from cars behind me appears very glarely and somewhat refracted. The dealer claims to have heard a compliant like this before. Has anyone noticed this in their Accords? Thanks
  • vietviet Posts: 847
    Accord engines are excellent. I also bought a Honda-engined power washer. It works like dream. I have 4 V6 EX-L Accord, latest model is '08. They all "drive" me crazy.
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Posts: 71
    I ve owned 09 i4 for about a year now, 15k. I drives ok if you not using the AC, with he AC on it's kinda slow on the pick up. The dash lights flicker frequently, not a big deal though, the car is not super smooth nor quiet, GMPG is about 25-26 avg.

Speakers are ok, sub is kinda weak.

Over all, no issues as of yet. Been at the dealer only for an oil change and tire rotation.
  • yongseokyongseok Posts: 7
    Hi guys!

I have an issue in regards of sudden acceleration. If I really stomp it (accelerator), I
    can feel a lot of hesitation of accelerating in my car. I've never seen this problem i
    n other cars. - (I have owned honda civic 2003, hyundai elantra, and vw rabbit 08).

If I step on the accelerator slowly, the car gets accelerated ok. (not fast but it's ok since I didn't floor it.) However, I push it little be firmly and strongly, the rpm goes
    up to 6 (oh my god) but the speed is not getting increased properly. (it's not almost
    going up for a while and slow acceleration).

This problem is typically observed around 80mph but I can observe this issue at low
    speed sometimes.

Do you have any idea on this issue? or any experience? I suppose that my stupid
    dealship will say "show the problem to us" or "it's normal" and I want to get any hint
    to convince them.

Also, if it's normal behavior, give me some "peace of mind". :)

Thanks in advance.
  • Doesn't sound all that normal to me, I'd take it to a dealer to get it checked out. You may want to try another dealer which might be a better choice than the one you mentioned, also, ask the service department to check for any available software updates.
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Posts: 71
    there is a lag in the acceleration, I've experience a similar problem, it is much noticeable when you coming to a stop and then you rapidly start to accelerate before it actually stopped., I think it's b/c the car is way to heavy for the i4.
This discussion has been closed.