Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Challenger Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Tell us about your Challenger purchase experience here.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• I haven't purchased a Challenger but get updates on the latest news. I am excited for the 2009. Here is where I signed up for the updates - http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/challenger/get_updates/
  • ekstromjekstromj Posts: 1
    I'm seeing that the 2009 Challenger will be available in the R/T and the R/T will have 370hp compared to the 340 it currently has. Combine that with the 6 speed manual and I'm thinking I'd really like this car.

I emailed my local Dodge dealer who I test drove a Charger at and they told me to get a 2009 Challenger, regardless of model, is $5K over MSRP and they are pre-ordering now with a $5K deposit.

$5K over MSRP is less than last year, but it's still outrageous for a basic competitor to the Mustang and the Camaro. I've emailed other local dealers to see how much they are trying to charge.

Does anyone have any advice for I can go about trying to buy this vehicle without getting taken to the cleaners? Thanks
  • Yes, wait until next summer when you can get one with $3500 cash back, 0 % financing plus $3.99 Gas card (gas will be $5 this time next year, if not sooner). :P
  • deskmandeskman Posts: 485
    @25,000 over msrp. :shades:

i hear bob dance in central florida has them for much less. :confuse:
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    WOW! $25K over MSRP? I didn't know there were that many crackheads out there with money to buy cars. Personally, I'll wait for the real limited slip and the six speed...
  • nocargtxnocargtx Posts: 5
    I have been quoted a 09 challenger R/T with J package pretty well loaded up car for good amount under MSRP list. problem is B5 blue not yet available and that is the color I want. Anyone know approx date for B5 blue to be available??
  • roymondroymond Posts: 1
    That color won't be available til next spring in a special edition Challenger R/T & SRT8
  • the Magnum went two years w/out rebate
  • rtmdrtmd Posts: 1
    It's a great car. But unless you have alot of money- I agree that one should wait a year or two for rebates and or special financing. I really want one myself and I could afford it but I think to spend your money wisely, one must wait.

But if you really want it now. Wait about 6-9 months, buy that time you should be able to get invoice if you know how to negotiate which I am always able to do.

I got 2008 Nissan armanda 14k off sticker!
  • sweendogysweendogy Posts: 1,052
    In 04 when honda started to offer the v6 accord coupe in manual i went to honda--they wanted MSRP and had a boat load of dealer options on the car I would never have wanted-- In oct 2006 I went over to infiniti looking at the new G35 sedan with AWD-- no dealer options this time but MSRP was the ending point on a deal... I went back in Feb 07 and got the G35 i wanted for 500 over invoice...With this car your dealing with a company that in most likely hood will be out of business with in 3 years --they have stopped leasing cars -- they are considering selling off the VIPER unit.. Chevy in less then a year will be releasing a Camaro that will be a direct competitor -- If you wait you will get a better deal-- the writing is on the wall for Chrysler --i would wait
  • I couldn't be more pleased with the car, the dealer and the price. I just purchased this car from Airport CDJ in Orlando, drove it off the showroom floor and I'm loving it!!! It's white and loaded with most options, the MSRP was 36115 and they gave me a 3.5% discount off the MSRP which lowered the price to 34850, which is pretty much unheard of here in Florida. I traded in an 08 Civic EX 5 speed coupe and they gave me 16950 for that, not bad since I paid 17900 for it!!! I can not believe the attention that this car gets!!! This is one sweet car!!!!
  • Chrysler out of biz? wake up. Leasing ended not for money reasons, but rather whats the point of lease over low interest and LIFETIME warranty? And AVAILABLE bumper to bumper FOR LIFE? Leasing was/is for those who cant afford to own what they want and can only afford to rent the car. THe reason the imports hold value is they don't do fleet sales, or rentals as the domestics do for US based companies. Quality is not the boon of the imports any longer. Toyota has more recalls then anyone, and look at the recomended maint. of your import vs a domestic.
    Chrysler out of biz? wake up ----YEP thats why there were sold by MB for pennys on the dollar and the private firm who bot them is looking into bankruptcy option going forward..(look it up) have you seen there August sales numbers?? have you seen the banner ads on this page saying up to 40% MSRP Leasing ended for money reasons?? YES thats correct but not for the reasons you mentioned..They were leasing cars that would come back in 3-4 years that were worth less then they originally thought---That simple -- Alot of people could care less about LifeTime warranty --reason being they simply don't expect to have a car for more then 4-5 years-- and your incorrect that leasing is only for people who cannot afford to buy--its also for a person who wants a newer car every 3-4 years and who does not want to deal with the upkeep needed after warranty expires. Fleet sales have killed resale values of some domestics yes-- but who's fault is that?? There are quality domestic offerings --ie chevy malibu and ford focus.. and quality figures have come up a bit for domestics yes but the fact is toyota is now what people think of when talking about quality --sorry --and maybe its you who should WAKE UP and maybe pickup a newspaper. :surprise:
  • lostwrench1lostwrench1 Ct.Posts: 435
    Toyota = quality? Toyota?
    sure ask your parents or your friends --are they going to say dodge, chevy or ford?? i think not-- gm has made huge strides and i would not hesitate to look at there new malibu (if i were shopping for a accord/ camry) but 20 years of been a better company has put toyota at the top--honda close second.. and so on.
  • Are you aware your Toyota Company has MORE RECALLS THEN ANY OTHER CAR COMPANY? And Chrysler Corp is not the only one who lost in Aug. EVERY Car Company did. And Almost everyone is out of leasing, that is domestics because folks keep sendin money to Japan. Toyota is OVERPRICED. Dollar for Dollar Toyota and Honda are overpriced. Chrysler corp has lifetime warranty. And as for what "the net" says about Domestics? Ever wonder how many imports have nationals on payroll who go online and build up their imports and trash domestics?
    Go to a coffee shop in Japan. Right in Downtown Tokyo. I bet you vote for Obama as well huh? Let Media lead you will follow.
  • Let's stick to Dodge Challenger pricing, please..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• pyewpyew Posts: 1
    I know yall are smart enough, but beware.... the 6.1 takes premium gas, the 5.7 regular. That was enough to change my mind on what to get.
    might want to consider decaf
  • gruntgrunt Posts: 6
    Well I finally saw a new Challenger RT sitting on a dealers lot in San Diego. Having owned a 71 Cuda back in the 80’s I am really drawn to this vehicle. What I am not drawn to is the $9.000.00 mark up on the vehicle. The MSRP was around $38k and with the mark up it was $47k. I did not even bother speaking to a salesperson.

Hopefully the quality of the Challenger is better then the Charger. I drive one at work (law enforcement) and granted we drive our vehicles hard but we only get around 6,000 miles before the brakes need to be replaced compared to 12,000 on the Crown Vic. We have had the vehicle for the past 1.5 years and it has around 30k on the odometer. The car is not faring well compared to older Ford’s we have in our fleet.