Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fiesta

1262728293032»

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,269
    Yep, you have to push the little button (sensor?) to unlock. I'm encouraged to hear that your driver door unlocks all doors. My 2011 does not, and it is downright infuriating, especially since there is only one door lock switch inside the car (in the center of the dash, of all places)! Funny enough, unlocking from the passenger side unlocks all doors. /facepalm
  • I have a 2012, and you do have to push the button for access. However the owners manual (page 139 under "Unlocking the doors/two-stage unlock" describes to set all doors unlock or drivers first, then all others. I haven't checked, but it would make sense to me that if you went with the fob to the passenger door all doors would unlock
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    Follow the owner's manual instructions for disabling two-stage unlock (or enabling one-stage unlock).
    I have looked through that whole book and didn't see anything on this topic, but did fine instructions related to making the car stop locking the doors any time it was moved. I'll look through it again, though, as I would love to have the driver door work conveniently.

None of this would be an issue if Ford would put real door lock switches on the doors, but they decided cheaping out and putting a button in the middle of the dash was the way to go.
    It's right there on page 140:

Two-stage unlock disable
    Disabling two-stage unlock allows all vehicle doors to unlock
    simultaneously.
    Two-stage unlocking may be disabled or re-enabled by simultaneously
    pressing the and controls on the transmitter for three seconds.
    The park lamps will illuminate twice to indicate that two-stage unlock
    was enabled or disabled.
    Ah, thank you for your insistence!

My owner manual (2011) is slightly different, having this information on page 142. That aside, this toggle you cited above is presented in the manual from the context of the remote entry feature (the FOB / intelligent access key). It does not discuss this from the perspective of the door button at all.

Since the door button doesn't have a two-stage feature (e.g., press the door button twice w/in three seconds results in unlocking the driver door, then locking all doors), I did not connect the two (two-stage on the remote vs. functioning of the door button) in any way. So, while my doubt-meter was pointing toward high as I attempted this toggle, when the remotes' two-stage is toggled off (allowing one press of the remote to unlock all doors), the door button also unlocks all the doors simultaneously from the driver door button!

I'm thrilled! Thank you so much for your help. :)
    You're welcome. It doesn't matter how you do the unlocking - with the fob or by touch with IA - the result is the same. But I can see why you were confused.
  • If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2012-14 Ford Fiesta, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

What's the significance of 12? Happily, I have an 11, so I don't have to feel guilty for skipping out. :P
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,943

If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2012-14 Ford Fiesta, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.