Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fiesta

Comments

• iamziamz Posts: 542
    Thank you.
  • phill1phill1 Posts: 315
    The new 2011 Ford Fiesta has not even gone into production yet in Mexico and the Ford web site has altered the interior color choices. Now in the SE Hatchback, NO Option available. If you select Candy Red Metallic which is a $180. extra premium paint, you cannot select the blk/charcoal cloth interior. You get the light stone/grey cloth interior. Ok with me as thats the color option (I) ordered, but I`m sure some will be disappointed to find the early order for their vehicle was already changed!
    edited April 2010
    We were discussing the interior options on the Build site on another forum. We think it might be that they are working on the Build site because the leather options were gone also the last time I looked.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,690
    More likely it's just a website error. Are the official order guides out? Those are usually definitive.
    Of course the official order guides have been at the Ford Dealerships since late Feb. I ordered mine Mar.5 but like they always say and warn you, manufacturer reserves the right to make changes, add, delete, etc at anytime. It could be that they want to differentiate the SE cloth interior with the light stone-grey interior with the SEL cloth interior being charcoal-black? But, time will tell. Production is supposed to start Apr. 26.
  • Chains are REQUIRED on some highways in California in the winter, during bad storms. I don't know where you folks live that chains are illegal, but speak for yourselves.
    Speak for myself? I thought I was. What part of what I wrote says that chains are illegal in California? :confuse:

"...... Chains aren't even legal in most states and that includes mine. "

That statement is as true now as when I wrote it. The problem lies in your reading comprehension skills. ;)
    At the dealer I ordered from, the order guide I looked at listed and showed pictures of the three different fabric samples. I'm sure it's just a glitch.
    I think the problem was you said "most states" when that may not be true.
    Yep, you're right. I Just did some checking and it looks like I am wrong on chain laws. Entirely wrong! Most states do allow them in certain snow and ice conditions. Even my state. I new studded tires were illegal here and thought chains were also illegal.

My bad. I apologize. :blush:
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,871
    edited April 2010
    OK, got an answer from up the food chain ;) and while it may not let you do EXACTLY what you want to do, it certainly served the purpose of letting the folks who need to know that there's something the comparison probably could do...

We apologize for the trouble you are having comparing a 2011 Ford Fiesta with an automatic transmission to other models. Unfortunately our comparator tool only allows you to compare vehicles at the style level, and the automatic transmission on the Fiesta is an option.

While you will not be able to specify an automatic transmission for the Fiesta in the comparator tool, you can still price out the vehicle with this option:

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/fiesta/2011/index.html

1) Select a style

2) Click the red Price With Options Button

3) In the list of available options, check the box for the 6-Speed Automatic Transmission

3) Click the red TMV pricing report button

Like I said, maybe not the answer you would have ideally liked, but it moves the ball forward!

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Thanks pf_flyer,

Very much appreciate you taking the time to look into this. At least I understand why it doesn't work now. Of course, Edmunds could enter the Fiesta with an automatic as a style level. As it is, someone looking to compare a Fiesta to any other comparable car in it's class might get the impression that Fiestas only come with manuals. Kind of unfairly puts the Fiesta at a disadvantage.

But hey, what do I know? I've been known to be wrong before. ;)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,871
    I'm pretty sure that it wasn't done to put any car at a disadvantage in a comparison :P but thanks for pointing it out. Having all those extra eyes checking out every little corner of the site is how we find out about things that might not have turned out as expected!

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

The previous elimination of interior choices on the Ford Fiesta Build and Order site have been corrected. Both the cloth "light stone & charcoal" and well as the "black stone & charcoal" on the SE edition as well as the Leather option on the SES are now once again available. Must have been a site glitch.
    The Fiesta Build site does a terrible job of showing what the Light Stone fabric/interior looks like so Matthew (a Fiesta reservation consultant) posted this link on another site to a PDF that shows considerably better, the interior and paint choices. The fabric colors are very close to the actual samples I saw. That depends somewhat on the quality of your monitor though.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B7A3EggW1VljY2M1Yzk4MzMtMmIxMC00NzRiLWFmNDMt- ZmExMzdlOGRiMjI1&hl=en
    edited April 2010
    The Light Stone fabric is what I ordered on my Fiesta SE 5 dr Hatchback in Candy Red Metallic. I hope it looks airy and bright with the added Power Moon Roof I ordered. I`m so tired of drab tired black interiors. Wish they had offered a "red" cloth interior option. They only offered Red interior for one year (1994) in the Mustang Convertible which I ordered in the fall of 93` in bright Rio Red exterior paint. Hard to find matching interior and exterior colors anymore.
    I thought it was strange that they didn't have a red accent interior option for the cloth. A red accent would have looked much better with most of the Fiesta's exterior colors verses the blue.
    Never thought of that possibility. Still would have opted for the Light Stone Grey/Charcoal combination. For me adding the "red" highlite unto the Black cloth would have still left the interior too dark for me.
    edited April 2010
    Get ready for a bunch of Fiesta reviews on Monday. Automotive journalists have been testing the NA car for the last few weeks and can publish their data on the 26th. I'm guessing Edmunds will have their impressions ready to publish also. I really hope MPG numbers are as good as Ford has been saying. If you surf the web you can find some photos already released of the actual NA Fiesta.
  • nozferatnozferat Posts: 11
    Already Ford is baiting and switching the car's options....LOL.

What a great car company huh? They can't even hold to their word about what sort of car they are going to release.

The 17 inch rims options is no longer available.

I wonder what else they are lying about.....
    Settle down. Ford dumped the 17" rims a couple of months ago because no one ordered them. They were a $2000 ($500 a rim + the tire upgrade) option. No one was going to pay that anyway. I don't know why you would call that bait and switch.
    How DARE they change an option on a car before it's even for sale........ ;)
    What a hoot! If early pre-orders showed NO INTEREST in the $2000 upgrade to the optional 17`` Rims and Tires, can you fault the manufacturer from dropping the option? Perhaps they should still offer it for the few dozen people that decide that (they) want to pay for the wheel/tire upgrade? Why not offer an optional (pink or violet) paint option for a few hundred dollars extra and perhaps they might build 2 dozen of those as well! They also dropped the European Auto-Climate Control for heat/ac for a regular simple manual system, lets [non-permissible content removed] about that too while we are at it! Funny, the biggest "Bashers" are usually the same folks that have NEVER purchased a NEW vehicle in their entire lifetime, but love going around throwing shots and kicking tires on new cars while they drive around their 10 year old demolition derby clunkers!
    BS.

Actually quite a few ordered them...and besides...it should still be an option.

Ford's official position was that they could not find tires that met the ride quality for the car....what nonsense.

They offer 17 in factory rims for a stupid Focus but not this new model?

Give me a break....let's not make excuses.
    Yes indeed...how dare they...especially when they are using the images of the sportier rims on their website and yet don't offer them.
    In other words, you're upset because you wanted them and now you can't get them. Why don't you just say that instead of making baseless accusations. I'm sure you and the other 3 people that wanted them won't hurt the sales numbers.
    No....I'm saying that if I option out a car that is supposed to come here and they begin to change things around, I'm not going to buy it.

If others want to deal with a car company that cannot sell what they claim they'll sell, I'm not going to be the big idiot supporting them.

Not only are they modifying the options available, they're now changing and limiting interior/exterior combinations at the last minute.

Why would they do this if they want to make a good impression? When all other car manufacturers offer what they advertise, what would possess me to buy this now other than being an outright fan-boy who doesn't mind getting screwed over?

What's your excuse?
    Lets see......limiting exterior/interior combinations too? Every car I`ve EVER bought off the lot or ordered had in the "Owners Manual" the usual paragraph that the manufacturers reserves the right to make changes,modifications, in both content and equipment without notice or being required to make changes to previous models due to production changes! Remember years ago when GM got in trouble by substituting different engine/transmission combinations in some of its vehicles. An Oldsmobile ended up with a Chevrolet engine or transmission , someone got a lawyer and sued for a zillion dollar for mis-representation and from then on...all GM Vehicles had a disclaimer in its literature that GM reserves the right to use and switch components of any of its vehicles to be used in all vehicles that they manufacture regardless of the "Brand". Why not [non-permissible content removed] that Ford.Canada has different product content features at different prices then those sold here in the US? They don`t charge an extra $180 for Candy Red Metallic Paint, but they charge $1095 for a Power Moon Roof instead of $695. for US bound vehicles? The entire pricing and content structure has always been different. In Canada the 2011 Ford Fiesta has Sirrus Sat Radio as standard equipment with free 6 month activation! Also includes a FREE cargo area containment holder which is an option in the US? But, check out the several thousand dollar increase in Canadian dollar for similar cars. The exchange rate is almost even so you can`t blame the price difference on the different currency.
    They pulled the 17" rims long before orders could actually be put in the system so when you say "Actually quite a few ordered them", I'm not sure what you mean. I'm sure some people reserved them but the reservation system isn't an order.

You can buy much nicer rims for a lot less than $500. Why are you so hung up on these rims?