Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Honda Civic Problems and Repairs

Comments

• regarding the brakes----the brakes did not employ. I didn't post that they felt funny, but they they failed. this is what happened. I pressed, the car did not stop. At all. 2x. the car is a lemon. And, the oxygen level is low, and spikes high low on driving. that is it. the headaches etc, if you look it up, come from low/high oxygen levels. the symptoms fit low oxygen.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    What exactly is that and what are it's credentials? What you are saying about the interior oxygen levels makes no sense...please elaborate.
    Sorry you seem to be having so much problems with your Canadian made Civic. Enjoying my '06 LX very much overall.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• targettuningtargettuning Posts: 1,371
    I was just trying to post a few polite comments/fixes/possibilities regarding your "problems". Don't get me wrong, I am not defending Honda Motors in the least, in fact I am less than thrilled with ours and use every opportunity to try to steer potential buyers from purchasing a Civic based on our many small but "non-Honda like" problems. Personally I believe that Honda, much like Toyota, is riding the wave of a previously garnered reputation for high quality that it no longer deserves or strives to continue.
  • Thanks for your msg. I agree wholeheartedly. I am completely frustrated, as my car problem exists now for 11 months. I actually can not drive my car, which is impossible.It sits in my driveway, and I walk or do without. Absolutely no one will listen or attend to the matter. This includes Transport Canada, honda Canada.....I have written the CEO of Honda Canada with no response. I have contacted MP's, with no response. no one actually cares if I get taken for a ride on my lemon vehicle. . It is ridiculous. The local dealer and Honda Canada are screwing me on this car, therefore I am furious with them. In Canada, there are no laws to protect consumers such as I who end up with a lemon. Good luck
  • yes, the whole thing is rather unusual

. Basically, my car, and only my car (not other hondas, no other models, etc) has been making me very sick upon driving it-wicked headaches, nausea, dizziness....long drives left me sick for 2 days.

Since I am never sick, this was odd. I initially suspected carbon monoxide.I recently had testing by a local company-testing as outlined by the head of emissions Canada. The results showed erratic oxygen levels inside the car. Unusual low levels, when running, and spikes to 25, and 18.5 at intervals.

This explains my headaches, etc. I have yet to find someone to decipher re the vehicle. I plan to have testing repeated. Although all was done to protocol and put in writing, no one seems to accept it. One thing is sure...there is something oddly wrong with my car.

To add, the brakes failed completely 2x. There have been other small problems with the vehcile-electrical, door locks, power windows. It is junk. I am so sorry I bought it.

Honda canada, my dealer, transport canada, the CEO of Honda Canada, they are all ignoring me. I am expected to pay the lease on a car that I can not drive. I do not have a car at the moment, and it is impossible . I have been fighting for 11 months! It's become my full time job.

Because of the non service, I feel anyone is CRAZY to buy from this company. I have been dealt complete disrespect and hatred from them. I have been threatened by the local dealer....the owner has hung up in my ear 2x, Honda Canada employees are unbelievably rude.....stay away.

No one wants to lose money on the car, so I have been stiffed with it. Honda Canada is worth billions, while the local owner of the dealership is worth millions But that's ok......screw the little people, so that you can be rich.

good luck
  • In BC canada, there is a class action suit happening re tires on 06 07 08 civics. You can find this online.
  • you are crazy to buy honda, and crazy to buy 08. I have a 08 lemon, that no one will do anything about. the car is pure junk. Find and read my posts. I am getting screwed on my car. It sits in my driveway-I can not drive it. I have no car. I have been battling for 11 months, and am being ignored. Stay away from honda. there is NO customer swrvice. Heaven help you if there is a problem.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    My '06 has been almost trouble free. Had a couple of the early recalls done and the rear control arms taken care of and the car's been perfect ever since...just a pleasure to own. Getting 31 combined, with 80% in suburban driving.

Love my Honda and loved all the Toyota's that we had. Like to keep things in perspective in these forums and to have a balanced discussion. Obviously some are having certain issues but I really believe that that % is somewhat low compared to the total volume of vehicles sold.

