Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Commander Electrical Problem

2»

Comments

• itabotitabot Posts: 105
    speaking with Chrysler Jeep Customer Relations Today and while the person I'm speaking with seems to be genuinely trying to determine how best to get this 'Jeep Commander Pandemic' attended to, it seems that the root of the ongoing'ness of the problem is that Jeep Chrysler Corporates Customer Service Policies simply don't allow The Company to take responsibility for putting faulty cars on the road & for the genuine remedy of the problem.

At this point, this will be my 3rd and last Jeep purchase.

Of course, this Jeep Commander will be mine forever, because I certainly can't sell it to anyone else knowing how much of a liability it is (cruise control switching on by itself being the worse example of that liability).
    today, I endured 2 conversations with very polite but not at all genuinely 'helpful' , i.e., helpful in terms of actually solving the problem , Jeep Chrysler customer service representatives; they were - just as they were when I first purchased The Commander and called Chrysler Coporate regarding the 'stall problems' - more interested in selling me on the 'dealer diagnosis' which the coporate representatives still explain will then entitle me to be considered for a 'good will' rebate on repairs if the diagnosis determines that the problem is not from my negligence but is in fact a manufacturer defect...as if Chrysler Jeep doesn't already know that the problems came with the Commander at time of purchase. What's more, as i also told them in reply to what amounts to no more than a 'give us more of your $$$ gimmick', a.k.a. the dealer diagnosis, the last time they so encouragingly offered me this 'pay for diagnosis' for potential rebate, i didn't get the rebate with corporate telling me that they were not willing to 'rebuild' the car.
    EBC Modulei was also informed that there had been an electrical related safety recall. i never received notice of this recall but it regards the stall that occurs when the commander slows down before a hill then has to accelerate quickly, i.e., the stall feeling that occurs is actually addressed via this safety recall.
    are found here: http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_tsb.htm

but as you can see even though Jeep Corporate acknowledges the problems we have detailed as experiencing here on this forum, Jeep Corporate does not assume responsibility to the extent that it will repair them, i.e., buying Jeep apparenly ain't what it used to be; now, buying Jeep Chrysler comes with 'buyer beware' principle.

why the US government bailed out such an unprincipled company as Jeep Chrysler has become is beyond the comprehension of reasonable Americans; bad investment of USA taxpayer dollars. (mercedese paying to get rid of it's investment in chrysler says it all...)
    getting my Commander Folder in order for the attorney (I'm not too optimistic that Chrysler will come foward by tomorrow and accept responsibility for the state of my Commander) and reading 1st Certified Letter to Chrysler, i.e., my problems started with the simple 3,000mile oil change that i did at the dealer. the car was running perfectly until that oil change; from that point forward (literally, as The Certified Letter and receipts show, within 24 hours after that oil change, the Commander needed a new starter, and experienced stall problems when having to slow down and then accelerate on a slight incline.
    is very easy to contact NHTSA regarding these problems. there are on-line forms and phone number. if you are still experiencing these problems, please report them to NHTSA.

going through my Commander Folder today i realized that my very first complaint to Chrysler Jeep about a brake-stall problem was eventually addressed by a safety recall (that i only found out about when i called in to Jeep regarding the water leak and electrical/cruise control problems).
  • ABS and ESP/BAS and some other lite with a skid mark lite stays lit....
    Any ideas why these are staying lit? I thought that maybe the brakes were getting bad so I changes the brakes all 4 wheels but to no availe
    does anyone have any idea why these lights are still lit. They effect my cruise control being on
    has anyone else had this problem? it it/can it be related to the former rainwater leak via the sunroof drains?

the leak of rain water has stopped on its own but this evening i opened sunroof and when i went to close it, it would not close. i had to shut engine off, turn on, turn off and on before it would close.

also, incase it happens again, does anyone know how to close these sunroofs manually?

thank you!
  • My 2006 Hemi does the same thing. Lights flicker on dash board after it rains or go through car wash. No solution from jeep dealers yet.
    I had the terrible water leak problem. Found out it was debris
    Getting in drain lines from sun roof by leaving it open under trees. Jeep blew
    out drain lines for $150.00. .
    Solved problem finally!
  • My 2006 leaked so bad I thought I was leaving sunroof open. It is from leaving it open under a tree
    Drain lines get clogged and need to be blown out $150.00 . Don't let them try and sell you new
    $600.00 lines a good blowout solves the problem. Took me 3 years to figure this out just one little twig left in the sunroof track can get lodged in drain tubes as well as baby acorns ect.
  • I was having the same problem. Many people on this site, said the problem was with the ignition. My son had told me that I had too many keys on my key chain and that would damage the ignition. I removed all of the keys except for 2 keys and the problem has stopped. Maybe I caught it before the problem worsen. Try that before sending to the dealer. Good luck.
  • 08 jeep commander ..tac and speedometer jump back and forth while driving ..doesn't effect running of vehicle..now dead when I went to crank? Any one have this issue?
  • @mrswilson said: Issue with mine also. The jeep wont start, clicks when i turn the key. the screen says i need to service my 4wd system, PO 513 CODE, service park assist and transmission over temp. What???? Its stalled outside my house right now. Did u ever find the issue with your elecrtrical complications?

Did you ever figure out the problem with this issue? That is what mine is doing.

2»