Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Steering Questions

13»

Comments

• alcolavistaalcolavista Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    HONDA TOURING @ 28000km
    I did a long drive from vancouver to san francisco loaded with my family of five. way down hill from the border of seatle and calif at around ( 108km ) of speed ... men its a terrible experience for the exted of vibration.i paid $61000 canadian for this car and this is what ive got in less than 2 years..
    the whole trip end up really slow for 22 hours of drive BC to SF because of this vibration.
    Contrary to popular belief, Honda does not make their own Power Steering Rack. A third party actually manufactures and sells these factory Power Steering Racks directly to Honda. Honda then installs these Power Steering Racks in your Pilot at the factory assembly line.2010 to 2013 have the same sterring rack assy..
    My apointment is next week and i will update u guys for the outcome..iam 100 percent sure its the sterring rack i did rotate the tires inspect the rotor the pads everything in good shape.
    If iam going to replace the steering rack every 2 years better i look for onother brand.
    What more if we use this for off road..try everyone down the hill for at atleast 100km of speed.
    do it while its not too late..
  • emmy9emmy9 Posts: 1
    My 05 Pilot with 80,000 miles just started this steering wheel thing. The steering wheel shakes/vibrates back and forth (Left to Right). Not as noticeable at higher speeds on the highway. I had the tires rotated and balanced yesterday and it really didn't help. In December I had it in for a tune up at the dealership. They replaced the tie rods. Is that part of the steering rack problem that people are referring to?

The tires treads are at about 5/32 and both the dealer and the tire shop said they are okay for a few more miles.

Should I take it to the dealer and ask them to look at the power steering, drive train, what?
    thanks.
  • nnotsoonnotsoo Posts: 5
    well, we resurfaced the rotors and had the control arm bushings replaced per power-train warranty. All is good. Cheap Honda rotors though, cheap steel.
13»