My Civic rocks!!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• yes, it is rare to have a problem honda. this is my 3rd honda. the first 2 were trouble free forever.

Problem is, Honda are such snobs, that when there is a problem, they do not serve their customers. THIS is the problem, and this is the reason I will never again buy from honda. This is why I warn others to shop elsewhere.

Incidentally, the cars are not made in the same manner as they were in the past. Cheaper materials, more problems..........

.I have several serious problems, and I am not being served. they are not returning my phone calls. This is non service. For me Honda may rot in hell. I have not had a car to drive for 11 months. I am still fighting.
  • jonesbb630jonesbb630 Posts: 31
    edited March 2010
    I must say I've had an 84 Accord, 86 Accord, 88 Accord, 91 Integra, 95 Integra, 96 Civic, 97 Accord, 2000 Acura EL, 2001 Accord, 2002 Civic, 2005 CRV, 2008, Civic, 2008 CRV, 2009 Honda Lawnmower, 2009 Honda Snowblower. All these driven by my wife and me and knock on wood, not one lemon and nothing but pleasure to own and operate. By the complaints listed on this forum, I must be a hell of a lucky Honda owner. I must say that I have always done the recommended maintenance on all my Honda pruducts from oil changes to wheel alignments twice a year, tire rotation every other oil changes and regular recommended maintenance.

My Blood Pressure would not handle anything but Hondas right now as I had Ford and GM before all my Hondas and left them before I get a heart attack fighting for warranty issues and poor craftsmanship. Until I get a real lemon, I guess Hondas will continue to be parked in my driveway as long as I'm paying for them.
  • You should go to a local decal shop, get large lemon stickers made and stick them all over your car, and park the car next the the dealer you got your car from on weekends when the dealer is closed. One guy from my local area did that with a Nissan Altima, and the dealer and Nissan setled and he got another brand new leftover demo in exchange for his lemon and he's been happy ever since.
  • glad to know! I on the other hand will get a heart attack fighting for my lemon, under warranty, problems appeared at 4mos old. I am speaking, but they are not listening. feels like 1910, not 2010. They do not listen to women! and, they are stupid. cheers
  • I'm telling you the last thing you dealer wants is for you to park your car close to their dealership with huge lemon stickers on it. I would be willing to bet they would listen to you then. There's nothing they can do to stop you from putting large lemon stickers on your car. Even better if you drive all over town with the sticker on. It will get their attention.
  • excellent-I have thought of this! the car is not safe to drive-their a lack of oxygen in the car. when I drive it I get sick for 2 days.

however, I am at last resorts, so I may actually do this! where to buy lemon stuckers?
  • and, by the way, thanks so much to you all for your suggestions. they are helpful.

I have tried everything, to include calling the dealer every night for 7 weeks, yes I am not kidding. they have called back, and sent registered letters, stating any further tests would be at my expense! Honda Canada does not call back. Nor have they responded to a letter addressed to the CEO 2 months ago. All is a ok when there is no problem.......but when there is a problem, and, money involved, look out.

Even transport canada has not called back.
  • jonesbb630jonesbb630 Posts: 31
    edited March 2010
    I would start at a Car detailing shop where they do custom stripping or stickers. You could also check with sign companies that make stickers for vehicles for business purposes. It might cost you a few dollars for the bright lemmon stickers, but you will get their attention. Back home, the guy that did this with his Black Nissan Altima got ignored at first by the dealer thinking he would go away but he didn't. He kept driving his car all over town, and parked next to their dealership whenever he had a chance. He had huge lemon stickers on the hood, side doors and rear window. It was hillarious at first but he ended up getting what he wanted. I'm not sure exactly was was wrong with his car though...

Good luck
  • hilarious. how long before he got results?
  • also, are you in canada or the us?
  • sorry, last thing! Did this guy have actual stickers of lemons, or the word lemon on a sticker?? curious

thanks again
  • sparklandsparkland Posts: 108
    Ever think of driving with the window rolled down? Sorry you are having problems with your Civic, but your claims seem rather exaggerated. Anything is repairable.