Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander vs. Subaru Forester

Comments

• fushigifushigi Posts: 1,218
    Re: Timex. Back in the 70s when I was around 10 or 12 I had a Timex. Well, one day our cat decided to give it a bath so it literally took a licking and yes, it kept on ticking.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    They were out in soft sand (note the pics).

It's all about floatation, airing down, smooth inputs, and don't stop on soft sand else you'll sink.

Weight was a handicap.
    Prior to my BlackBerry, mine was obvious:

• Wow, now that's predetermination. You had no choice BUT to by a Forester!

In fact, your zeal was so great, you completely blew out the Reply link (at least on my Mac/Firefox).
  • comem47comem47 Posts: 389
    edited March 2010
    I blew out the page formatting in another forum a few weeks back. I asked the admin of that forum to remove the picture link I included, but he never has. (picture too wide for the web page)
    Sorry. It got a little excited that they're still sold. :D

I had a green one way back when...
    edited March 2010
    Here's one for gadget lovers who buy loaded Outlanders (fushigi I mean you):

That's got a phone built-in, plus it looks like some apps. A bit on the bulky side, though.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    LoL! You beat me to it. I was just doing the same search. Fair and balanced, you know. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Posts: 5,751
    This is for you. I'm surprised you don't already have one.
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,218
    I've seen those but am totally uninterested in them. They remind me of the red LED watches from the 70s.

The watch I linked to actually has more gizmos than I want this time around. But it has a backlight which I find useful and I like the Eco Drive. I also don't have good luck with leather bands lasting and have a couple of watches with gold bands already so the metal is appealing. Just saw it the other day at our jeweler and liked it.

I only buy watches with an analog face. A digital inset is OK, but I prefer analog where possible. I work on computers all day long so I like the change they offer. ANd on the analog face it must have hash marks for each hour (eliminating brands like Movado).

My current nicest watch (I have 5 ..) does some neat power conservation tricks. For instance, since it's an Eco Drive it's solar. So it knows when it's light or dark. When dark, it stops moving the second hand to save power. When exposed to light the second hand rushes around to wherever it needs to be.

And yes, none of this has anything to do with either the Outlander or the Forester. I guess we should get back to the topic at hand.
    edited March 2010
    You're only feeding my crackberry addiction! :D

Back to cars, hmm, Bluetooth works well with my Garmin but with the top down forget it, a headset is the only way to go.
  • piastpiast Posts: 269
    edited March 2010
    Look, it is possible! Every day on my morning commute I'm passing a house with gray Mitsubishi Outlander and black Subaru WRX in the driveway. Maybe, just maybe, all of us can be friends and fight RAV4 together for a change...
    "Maybe, just maybe, all of us can be friends and fight RAV4 together for a change"

OK, I'll be first. That swing door sucks!!! :P
    Dude, it's backwards! It blocks curb side loading. How dumb is that?

:D
  • authurdentauthurdent Posts: 82
    edited March 2010
    I just can't stand looking at them!

Sure, the swing door, but what about the rear mounted spare obstructing the rear view? And the body lines are neither roundish like the SanteFe/Rougue, or angular like the Outlander/Forester. Sort of a noncommittal melange of boredom.

And like other Toyotas I've had the opportunity to drive or passenger, I imagine the ride has all the excitement of sitting at the dentist office, listening to cut-rate muzak, waiting for the hygienist to pick my teeth with that horrible pointy thing.

Then there's the fact that we are COMPLETELY surrounded. Within a half block radius of the house, 6 neighbors have RAV4s. No other model or make enjoys this level of market saturation within eyesight of our front porch.

Borders on pathological! :confuse:
    The spare on the rear is full-sized, though, rare nowadays. It does block the view aft.

Last year they added the option of a donut under the cargo floor, which removed the rear tire from the door. So at least they fixed that.

I saw a concept for the euro (short wheelbase) RAV4 replacement, but I think they kept the swing gate. :sick:
  • p0926p0926 Posts: 4,423
    Then there's the fact that we are COMPLETELY surrounded. Within a half block radius of the house, 6 neighbors have RAV4s. No other model or make enjoys this level of market saturation within eyesight of our front porch.

That's pretty much the way it is here except with Foresters. Every other place I've lived, mine is normally the only Forester around but here, there are at least a dozen Foresters in the neighborhood. There are even a couple of houses with two Foresters in the driveway :surprise:
  • You are all making me feel bad. We just bought a 2010 RAV4. My wife wanted one for a long time. She likes the tire on back I did not but it is growing on me. The ride is comfortable and so far after 1,000 miles we have no complaints. It got a good rating in CR, Ours was not part of the recall. The VIN # starts with J so it was made in Japan. It appears this is true after I did some research. My old VW Passet is ready to go soon and I am really interested in the Forester. As I posted before the complaints about rattles concern me, I am going to continue to monitor the reviews to see if Subaru corrects this issue.
    From what I can see if one get's rear ended at lower speed, instead of it being bumper to bumper it might be front grill of other car hitting the tire and taking out the rear window too. So much for 5 mph bumpers. :cry: