Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fiesta

Comments

• puffin1puffin1 Posts: 276
    edited February 2011
    I read some where that KIA has come out with a mulitilink suspension on it's Optima.Ya, this torsion beam thing gets old after a while.I'll pay more for comfortable ride.
    I'm really going to check out a muli link . They put t beams in to cut cost.It's too bad you have to spend over 30 k to get the color seats you want, or a dead pedal.Then instead of real capet they give you capeted floor mats over felt.
    I thought Toyota use to nickle and dime you. Check out Mazda they are worse.
    That what I bought was the 2.5 170 Base VW 5 spd. I almost got the diesal,but some say the fuel pumps go and ruin the engine and VW is blaming it on the owner.They claim the diesal over here isn;t that clean ,or the owners are using flex fuels?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    edited February 2011
    2012 Ford Focus ST

I wonder if Ford charges extra for that shiny gold color. This pup is kind of cool looking...I've been tinkerin' with getting a new Ford Fiesta for about 2013 but with this babe looking like it is I may look at one of these or even a C-Max. Comes complete with the hi-performance, low-profile radials and stiff...or is it stiff-feeling suspension? Ehh? May need ta test drive one of these Goldfingers.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Seph, is that HB coming over here.I don't go for the gold and black wheels,but whatever turns you on.
    I think people shopping Fiesta should wait for the Focus before deciding. What I mean is how far away from each other in price are they? :shades: Hey ,they charge more for candy apple red.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    edited February 2011
    no, you fully caught my drift, man. I will look closer at one of these Focus ST's and I am going to need this Goldfinger color, too! Wow! Looks great.

Yeah, the Focus hatch is coming for 2012. They called it a Focus 5 in the online mag I got with my Google. And you're right, Ford is either gonna have to lower Fiesta prices or people like I are going to just wait for a 2012 Focus. Because 2012 Focus pricing is coming in at about $16,400-$18,700, this ST could grab more like $25,000 though, if my eyes were focusing right in Coeur d'Alene Saturday night. Doesn't even start to dismay me. This Focus ST is now sitting squarely in my sights...but not until about mid 2013 or so. My '08 Lancer GTS will be fully paid off then and I will know more about the cars coming out between now and then.

This car looks great to me, though, and there is a Ford dealer in Coeur d' Alene, that being Lake City Ford. :) It's Ford's 2012 Focus ST in Goldfinger to lose to Mitsubishi's 2013 Lancer GTS or Hybrid GTS.

• iamziamz Posts: 542
    The Foci will be priced about $3k higher than a comparable Fiesta.
    hope the seats fold flat :shades:
    I don't think they do. Kind of strange that Ford ignores that. On the Fiesta the bottom seat cushion pulls out easily and the back will lay flat but there is still a couple inch step between the hatch floor and the seat back.
    What's the difference from curb weight and standard weight? If a SES Fiesta is loaded it's about 21k. I don't know what's coming on the Focus but, I want a six speed with some you know what for 3k more. :shades:
    Thanks, I came out with $24,450.00 for SEL moonroof, winter pkg. and a pkg of $1365.00 (haveto check mpkg out they picked for me, hope it's sync.w/ no nav)
    I have to go back and check it out.A Focus has good resale anyways, the HB's do. I found a 2007 Z3 and it was 10 k I think.Why ford did away with the Hatch is beyond my knowlege.
    I'd rather have a six speed. Is the auto a DSG?What's a GDI engine ,direct fuel injection?I thought the Fiesta was having some problems with its DSG trannies.
    The Focus is direct injection. Not sure what GDI means. The auto tranny in the Focus is a DSG (dual clutch) and will have paddle shifters.

The problem with some of the shifting in the Fiestas is actually a bad electrical ground on some of the cars and there is a TSB to be performed if folks report a problem. They basically clean up the two bad grounds and reflash the transmission and all is well.
  • I believe that GDI, on the Fiesta, stands for Gasoline Direct Injection. Cannot understand why it's not a hatchback.............that's the only flavour here in Europe. As for the grille, (earlier posts), here in Europe is has a broad horizontal black plastic bar across the grille at it's widest point. This affords some minor-shunt protection and provides a mounting place for the EU-mandatory front licence plate. It also helps to break up that child-eating maw; giving the impression of upper- and lower-grilles.

Over here it comes with a choice of 1.25, 1.4 and 1.6 gassers and 1.4 and 1.6 diesels and, as far as I know, an Auto 'box is only available as a cost-option, on the 1.4 gassers. All variants come as either 3- or 5-door hatches.

It is a good car, but not the best in class - in Europe.

Focus is also well liked and comes with a choice of 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 and 2.5 gassers, (the latter in ST or RS versions with 222 and 300bhp respectively), and 1.6 and 2.0 diesels. The 2.5's are all 3-door hatches and the others are predominantly 5-door with a smattering of 3-doors................or there is the "Estate", (wagon), variant with 5-doors and all but the 2.5 engines. Previous incarnations did include a 4-door saloon but, as it was about as popular as gout, it was quietly dropped some years ago. In a very crowded, and talented, sector neither the Fiesta nor the Focus are great at holding their used value.
    We do have the hatchback Fiesta and the 2012 Focus will also have a hatch. He was refering to the outgoing crappy Focus. The Fiesta does not have direct injection here in the states.
  • that's OK, since I'm a big Kia fan, I'm used to buying cars that don't hold their value much. :P

I like a Kia Soul especially when Michele Wie is driving it.
    However, the milage sucks and the torsion beam is a back breaker. :shades:
  • creakid1creakid1 Posts: 2,032
    possibly the next Forte, looks like the taillights are designed by the same person who did the Focus III sedan. The car looks quite gorgeous, though.
  • then I'll be waiting ta see the new world order Kia Forte with much baited breath.

edited February 2011
    I know the Fiesta is made in Mexico and the Hankook tires come from China( that I couldn't believe)
    The dealer called to say my car needed service. I called back and said it only has 5k on it. However,It didn't do any good regardless Of Syntetic#1. While I was at the shop, I saw a set of 10 spoke wheels alloys with Hankook tires with the sticky tags on them.They wanted $800.00 wheels and tires. They said the buyer didn't want them.So I haggled and bought them.
    I went to a tire shop and bought some Continentals. Well, the salesman said he'd buy the Hankooks for $400.00 did I screw up? He said they were great tires.
    All the time I was doing this I had a Fiesta SES DSG for a loaner and what a job it was to get the 4 mounted tires in it.The MSRP was $2080.00 and it was candy apple red with painted alloys. What are painted alloys?They wanted my car for a trade.No way Hose. I said, maybe next year I'll trade for a Focus .I mean the Fiesta drove nicely, but for the money no grab bar, lumbar or an armrest and I think only the drivers seat was heated and not up your back.The sales man said he could send the Fiesta out for $500.00 more and install what I wanted.
  • here's some stuff about painted alloys.

Mag wheels are automotive wheels built using a magnesium alloy that leaves the wheels lighter than other types while retaining strength throughout the wheel body. Due to the look of most mag wheels, they've gained popularity as aftermarket car add-ons, purchased primarily for the wheel appearance alone. To increase the visual impact of mag wheels, many owners have the wheels painted to complement the vehicle color. This can be an expensive process when done professionally, but you can do it yourself if you're willing to tackle the project. The paint and accessories are all available at any well-stocked auto supply store and, while the painting process can be time consuming, it's simple enough that even a beginner can complete it successfully.

Read more: How to Paint Mag Wheels | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6931469_paint-mag-wheels.html#ixzz1ESm3GJf2